Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1062 1063 [1064] 1065 1066 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691674 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porkalypse Edition
« Reply #15945 on: October 04, 2012, 02:17:37 am »

I'll stick to my car. I don't have to wedge my way through any crowds that way, unless someone wants me to facepunch them with a 3,000 pound block of metal and fiberglass moving at 70+mph.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15946 on: October 04, 2012, 03:33:11 am »

I AM GOD DAMN FUCKING SICK OF THE GHOSTS IN THIS GAME. FUCK. playing 7 dwarf survival isn't fun anymore when your dwarfs cna get picked off at random from fucking migrants you never wanted in the first fucking god damn place. There needs to be an option to toggle them or some shit, or a way to force them off with DFhack I'm sick of this shit.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15947 on: October 04, 2012, 03:40:21 am »

I AM GOD DAMN FUCKING SICK OF THE GHOSTS IN THIS GAME. FUCK. playing 7 dwarf survival isn't fun anymore when your dwarfs cna get picked off at random from fucking migrants you never wanted in the first fucking god damn place. There needs to be an option to toggle them or some shit, or a way to force them off with DFhack I'm sick of this shit.

You don't like fun?

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15948 on: October 04, 2012, 03:53:11 am »

You don't like fun?
This is not the DF fun that is !!FUN!! FUN is when you don't know how to hook up the water works and flood the fort, or a dwarf breaks that green glass window holding back a magma reserve, or that forgotton beast climbs in through a way you never expected. FUN hinges on how well you design your fort because you can expect that and find ways to work around it often invent new structures and ideas and presenting them to the community.

FUN is not spending 40 minutes to slab 90+ ghosts only to have your crafter battered and is now missing both a leg and arm effectively bring slabbing to a slow grind. A good feature will keep me up all night playing( which df has alot of, and has probably been why ghosts rarely do make me flip the fuck out ) a bad feature is one that makes me want to put the game away because it's not FUN micromanaging all the fucking ghosts i didn't want to deal with in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:59:52 am by darklord92 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15949 on: October 04, 2012, 04:23:34 am »

Ghosts are kind of lame, admittedly. :-\

You should at least be able to craft special weapons capable of killing 'em. I remember I used to just set them as dead via Runesmith.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15950 on: October 04, 2012, 04:28:53 am »

or at least, if we can't turn them off, a little more warning. we get the occasional message " has risen and is haunting the fortress" but my ghosts have been murderous or violent and do NOT show that message maiming my only 7 now 6 dwarfs/sergals without warning. The attack or outright killing my only notification of a ghost rising in my fort! I can't play like this and i might as well start the file over meticulously slabing every migrant to enter :/

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15951 on: October 04, 2012, 06:15:10 am »

For fuck's sake, now one of the stupid children I am forced to put up for is crying its goddamned lungs out. -_-
There are no laws against overly loud children why, exactly?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15952 on: October 04, 2012, 06:21:32 am »

Something something own damn fault should have taken precautions something. Oh, not yours? Own problem being born into family that couldn't. Society wants you to suffer fully experience the rigors of parenthood. Even if you're not the parent. And completely unrelated and uninterested. So. Have fun! Ahahaha!

Seriously though I don't think they actually get loud enough to break noise laws, in most situations. Gotta' love the little sadistic hedonists. Or else.

But nah, kids don't bother me, even the noisy ones. They're like bipedal cats. I appreciate that. E: Because if I didn't, they'd drive me straight barking insane. Jedi mind trick, yo'.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:24:32 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15953 on: October 04, 2012, 06:47:08 am »

Some foul thirty year old woman had the temerity to ask me for 'some spare change', while she stood in front of me chroming. Then she 'accidentally' slammed the train door on a new migrant, and said "Oh sorry hun, I don't think you're a dog or nuffink." Like she was trying to make a veiled insult.

Scumbags around Stabbies make me rage. I miss Homeless Hip Hop Guy.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15954 on: October 04, 2012, 06:56:15 am »

I know some people will vigorously disagree with me, but... being around children, even when they're annoying, is an incredibly valuable experience.  I know you're mainly just venting here, but this is a bit of venting for me as well that can hopefully be learned from.  As someone who has never in his life lived in a household without small children, I can pick out people who have had very little exposure to children very quickly.  They are not good at sharing space, and that means many things that go beyond tolerance for children.  They have no ability to filter out distractions, generally despise being aware of the presence of other people that they did not willingly place themselves in the company of, and are less willing to empathize with other people's varying levels of social skill and emotional development.

And here is why it's a vent-worthy issue for me:  To someone who is capable of handling disruptions in their environment, such as a crying child, without freaking out, the person that cannot is infinitely more stressful to be around.  Parents don't get uppity about these kinds of complaints because they think you should love kids unconditionally.  It's because they think that you have an underdeveloped emotional fortitude that is the real disharmony in the situation.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:58:00 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15955 on: October 04, 2012, 06:57:19 am »

Scumbags are the one thing that gives me pause about moving to the city. There's just such a concentration of them.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15956 on: October 04, 2012, 07:03:21 am »

Scumbags are the one thing that gives me pause about moving to the city. There's just such a concentration of them.

Every city should have one of these electronic population signs,
only that it should include how many jerks, scumbags, etc. who exist there.
Then again, as unreliably as technology currently is,
it will probably break down due to the sheer number of such people in every city.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15957 on: October 04, 2012, 07:08:01 am »

Stabbies is St Albans, part of the western suburbs of Melbourne. Melbourne itself is lovely, and has a pretty low crime rate... but the western suburbs are the Louisiana, the Missouri, the disenfranchised many.

A guy was pulled over in St Albans Park for CARRYING A HAND GRENADE IN HIS CAR.

There's a reason why we call St Albans Stabbies.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15958 on: October 04, 2012, 07:09:33 am »

Indeed.

Rage today: I am currently sitting on a bench in Wal-Mart, waiting for the driver I'm supposed to be working with today to get here. I was told to be here around 8. They've said "call back in an hour if he doesn't arrive"

I hate Wal-Mart. I hate Wal-Mart. I hate Wal-Mart. I hate Wal-Mart. I hate Wal-Mart.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15959 on: October 04, 2012, 07:25:28 am »

Indeed.

Rage today: I am currently sitting on a bench in Wal-Mart, waiting for the driver I'm supposed to be working with today to get here. I was told to be here around 8. They've said "call back in an hour if he doesn't arrive"

I hate Wal-Mart. I hate Wal-Mart. I hate Wal-Mart. I hate Wal-Mart. I hate Wal-Mart.

Least you have a job.
Pages: 1 ... 1062 1063 [1064] 1065 1066 ... 3345