Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702126 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porkalypse Edition
« Reply #15645 on: September 29, 2012, 01:19:38 pm »

So, my mother tells me to have my stuff ready to go to the laundromat by 1PM. Then at 1PM she tells me "Whoops, I forgot I had stuff to do, let's go tomorrow". I had stuff I needed to do tomorrow.

And then, on the way here, some random fucktards yelling insults at me from their cheap-ass minivan. That wasn't so bad, it's when they decided come back for a second pass. They had better hope I don't find that minivan parked somewhere.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15646 on: September 29, 2012, 01:21:32 pm »

I used to get that a lot, back when I used to leave my house more often. You flipped them the bird, right?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15647 on: September 29, 2012, 01:27:46 pm »

See, I'd be advocating taking a baseball bat to their side mirrors and windshield if I was going to suggest anything at all.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15648 on: September 29, 2012, 01:28:59 pm »

Well, that'd be an overtly violent act. If said dumbasses turned up as you were doing it... :-\

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15649 on: September 29, 2012, 01:29:30 pm »

And then, on the way here, some random fucktards yelling insults at me from their cheap-ass minivan. That wasn't so bad, it's when they decided come back for a second pass. They had better hope I don't find that minivan parked somewhere.
I get that when i go to school sometimes. But not an anonymous minivan, two douchebags out to bully me.
I feel like i should push them off their bike. They indirectly caused me falling, and they are just total douchebags that really deserve it.
But instead i'm going to be myself and just talk to it with the teachers at school, wich probably wont solve shit. *sigh*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15650 on: September 29, 2012, 01:31:16 pm »

Well, that'd be an overtly violent act. If said dumbasses turned up as you were doing it... :-\
Considering I'd be holding a baseball bat when that happens...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15651 on: September 29, 2012, 01:38:43 pm »

I get that when i go to school sometimes. But not an anonymous minivan, two douchebags out to bully me.
I feel like i should push them off their bike. They indirectly caused me falling, and they are just total douchebags that really deserve it.
But instead i'm going to be myself and just talk to it with the teachers at school, wich probably wont solve shit. *sigh*
Speaking from personal experience, neither keeping it all inside nor talking to teachers will work. If you're going to try to solve it through the school bureaucracy, figure out who is in charge of discipline, etc. (usually a vice-principal) and repeatedly talk to them about how these two people are adversely affecting your ability to learn. If anything will get action, that will. Barring that, get recorded evidence and present it.

If you get sick of it, solving it... off of school grounds can work. You don't even have to win a fight as long as you act like an absolutely crazy motherfucker during it; there's always going to be someone easier to go after than someone who fights back at all, much less someone who is insane about it. But whatever you do, don't get into fights or get caught pulling other stuff on school grounds. But yeah, sitting around and wishing things were different will never help. I (heh) wish I'd figured that out a long time ago.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15652 on: September 29, 2012, 01:41:22 pm »

I could probably push them off their bike. They'll leave me alone after that.
Hell, if i time it right i could be gone to a point where the chance that they'll chase me is much lower.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15653 on: September 29, 2012, 04:13:22 pm »

Fortunately I was never harassed at school. There were bullies, and I was occasionally picked on, but I was anonymous enough that no one ever seemed to bother seeking me out.

So I have no advice as to how to deal with them, as I never really did (beyond trying to roundhouse kick one douchebag in gym class. I got cheered for by the other students because he was an asshole to everyone but his tiny clique).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #15654 on: September 29, 2012, 04:53:23 pm »

I was picked on in school until the time I nearly bit a person's throat out. Then people tended to leave me alone.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15655 on: September 29, 2012, 04:55:14 pm »

I fliped the fuck out and people still did not leave me alone. so that does not always work if the people are particularly cruel.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15656 on: September 29, 2012, 04:56:39 pm »

I fliped the fuck out and people still did not leave me alone. so that does not always work if the people are particularly cruel.

I slammed someone's face into a water fountain. That made them back off.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #15657 on: September 29, 2012, 04:56:40 pm »

Leaping on a dude, growling, and biting his neck until a teacher tears you off him is a bit more than flipping out, it's more going into a psychotic homicidal rage, the memory of which pisses me off so much.

* The Darkling Wolf is now a pacifist.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #15658 on: September 29, 2012, 04:59:49 pm »

Yeah, it's not so much "Flipping the fuck out" as it is " Raw, animalistic, fury".

I would rather not talk about it.  Suffice to say I broke his arm in three places.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15659 on: September 29, 2012, 05:02:20 pm »

I'm glad I don't get bullied, because if I snapped, the target in question would probably die.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 3345