Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699023 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #16755 on: October 13, 2012, 11:02:42 pm »

Did i tell you that when i apply for walmart i failed their employee test when i literally was a brown nose

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16756 on: October 13, 2012, 11:37:57 pm »

So we're going to change the number of valence electrons of ACTA, making it more reactive?

I haven't gone far enough into Chem 10 to get this.

This. It has pretty much nothing to do with chemistry.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16757 on: October 13, 2012, 11:42:36 pm »

So we're going to change the number of valence electrons of ACTA, making it more reactive?

I haven't gone far enough into Chem 10 to get this.

This. It has pretty much nothing to do with chemistry.
And besides, I think you're looking for Electronegativity.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16758 on: October 14, 2012, 12:23:40 am »

Even if no one read my rant,
I feel much better now. :D

Yesss, give in to the hate... :P

And I read it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16759 on: October 14, 2012, 01:02:21 am »

Did i tell you that when i apply for walmart i failed their employee test when i literally was a brown nose
Literally? Telle, is there something that you'd like to share with us?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16760 on: October 14, 2012, 01:12:50 am »

Yeah, uh, I may not be the most knowledgable on this subject, but... Tugging down your potential employer's trousers and shoving your nose, you know, there probably wouldn't make for the best first impression. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16761 on: October 14, 2012, 01:15:35 am »

Yeah, uh, I may not be the most knowledgable on this subject, but... Tugging down your potential employer's trousers and shoving your nose, you know, there probably wouldn't make for the best first impression. :-\
Sad to say, And it says some sorry things about the state of this country, but, some people do not like noses inserted into their anuses.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16762 on: October 14, 2012, 01:43:03 am »

This is shaping up to be the most boring weekend ever. Why is everyone leaving for fall break?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16763 on: October 14, 2012, 01:45:41 am »

walmart

Actually, wal-mart loves when employees take the initiative, and you've just given an example why - they need good managers, badly. If you've got a decent head in your shoulders, it shouldn't take you more than a couple weeks to get your own department, and a couple months to get a management position.

It definitely involves mastering how to deal with the emotions of your coworkers in a productive way though - when to push, when to give, when to do what your told, when to do what's important, who's reliable, who's not, and when and who to pass things off to.

And most importantly - don't leave messes. If you don't have someone you can absolutely trust to take care of something, assume it won't get done, take charge, and take responsibility. I'll note that your manager seems to have screwed this bit up royally, but it was your initiative, so you did too.

Of the many members of my family who've played the walmart game (and ended up with the owners practically begging them to join management) I'm the only one who didn't pull it off. And that's because I a) worked back room for more than the managers made and b) when they eventually shifted me to the front and cut my pay in half, I spent six months sleeping through my shift in the bathroom.

I was not an ideal employee, heheh. The rest of my family was, though. (All at different stores, no favoritism going on)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16764 on: October 14, 2012, 01:53:38 am »

basically i took the test with doing everything my boss tells me to and keeping a clean plate without risks. Thought it was funny when it said i failed. I assumed that they wanted to bind your soul to the company till the day you died. Wasn't the greatest moment of my life and one of the reasons i had to abandon colorado and move to utah, i forgotten what i was doing anymore and needed to get away again.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16765 on: October 14, 2012, 05:08:24 am »

There's an employee test?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #16766 on: October 14, 2012, 06:20:47 am »

basically i took the test with doing everything my boss tells me to and keeping a clean plate without risks. Thought it was funny when it said i failed. I assumed that they wanted to bind your soul to the company till the day you died. Wasn't the greatest moment of my life and one of the reasons i had to abandon colorado and move to utah, i forgotten what i was doing anymore and needed to get away again.
Sounds like you were overqualified.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #16767 on: October 14, 2012, 09:52:46 am »

walmart

Actually, wal-mart loves when employees take the initiative, and you've just given an example why - they need good managers, badly.

Our management is special. Not bad people most of the time, but anyone who's in a management position right now has been there for five to twenty years and isn't planning on going anywhere, so management positions open up very rarely around here. Considering that it's probably one of the highest paying gigs in this town besides owning your own business or working for the military, I can't really blame them. Unfortunately, they've become rather jaded and assume the worst of everyone in the store and seem to have a hard time connecting with their employees. I'm the complete opposite. I'm far too trusting and empathetic to work well in the retail industry, which is part of what lead to this is the first place and part of the reason I wouldn't make a good manager in most stores.

Irregardless of my puppy-like personality, they didn't need to threaten, badger, and grill me for making a mistake. I respond to that kind of attitude in the most self destructive manner possible. It brings out the depression, mindless rage, and emotional instability that I've mostly been keeping down successfully the past few months. The funny thing is at the end of the interview they were all, "if you have any personal issues, just tell us, we're here to listen". I looked at them and thought, I can't even trust you to treat me like a human being. You just lied and threatened me with punishment if I didn't roll with your lie. I'm not trusting you with jack squat.

So I'll be keeping my head down and avoiding them for a while. I don't want to become cynical and distrusting, but even a puppy's going to avoid people who kick him.

And I read it.

I was honestly surprised when two people actually posted a response. My mindless rage is of the mindless quality.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16768 on: October 14, 2012, 11:09:27 am »

Almost getting hit at a street crossing, and the bitch driving giving me a dirty look because I have the nerve, nay, audacity to have the legal right-of-way.

Also, that crossing goes from WALK to blinking DON'T WALK in about a second, and it's 4 lanes wide. And that was the safest place to cross.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16769 on: October 14, 2012, 11:47:03 am »

Almost getting hit at a street crossing, and the bitch driving giving me a dirty look because I have the nerve, nay, audacity to have the legal right-of-way.

Also, that crossing goes from WALK to blinking DON'T WALK in about a second, and it's 4 lanes wide. And that was the safest place to cross.
"HOW DARE YOU GET BLOOD ON MY CAR!"
Pages: 1 ... 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 ... 3345