Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701035 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15330 on: September 25, 2012, 07:47:45 am »

I am saying someone set fire to the majority of the land for money, without any regard for the material or health damage it would have caused to the majority of the population (like say thick smoke engulfing the biggest city in the area for a couple of weeks in a row).

The weather was badly timed but it was better than nothing, I dread to think where the fires would have stopped if they weren't put out by the rain.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15331 on: September 25, 2012, 07:55:35 am »

Gods. That's awful. :-\
Even if these people didn't start the fires, they sure didn't put foward any of their highway development funds to try and, I don't know, help to extinguish them. Ugh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15332 on: September 25, 2012, 08:06:03 am »

Moments of epic drunkenness:

1. Drank an entire fifth of whiskey in about 30 minutes. Proceeded to try to chase some skirt around a bonfire. Wound up collapsing in the grass and being stored in a tub of warm water to keep my body from shutting down.

2. Drank an airplane bottle of scotch, then a whole 750ml bottle of cream sake, then gorged myself on sushi (and we're not just talking tuna rolls or a little sashimi here, we're talking roe of every imaginable color and texture). Then came back to a friend's house where they proceeded to fill me a yard glass of beer (and surreptitiously adding tequila to the glass when I wasn't looking). Crawled into the bathroom, threw up, opened my eyes and my first thought was "OH DEAR GOD WHAT DID I BREAK INSIDE??!?" Cause it looked like I had eaten a Jackson Pollack. I've never been terribly keen on sushi ever since, which is a shame.

3. Completely wasted off my ass in Hangzhou. Leave the bar early to stagger back to my room, a mere 200m or so. An hour later, as I turn the same street corner for like the 11th time, it occurs to me that something ain't right here. So I get the desperate idea to cross the street and see if maybe it works better that way. 50 feet later..."Oh hey, here'zza gate! Hi gate, wheryabeen?"

I had been circling the same city block on the wrong side of the street for over an hour. In the middle of the night. Granted, I love that China is the kind of place where you can do this and totally not get mugged.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15333 on: September 25, 2012, 08:18:34 am »

Before I was born, my dad came home drunk and somehow managed to get into the attic, the door was latched behind him. From the outside, the attic door doesn't close from the inside.
I think he just drunk science'd.
I like to imagine him setting up some elaborate rube goldberg machine to accomplish the latching of the door.
I did that once, it involved a bamboo pole set up in such a way to wedge itself between the door and base of the counter on the opposite side of the kitchen (It was a small kitchen).

Not one of my smartest moves. That was the only door into the kitchen. there was water boiling on the stove.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15334 on: September 25, 2012, 08:37:01 am »

Not one of my smartest moves. That was the only door into the kitchen. there was water boiling on the stove.

Did you burn the water? That's always fun.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15335 on: September 25, 2012, 08:45:59 am »

I made the bottom of the pot glow red, if that's what you mean?

We found a ladder, climbed up to the outside window of the kitchen facing the street (it was up on the first floor, unless you're american, then it was the second) and threw in a grappling hook to pull the pole out of the way.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15336 on: September 25, 2012, 08:55:40 am »

I'm pretty sure floors are consistent anywhere, I thought height in stories was the one that diferred?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15337 on: September 25, 2012, 09:09:37 am »

No, some countries insist on calling the ground floor the first floor.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15338 on: September 25, 2012, 09:19:43 am »

No, some countries insist on calling the ground floor the first floor.

They do? O.o

I thought that system was used in medieval times?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #15339 on: September 25, 2012, 09:33:55 am »

It makes far more sense, why is the floor which was constructed second referred to as the first.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15340 on: September 25, 2012, 09:35:45 am »

Because the first constructed floor isn't a floor but a ground, duh.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #15341 on: September 25, 2012, 09:36:35 am »

But I construct flooring over the ground.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15342 on: September 25, 2012, 11:14:17 am »

It's because we 'Murrkans still have buildings with bare dirt on the ground floor. Hence why it's the 'ground' floor instead of the 'first' floor.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15343 on: September 25, 2012, 11:17:05 am »

Also because in several non-English languages the ground floor is, apparently, not a floor.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15344 on: September 25, 2012, 11:22:11 am »

Also because in several non-English languages the ground floor is, apparently, not a floor.
What is it then, the non-basement non-floor?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 3345