Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700045 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porkalypse Edition
« Reply #15900 on: October 03, 2012, 01:10:49 pm »

No you don't.
I'd have a bodyguard, of course. MaximumZero would suffice.

I'm pretty sure I could get to him, too. If there's one thing crazy people like him fear, it's the gay.
Come onto him, as well.
"Hey there, handsome. I hear you're a racist asshole. I like that."
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #15901 on: October 03, 2012, 01:11:11 pm »

Presumably you would then never go to sleep in the dorm again, lest you wake up to find yourself handcuffed to the bed whilst he beats the shit out of you with a lamp.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15902 on: October 03, 2012, 01:11:32 pm »

So the plan is to hold out until then.

Anyways, I have more of a mild irritation than a rage, but still: People need to know bus etiquette.  Mostly this one:
"Your bag belongs on your lap, not taking up the seat next to you. If you’re standing, make room by moving to the back of the bus or to the center of the train."

There is no need to be crowded in the center of the bus when there is open space near the back, people.

You seem to have copy pasted several of my posts from the last weeks. ;)

Also, those jerks are the same sort of jerks that will call the police on you for not getting out of their way fast when THEY need to go somewhere, so watch out!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15903 on: October 03, 2012, 01:11:44 pm »

So the plan is to hold out until then.

Anyways, I have more of a mild irritation than a rage, but still: People need to know bus etiquette.  Mostly this one:
"Your bag belongs on your lap, not taking up the seat next to you. If you’re standing, make room by moving to the back of the bus or to the center of the train."

There is no need to be crowded in the center of the bus when there is open space near the back, people.
Eh. People don't like the back of the bus. That's territory you have to move en masse into.

My take on bus etiquette:
  • Concede seats to those less able to stand, no brainer.
  • If at the front of doors, observe nearest commuters.

If they:
1) Stand by to allow me to go first, let them pass first.
2) If they seek to overtake you, hell naw.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15904 on: October 03, 2012, 01:14:38 pm »

I don't know what you mean with your "if-theys".

Even worse than the back of the bus people, I've seen people block the aisle so passengers could not get on WHILE THERE WERE OPEN SEATS RIGHT BEHIND THEM. Rageworthy indeed.

Also, the people who refuse to get out of the lift-seats when someone with a stroller gets on the bus.

I've actually just taken to point and telling people what to do. It works more often than not.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15905 on: October 03, 2012, 01:16:10 pm »

What buses are these?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15906 on: October 03, 2012, 01:18:23 pm »

Normal buses?

On what buses is there "overtaking and standing to let people go first"?

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15907 on: October 03, 2012, 01:19:08 pm »

I don't know what you mean with your "if-theys".

Even worse than the back of the bus people, I've seen people block the aisle so passengers could not get on WHILE THERE WERE OPEN SEATS RIGHT BEHIND THEM. Rageworthy indeed.

Also, the people who refuse to get out of the lift-seats when someone with a stroller gets on the bus.

I've actually just taken to point and telling people what to do. It works more often than not.

If someone doesn't give up their seat to the elderly or people with strollers/disabled people, then they deserve to get yelled at.  That's who those seats are for.

Also, LW, I don't understand the question.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #15908 on: October 03, 2012, 01:20:47 pm »

Presumably if someone stands back to allow LW on to the bus in front of him, he gestures for them to go first. If someone seeks to push in front of him onto the bus, they gettin' blocked.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15909 on: October 03, 2012, 01:23:44 pm »

I've only seen one jerk on the bus so far: he gave his backpack the only free seat when there was an old lady standing right next to him.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #15910 on: October 03, 2012, 02:40:10 pm »

People need to know bus etiquette.  Mostly this one:
"Your bag belongs on your lap, not taking up the seat next to you.
Oops!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15911 on: October 03, 2012, 02:46:45 pm »

Presumably if someone stands back to allow LW on to the bus in front of him, he gestures for them to go first. If someone seeks to push in front of him onto the bus, they gettin' blocked.
BINGO!

On what buses is there "overtaking and standing to let people go first"?
Well there's generally an entirely different sort of social etiquette within London buses - generally for each form of transport. I quit the london underground (which is essentially a no-rules fight club between all of London, but worth the rewards - with sufficient motivation), the river buses are pretty awesome but are only more of a leisurely transport (except in niche circumstances), don't know about the overground (LOOOOOOONG journies on those) or the trams, the single level buses are filled with people too busy to breathe, the night buses (a personal favourite of mine - though seldom traveled) are often bathed in a blue twilight as the owners of the night sit sparsed apart from each other, each emanating mystery... The double buses have the most polite passengers (mainly because they're probably THE best accommodated in terms of comfort, behind maybe the more lengthy trains / black cabs) probably you can find on the lower deck. The top deck back seats are a gamble - you may find it packed with commuters or get mugged. Be careful.
As for hydrogen buses, don't get me started on those.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ALL ABOARD THE MAGIC BUS, THIS SHIT RUNS ON SCIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAANCE

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15912 on: October 03, 2012, 03:00:29 pm »

BINGO!

Your bus world is alien to me. I'm still having trouble visualizing this situation, especially since you seem to be portraying yourself as something /other/ than an ass who slows down efficient loading and unloading. Which means I must be missing something, probably something important. I don't think I've seen anyone stand aside /or/ push in front of someone getting on the bus. I don't understand the point of either, either, so I guess I can understand why?

Sometimes you'll have someone slip through the lineish and board first to get a seat in back without pushing past everyone in the aisle, but I've never seen them push, they really just sort of walk towards the bus instead of waiting for people to load, and then you'll have the people who will insist you get on first because they DON'T want to have to push past you and they are getting off two stops down...

I don't know, I don't feel like those are the situations you are describing.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15913 on: October 03, 2012, 03:03:25 pm »

He's from Britain. They do all sorts of wacky things there ;)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15914 on: October 03, 2012, 03:49:30 pm »

So that subjects issue that is preventing me from taking up my second year (or whatever I can choose from it) still hasn't been resolved, it's been a week now and the final date is the day after tommorrow.

So now I have to go find whoever is responsible for fixing this and urge them to fix the fucking issue or I risk loosing a year. And this has to be done early in the morning because apparently nobody at the uni works in the afternoons. I am not a pleasant morning person.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 3345