Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702727 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porkalypse Edition
« Reply #15540 on: September 27, 2012, 04:05:17 pm »

What has been repeated the last few pages: Go to your RD. Go to the housing dept. They should be sympathetic in the first place-they're being paid to. If you can't get any response, keep bothering them and threaten to call the police the next time he does something. Get recordings. Specifically mention the disruption of your concentration, the racism, etc. At the very worst, things stay the same and you request a room change at the end of the semester or move off campus.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15541 on: September 27, 2012, 04:06:31 pm »

Also you've got some people you can vent your righteous anger at.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15542 on: September 27, 2012, 04:08:25 pm »

I seriously don't think my concentration and his racism are at all something they'd care about. The housing department is like complaining to the President about a county ordinance.
Also you've got some people you can vent your righteous anger at.
Now that's very unwise. You want me to vent at the people who can have me evicted?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15543 on: September 27, 2012, 04:11:45 pm »

If you've never tried, you can't really know. If you have tried and the people who are being paid to care about your problems don't care about your problems, there are probably larger issues with your university. The one I attend is incredibly helpful with mediating conflicts and getting room assignments changed, even for first-semester freshmen. I recall someone who didn't get along with her roommate in a really petty way getting a transfer through in ten days all the way in late October last year.

3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15544 on: September 27, 2012, 04:24:58 pm »

Evicted for what? Complaining?

I'm not advocating punching anyone in the face, or breaking their cardboard standees. But if you're angry, then you're absolutely justified at going to the proper authority and whining about it. Constantly. Maybe not enough to get a restraining order against you, but certainly enough to annoy them into doing something.

Maybe I'm just doing some fallacious cold reading here, but are you trying to solve the problem without getting help from others? Won't work in this case.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15545 on: September 27, 2012, 04:30:47 pm »

Plan Alpha, as it was, was to simply wait for Worst Person on Earth to cause his own downfall. The downside of Plan Alpha is that I have to endure him until he fucks up and not get taken down with him whenever that happens.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15546 on: September 27, 2012, 04:33:43 pm »

This is one of those situations where being passive and self-reliant won't solve your problem at all unless you can plan and execute the perfect murder without lifting a finger.

Note: I do not advocate murder as a solution to temporary problems. But if you do decide to kill someone, do it in the laziest way possible.

3. Run Resize Enable

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15547 on: September 27, 2012, 04:35:26 pm »

MSH, you mentioned something about not having a place to relax. I would suggest that you find a small, local gym or other such space with a comfortable loft/rest area. First of all, this gives you access to exercise equipment(yay punching bags!) for you to take your anger out on, but it also gives you a quiet space to do work or relax, without being as pressuring as a study room.

Yeah, you can probably guess where I'm posting this from.

Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15548 on: September 27, 2012, 04:37:11 pm »

MSH, you mentioned something about not having a place to relax. I would suggest that you find a small, local gym or other such space with a comfortable loft/rest area. First of all, this gives you access to exercise equipment(yay punching bags!) for you to take your anger out on, but it also gives you a quiet space to do work or relax, without being as pressuring as a study room.

On this note, your university should have a quiet section in the library with no conversation or electronics allowed.

3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15549 on: September 27, 2012, 04:38:23 pm »

On this note, your university should have a quiet section in the library with no conversation or electronics allowed.

I think libraries count as "quiet tension."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15550 on: September 27, 2012, 04:39:37 pm »

Indeed. I want somewhere where I can sit around on my computer and do frivolous things on the internet in silence. But Worst Person in the World is never quiet, except for when he blasts music.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15551 on: September 27, 2012, 04:40:17 pm »

I think libraries count as "quiet tension."

Mm, you may be right. That could just be my bibliophilia talking.

3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15552 on: September 27, 2012, 05:46:03 pm »

GODDAMNIT ARGH WHY COULDN'T I GET TO SLEEP?!

I knew I had stuff to do today, I made a point not to go to bed too late, and then I just could. Not. Sleep.
I don't even know why, I was just tossing and turning and unable to get comfortable. Then, if I finally got somewhat comfortable, my fucking feet would suddenly be cold. And EVERY SINGLE NOISE IN THE HOUSE would disturb me.

I tried putting music on, then I switched to softer music. Usually soft music helps me sleep, but for some reason I COULD NOT stop my idiot brain from focusing on ever note, every beat. D: So then I turned it off again, and just lay there, thinking stupid daydream-ish thoughts about stuff, running through scenarios in my head.
Finally, finally I start to doze off, feeling nice and warm with that heaviness of the eyelids to tell me I'm falling sleep, when I realise I left my phone(and hence alarms) out by the computer on charge. So of course I have to rouse myself, get up and stagger out to grab my phone.

And of course when I get back, once again I cannot get comfortable, my blanket(s) are suddenly too short to cover my feet, the floor is made of lumps and my toe itches. FFFFUUUUUU--

Usually I have no trouble getting to sleep, but when I actually have something planned for the next day and make an effort to ensure I get plenty of rest? LOL NOPE.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15553 on: September 27, 2012, 06:18:15 pm »

Usually I have no trouble getting to sleep, but when I actually have something planned for the next day and make an effort to ensure I get plenty of rest? LOL NOPE.

Sounds like anxiety.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15554 on: September 27, 2012, 06:22:47 pm »

I guess so. Ugh. :-\
This doesn't happen to me when I'm dreading something the next day, though... Then again, on such occasions I generally stay up til 4AM anyway, 'cause fuck it. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 3345