Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1113 1114 [1115] 1116 1117 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698790 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #16710 on: October 11, 2012, 11:26:15 pm »

I have worked in an open air facility (basically a giant wind tunnel sucking outside air through) when it was -20 F, wearing just a t-shirt for 2-3 hours at a stretch.  Then I'd put a sweatshirt back on for 10-15 minutes, before I'd get too hot and have to take it off again.

My rage right now:  I'm at about the halfway point of my day, and have already accomplished a full day's productivity/20% in excess of an equal contribution to team's daily production goal.  Doesn't matter.  I'll still get in trouble if I have any "gaps" throughout the day.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16711 on: October 11, 2012, 11:33:13 pm »

Hypocrisy. It is extremely annoying.

This. The Drug Court is extremely hypocritcal. I can understand guerilla warfighters now. I sympathize.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16712 on: October 11, 2012, 11:39:44 pm »

It'll be okay. To be honest, I'm past the point of caring what they do to me. I just don't fucking care. They don't scare me anymore.

I just wish I wasn't so tired. And sad. And lonely. And angry. I want to get fucking drunk and forget it all for awhile, but I can't. Not that it would help if I could anyway. I wish I could cry, but I'm out of tears. I have been for months. It's not healthy. I'm going to explode if I don't get all this built up crap out, but I can't get it out. So, I get to just make motions and build it all up and up and up. Eventually something will break. :/

Raging in sympathy right now. :( That is seriously messed up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16713 on: October 11, 2012, 11:45:55 pm »

Yeah. It's all my fault though, if you ask them. Nevermind that I fulfilled my social obligations on every count. Nevermind that my rent was paid on time, I worked a good job and did better than pretty much anyone else that's ever worked there. Nevermind that the only reason I was pulled over and arrested was because my brother had warrants for shoplifting. Nevermind the fact that I only had the pills because I helped a friend move. No, it's all my fault.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16714 on: October 11, 2012, 11:47:41 pm »

Shits fucked man.

Assuming you /dont/ go to jail, how much longer does this bullshit last?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16715 on: October 11, 2012, 11:49:54 pm »

Nine more months. At the very least.
He's fucking with us.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #16716 on: October 11, 2012, 11:53:44 pm »

Yeah. It's all my fault though, if you ask them. Nevermind that I fulfilled my social obligations on every count. Nevermind that my rent was paid on time, I worked a good job and did better than pretty much anyone else that's ever worked there. Nevermind that the only reason I was pulled over and arrested was because my brother had warrants for shoplifting. Nevermind the fact that I only had the pills because I helped a friend move. No, it's all my fault.

I know man, It hurts :/

This kind of bullshit is precisely why I am so god damn angry all the time. And what do these stipulations even cause? A futile war against a sizeable portion of the american populace with no benefits whatsoever.

I feel it man, believe me.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16717 on: October 11, 2012, 11:54:17 pm »

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16718 on: October 11, 2012, 11:55:25 pm »

This kind of bullshit is precisely why I am so god damn angry all the time.
Now see, I thought that was because you were a homicidal maniac.

Sorry Hans. Hope they leave you alone.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #16719 on: October 11, 2012, 11:59:17 pm »

The homicide is an effect, not a cause.

Hans? Just take it one day at a time. And I'll be here when you need me.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16720 on: October 12, 2012, 12:01:29 am »

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Nah. It's more like, 'Sigh.'

I know man, It hurts :/

This kind of bullshit is precisely why I am so god damn angry all the time. And what do these stipulations even cause? A futile war against a sizeable portion of the american populace with no benefits whatsoever.

I feel it man, believe me.

Indeed. I just want to be left alone.

They won't. Not for a long time. I'm patient. Very patient.

The homicide is an effect, not a cause.

Hans? Just take it one day at a time. And I'll be here when you need me.

So many ninjas.
And yeah. It's what I been doin'. That's why I PM'd you earlier. I wanted someone to talk to. Also, my LF helps with it a lot. She's pretty good at making me look on the bright side of things.
He's fucking with us.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #16721 on: October 12, 2012, 02:26:03 am »

Not only am I having heating problems(which are getting 'better' because of the cold weather), I am now having charger and battery troubles.
Sometimes the charger I'm using will stop charging, even though it's plugged in and I don't get any warning of it. My usually method of telling my laptop isn't charger is the screen becoming darker. It's died so many times because of it.
And my battery troubles is mainly my battery going from having around 1 hour of life off the charger to having... 10 minutes. The annoying part of this is I don't have my own charger. I've only got my friend's mom's charger, my friend's sister's charger, my other friend's charger(who's not here all the time), and my sister's charger(which she doesn't let me use, even though her laptop doesn't work.).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16722 on: October 12, 2012, 11:46:22 am »

Felt like it's been a crummy week overall. No particular reason(except below), just crummy. Might be the crummy weather.
Apparently I was not supposed to work Monday(Columbus Day), but didn't find out until that afternoon looking at my time sheet. At least I get next Monday off now because of it.

Trying to do something in LibreOffice Writer. In addition to not being able to apply page settings to just one goddamned page(still changing pages 1 and 3, but not touching page 2), it turns out that headers and footers are also applied to page settings, changing page 1 and 3 akwardly. So now I have to not only figure out how to create a new page style(I know how, I think), but do it for every single page, and figure out how to apply each to every single page.

Also reading the book Animal Factory, which is about the mass-production of meat and dairy in the past 20 years or so. While I'm still of the opinion it's a biased piece of crap, if even half of it's true(and ironically, I'm about halfway through it), I find it to be justifiable cause to start an armed rebellion, based pretty much on what the original US Declaration of Independence says. Or Constitution, I forget which exactly. One of them says go ahead and revolution if shit like that happens.

While riding to the library, the weather starts going bad. 10 minutes before leaving it was sunny. While leaving, it's cloudy. 10 minutes later, the temperature feels like it's dropped 10°. 10 minutes later, it's starting to rain. This rage has been brought to you by the number 10. Screw you, number 10.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16723 on: October 12, 2012, 12:26:25 pm »

Continuing on with my task of hooking a computer's printer port up to some external electronics, I had a nasty surprise yesterday.  My dad spent the better part of two hours wiring up five relays to the output pins of the parallel port cable.  Guess how many worked?  Ever.  Last.  Relay.  Was.  Broken.

Two were stuck open.  Two had voltages too low (10v and 36v on a 120v source) and one had a voltage too high (196v!).  I still don't know how that last one happened.

Well, that means most of the effort of wiring that stuff up and writing this control sotware was wasted.  For this week at least.  Maybe we'll get some more relays and have a chance to try again next week.  At least the software will still work for the audio, except I have to figure out why the timing is off by around a factor of 7.  Got a few hours to debug that.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16724 on: October 12, 2012, 01:45:33 pm »

Trying to do something in LibreOffice Writer. In addition to not being able to apply page settings to just one goddamned page(still changing pages 1 and 3, but not touching page 2), it turns out that headers and footers are also applied to page settings, changing page 1 and 3 akwardly. So now I have to not only figure out how to create a new page style(I know how, I think), but do it for every single page, and figure out how to apply each to every single page
I'm still not quite understanding why you would want to apply a "page setting" to one page - wouldn't you just customize that page to be what you wanted instead? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Edit: Just tested, and I'm having no difficulty applying styles to individual pages. What exactly are you doing?

A way to do this:
Format -> Styles and Formatting -> Page icon -> right-click list -> new
create style
Insert  manual break -> select created style -> Vittry! You are done! Your new page has the style you created!

If you edit that style, it will be reflected on the page. (I'm pretty sure you can change a pages style, too, but I've not had much cause to use that, and if you can't figure it out you can always copy/paste into a new page with the right style)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:53:00 pm by GlyphGryph »
Pages: 1 ... 1113 1114 [1115] 1116 1117 ... 3345