Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697967 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #16620 on: October 10, 2012, 09:50:54 pm »

That, uh. That's worrisome. That's been basically my default state since as far back as I can remember.

Vis... visual snow looks like an acid trip? I'm suddenly, uh. Something. Somewhat surprised, maybe? I guess acid is more intense or something.

Hehe, owned. And yeah, it can be pretty intense. You get a deep feeling of foreboding right before it comes on. Then you start giggling like a loon.

Is it useful in any way? Does it grant insights, as I have seen Internet-stoners assert?

Yes and no. Its complicated. You think you're having deep insights, but most often its random bullshit that seems suddenly significant. I've had real deep insights, but I immediately forgot them and had to have my sober friends tell me what I said so I could remember it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16621 on: October 10, 2012, 09:54:32 pm »

Ah. So it's like acid without the psychological effects. Kinda' neat, I guess.

And yeah, looks like I gots a one-up on acid. One of the reasons drugs have never really interested me, heh. Why would I need help hallucinating? I've been doing it since I was like three. Twenty-four hours a day. Without any drawbacks! Except occasional distraction :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16622 on: October 10, 2012, 09:55:45 pm »

I don't think so. I think you can just take enough to go fucking crazy though.

Odd. I distinctly remember something about some CIA tests were they were extremely disappointed they could not actually get the subject more high. Who knows, though, it's been forever since I looked at that stuff.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16623 on: October 10, 2012, 09:59:19 pm »

Ah. So it's like acid without the psychological effects. Kinda' neat, I guess.

And yeah, looks like I gots a one-up on acid. One of the reasons drugs have never really interested me, heh. Why would I need help hallucinating? I've been doing it since I was like three. Twenty-four hours a day. Without any drawbacks! Except occasional distraction :P

Shroom hallucinations are... Fucking awesome. Acid is more of a mental thing.

I don't think so. I think you can just take enough to go fucking crazy though.

Odd. I distinctly remember something about some CIA tests were they were extremely disappointed they could not actually get the subject more high. Who knows, though, it's been forever since I looked at that stuff.

The MKULTRA experiments? I think they gave one subject 70-80 hits, and yeah, he didn't get any higher, but he stayed at peak high for like two days. That shit makes you fucking crazy. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16624 on: October 10, 2012, 10:02:41 pm »

Ooh. So it's more of the effect you get when you... hrm. Well, you can sorta' rock your perception of the world back and forth a bit? That's like... the best way I can think to describe it. Make your perception start to spin, or act like a pendulum. Some kind of bastardized meditation technique.

Anyway, once you get it going the world spins with you and stuff moves oddly until you snap out of it. Can't keep it going very long but it's interesting while it is. In any case, you basically make your perception of the world flex and tremble without actually going so far as to perceive things not there.

Got nothing against altered perception states, just don't like inducing them via outside substance, heh.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:04:28 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #16625 on: October 10, 2012, 10:06:27 pm »

..The only time I've ever hallucinated was....oh, last monthish when I was desprately afraid of my dreams, and stayed up for 72 hours at a stretch. That was....fun utterly fucking terrifying

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16626 on: October 10, 2012, 10:07:27 pm »

Technically, all dreams are hallucinations.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16627 on: October 10, 2012, 10:07:36 pm »

programming as a thing always made me kind of go "Wat."
Wat, you say?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16628 on: October 10, 2012, 10:08:17 pm »

Ooh. So it's more of the effect you get when you... hrm. Well, you can sorta' rock your perception of the world back and forth a bit? That's like... the best way I can think to describe it. Make your perception start to spin, or act like a pendulum. Some kind of bastardized meditation technique.

Anyway, once you get it going the world spins with you and stuff moves oddly until you snap out of it. Can't keep it going very long but it's interesting while it is. In any case, you basically make your perception of the world flex and tremble without actually going so far as to perceive things not there.

Got nothing against altered perception states, just don't like inducing them via outside substance, heh.

Yeah, bastardized meditation would be a pretty good description. You still get some kinda visuals and stuff off it, like rippling surfaces and such. And there's a big part of it that's emotional; you get all happy, everything is funny, everyone is awesome, etc...
And I know what you're talking about. I can do that kinda thing, that's why I wanted to do drugs. :P

..The only time I've ever hallucinated was....oh, last monthish when I was desprately afraid of my dreams, and stayed up for 72 hours at a stretch. That was....fun utterly fucking terrifying

Hallucinating. It's my favorite.
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16629 on: October 10, 2012, 10:09:31 pm »

Yeah, the visual snow thing was actually pretty terrifying for a long damn time. I couldn't sleep in the dark until my mid-teens, because there were giant multicolored amoebas floating in the room, presumably waiting to eat me. Lights back on please! With light, it's more of a multicolored buzz if you're not paying specific attention to it.
Ask not!
Ask!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16630 on: October 10, 2012, 10:10:19 pm »

Yeah, the visual snow thing was actually pretty terrifying for a long damn time. I couldn't sleep in the dark until my mid-teens, because there were giant multicolored amoebas floating in the room, presumably waiting to eat me. Lights back on please! With light, it's more of a multicolored buzz if you're not paying specific attention to it.

So i'm not the only one. You got any idea what causes that?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16631 on: October 10, 2012, 10:10:45 pm »

What? You were afraid of those? I always thought they looked cooler than shit! And if I look at lights without my glasses on, the light looks just like a giant colored amoeba. :D

So i'm not the only one. You got any idea what causes that?

... Good question...
He's fucking with us.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #16632 on: October 10, 2012, 10:11:37 pm »

So many wolves...

That said, I can't say i've ever tripped. I am not a person who has any business tripping.

Probably some diffrence of brain chemistry or something. Don't worry about it.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16633 on: October 10, 2012, 10:13:07 pm »

I had to deal with stuff like that. Only it wasn't amoebas, it was bubbles and geometric shapes and it was awesome.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16634 on: October 10, 2012, 10:14:08 pm »

* kaijyuu has nothing like that and feels left out.

I can sorta make weird dot patterns flash in front of my eyes if I close them in a dark room. Hardly distinguishable though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 ... 3345