Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700577 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porkalypse Edition
« Reply #15780 on: October 01, 2012, 06:10:25 pm »

Especially if you go into a little family-owned Thai restaurant and ask them to make it as spicy as they would if they were making it for themselves. :3

Because in all seriousness, most restaurants in the 'states tend to tone down the spiciness because of idiots who say "Oooh, make it hot!" and then whine about it being too hot. If you want mild, ask for hot. If you want medium-hot, ask what I mentioned.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15781 on: October 01, 2012, 06:30:57 pm »

Oh god, a friend's girlfriend once worked at a Thai Restaurant and "treated" me to a sample of the owner's cooking as a "surprise". Nearly burnt my mouth off :/

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15782 on: October 01, 2012, 07:08:53 pm »

I once ordered some japanese food from a restaurant and added "I'd like it geki-kara" please."

I love spice, but never again...

One translation of 激辛 / gekikara is "insanely hot". Another is just "spicy".

I do love a good hot laksa though.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15783 on: October 01, 2012, 07:37:03 pm »

Especially if you go into a little family-owned Thai restaurant and ask them to make it as spicy as they would if they were making it for themselves. :3

Because in all seriousness, most restaurants in the 'states tend to tone down the spiciness because of idiots who say "Oooh, make it hot!" and then whine about it being too hot. If you want mild, ask for hot. If you want medium-hot, ask what I mentioned.
dude all i eat is spicy foods, thanks mom that grows thai peppers in the backyard.

Urist McPenguinhead

• Bay Watcher
  • dungeon master with questionable motives
    • View Profile
« Reply #15784 on: October 01, 2012, 07:40:06 pm »

assignments during school holidays suck. D:

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15785 on: October 01, 2012, 10:03:41 pm »

For context, Homecoming is this week for my high school.

Every year, each grade makes a float for a parade thingy.

I tried to work on the float with two sentient humans and a mindless hoard of brain-dead offal. To clear my mind of their insipid monkeying, I must vent to all of you.

You know why I need to vent so badly?

Because a crowd of ignominious wastrels have cruelly laid siege to my mind's bastion of engineering order. The ideas and plans whirling majestically through the surreal fantasyscape of my think-pan have been PUT TO THE SWORD by these FOOLISH FOOLS. LEGIONS OF DODDERING CRETINS set out this day with but one purpose: to DISPLAY in all of it's CREPUSCULAR MENACE the true extent of HUMAN INCOMPETENCE. THE WOODEN BEAMS CAREFULLY LAID BY THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE THEM HAVE BEEN SAVAGED BY THEIR IGNORANCE OF SIMPLE MECHANICS. THEIR BLASPHEMOUS, EXCREMENT-LIKE CREATIONS HAVE CAUSED THE DREADED BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH IN MY HUMBLE MIND. AND WHEN THEIR RAPE AND PILLAGE CEASES, I SHALL LANGUISH IN THE BILIOUS KNOWLEDGE THAT, WITH SIMPLE FORESIGHT, THE TOIL OF HAMMERS AND POWER TOOLS COULD BE LAID LOW IN THE MINUTES LONG PAST BY. THE KNOWLEDGE THAT, HAD THOSE LOBOTOMIZED MILK DRINKERS HALTED THEIR ASININE LABORS THIS DAY, ACTUAL PLANS COULD HAVE BEEN LAID; THAT THE TRIUMVIRATE OF INTELLECTS MIGHT HAVE PREVAILED AGAINST THE TIDES OF IDIOCY TO BRING A CREATION OF BEAUTY TO THIS DRAB HOMECOMING FLOAT. AND WITH THAT CURSE, THAT DREADFUL, DREADFUL MEMORY OF THE SOUND OF HAMMERS AND NAILS, I MUST REST MY WEARY MIND, WHICH CRIES OUT; "MORONS! DISSEMBLE NO MORE! I SPEAK THE TRUTH! -- TEAR UP THE PLANKS! -- HERE, HERE! --THIS IS THE HOLE THAT YOUR BRAINS CRAWLED INTO AND DIED!"

Fwoo. That was strangely cathartic. As it turns out, trying to write like an archaic Andrew Hussie is really distracting from irritations.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15786 on: October 01, 2012, 10:05:43 pm »

Araph, that was awesome. Vent more.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15787 on: October 01, 2012, 10:06:45 pm »

That was one of the best rants I have ever read. Bravo.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15788 on: October 01, 2012, 10:08:07 pm »

Why... why does the crepuscular menace? What's so bad about twilight? It's a nice time of day ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15789 on: October 01, 2012, 10:08:31 pm »

Why... why does the crepuscular menace? What's so bad about twilight? It's a nice time of day ;_;

It's a shitty series.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15790 on: October 01, 2012, 10:09:05 pm »

I prefer to think of the awesome pony.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15791 on: October 01, 2012, 10:11:54 pm »

The same.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15792 on: October 01, 2012, 10:12:41 pm »

I prefer to think of the awesome pony.

Poni poni.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15793 on: October 01, 2012, 10:13:22 pm »

I just like it when it's still bright but the daystar isn't trying to immolate things directly anymore. Plus orange is a nice color. And purple. Much better than blue.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15794 on: October 01, 2012, 10:14:08 pm »

I just like it when it's still bright but the daystar isn't trying to immolate things directly anymore.
That's why light cloud cover is Best Weather.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 3345