Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701836 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porkalypse Edition
« Reply #15450 on: September 26, 2012, 01:21:09 pm »

Now I'm regretting having to take the semester off.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15451 on: September 26, 2012, 01:45:05 pm »

Were any of the swarmers Hare Krishnas?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15452 on: September 26, 2012, 01:48:10 pm »

Evangelists are swarming over campus again.
Mine too. Ranges from Jews for Jesus to the aformentioned crazy-banner carriers.

They must be using social networking.

There's also a religious fraternity here. Instead of three Greek letters it has two Greek letters and a cross.
We have more different campus ministries than we do fraternities/sororities.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15453 on: September 26, 2012, 01:50:49 pm »

Jews for Jesus? WTF? I require enlightenment please.
This is a blank sig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15454 on: September 26, 2012, 01:55:48 pm »

Might be a christian conversion conspiracy.

I love alliterations.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15455 on: September 26, 2012, 02:05:02 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_for_Jesus

They consider themselves to be Jews who follow Jewish law, but believe in the divinity of Christ. But as Alan Dershowitz remarked, "A Jew for Jesus already has a name: a Christian."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15456 on: September 26, 2012, 02:52:59 pm »

No, some countries insist on calling the ground floor the first floor.

Slightly-old subject, but there's an interesting story that I have to share.

So, every building on campus at my university has multiple floors. Every building starts with the bottom floor as the first floor. The rooms are numbered according to what floor they're on (101 is on the first floor, 232 is second floor, etc).

All buildings except ONE, that is. The Liberal Arts Building (aka Ferguson Building) calls the bottom floor the ground floor (with rooms starting with G instead of numbers), and the next floor up is the first floor (with 1xx numbers, appropriately). And, as a bigger mindfuck, the adjacent Liberal Arts North building, which is connected by a bridge, follows the convention of all the other buildings, with the bottom floor being the first floor. So, you can walk out of the 2nd floor of Ferguson, go across the horizontal bridge, and end up on the 3rd floor of Liberal Arts North.

Fucking Liberal Arts majors, how do they work?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15457 on: September 26, 2012, 02:54:39 pm »

At McDonald's, usually :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15458 on: September 26, 2012, 05:37:49 pm »

At McDonald's, usually :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You could never mock my major as much as I do.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15459 on: September 26, 2012, 05:43:06 pm »

So, every building on campus at my university has multiple floors. Every building starts with the bottom floor as the first floor. The rooms are numbered according to what floor they're on (101 is on the first floor, 232 is second floor, etc).

All buildings except ONE, that is. The Liberal Arts Building (aka Ferguson Building) calls the bottom floor the ground floor (with rooms starting with G instead of numbers), and the next floor up is the first floor (with 1xx numbers, appropriately). And, as a bigger mindfuck, the adjacent Liberal Arts North building, which is connected by a bridge, follows the convention of all the other buildings, with the bottom floor being the first floor. So, you can walk out of the 2nd floor of Ferguson, go across the horizontal bridge, and end up on the 3rd floor of Liberal Arts North.

So the one Liberal Arts building was made by a European of some sort who said fuck you to American conventions?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15460 on: September 26, 2012, 07:10:48 pm »

So the one Liberal Arts building was made by a European of some sort who said fuck you to American conventions?

Apparently, or it was built by a hippy on some major drugz.

Meanwhile the other Liberal Arts building, which is connected to it, has floor numbers by American conventions. Never has an English class made my head hurt so much.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #15461 on: September 26, 2012, 07:46:12 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_for_Jesus

They consider themselves to be Jews who follow Jewish law, but believe in the divinity of Christ. But as Alan Dershowitz remarked, "A Jew for Jesus already has a name: a Christian."

Do they reject that Christ came to set us free from the law? Because if so, that's pretty theologically unsound by most mainstream denominations...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15462 on: September 26, 2012, 09:24:59 pm »

My roommate again. This time he has "deduced", i.e., asserted because he's a moron, that I am a virgin based upon the fact that I stated sex was not the most important thing in the world. He then laughed at me and called me an idiot for using "big words", and told me that he might come back and try to kick me out in the middle of the night if he "gets lucky at this mixer".

Ehehe. Eheheh.

Fine. This motherfucker wants to live with someone who hates him openly? Game on, bitch.

I'm done maintaining a veneer of polite coexistence with this bastard. I hope he has his party life and chokes on it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15463 on: September 26, 2012, 09:26:47 pm »

My roommate again. This time he has "deduced", i.e., asserted because he's a moron, that I am a virgin based upon the fact that I stated sex was not the most important thing in the world. He then laughed at me and called me an idiot for using "big words", and told me that he might come back and try to kick me out in the middle of the night if he "gets lucky at this mixer".

Ehehe. Eheheh.

Fine. This motherfucker wants to live with someone who hates him openly? Game on, bitch.

I'm done maintaining a veneer of polite coexistence with this bastard. I hope he has his party life and chokes on it.
i bet he passes out first.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #15464 on: September 26, 2012, 09:30:21 pm »

I hope the MSH/roommate drama culimates in an epic prank war.
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 3345