Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701098 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15210 on: September 21, 2012, 04:32:47 pm »

Pep rallies, such frivolous, idiotic, obnoxious nonsense. Honestly their only purpose is to inflate the jocks egos and reinforce the pointless status quo that segregates the different classes.

Clearly, you're not in the pep band/your school doesn't have one (both are unfortunate circumstances) :P

Pep band?
It's FEF, not FEOF

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15211 on: September 21, 2012, 04:35:30 pm »

One of the only things that actually makes me rage are
1) My friend pulling some ridiculous rule in MTG, like islandwalk meaning there was NO way it could be affected by blue creatures, as opposed to it just meaning blues cant block it.

And

2) The westboro baptist church, and idiotic groups like that.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15212 on: September 21, 2012, 04:36:36 pm »

Pep rallies, such frivolous, idiotic, obnoxious nonsense. Honestly their only purpose is to inflate the jocks egos and reinforce the pointless status quo that segregates the different classes.

Clearly, you're not in the pep band/your school doesn't have one (both are unfortunate circumstances) :P

Pep band?
Like, a large number of drummers marching in formation and playing uptempo music.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15213 on: September 21, 2012, 04:38:26 pm »

Pep band?
Like, a large number of drummers marching in formation and playing uptempo music.

No, not even close.

like this, but with more standing.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15214 on: September 21, 2012, 04:41:36 pm »

Pep band?

No, not even close.

like this, but with more standing.
Right, I was thinking of a drumline. How'd I get those confused?  :-\

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15215 on: September 21, 2012, 04:42:55 pm »

So why is me not being in the band an unfortunate circumstance?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15216 on: September 21, 2012, 04:43:22 pm »

My brother's in one of those. He thinks it's too much pressure. I think you sir have been sitting on your ass doing nothing your entire life and you learned how to read music for and play the piano, bass drum, and mallet instruments in less than 4 months for this what do you mean it's too much pressure?!

So why is me not being in the band an unfortunate circumstance?

It's fun. Also, it turned me from a burned out husk of a jaded, cynical youth with an infatuation that dug too deep into my head into what I am today, which isn't that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:45:41 pm by Putnam »

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15218 on: September 21, 2012, 08:39:36 pm »

False rape accusations are no joke. So yeah, sounds like everything turned out decently well enough.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15219 on: September 21, 2012, 08:42:42 pm »

Except for the permanent black mark on the reputation of the three accused. As far as the public is concerned, those accused of rape aren't innocent until proven guilty or even guilty until proven innocent, they're just guilty.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15220 on: September 21, 2012, 08:44:22 pm »

Very true.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15221 on: September 21, 2012, 08:48:41 pm »

Which is probably why they didn't reveal the names and the police said they'll clean the record of the accusation.

Probably.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15222 on: September 21, 2012, 09:49:47 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204712/Woman-falsely-claimed-raped-men-regretted-having-sex-jailed-years.html?ICO=most_read_module

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Isn't the Daily Mail basically the UK equivalent of FOX and Sun Magazine? That is, stories from them should be taken with a hefty pinch of salt?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15223 on: September 21, 2012, 09:57:43 pm »

I always treated it like the english version of the onion, at least as far as accuracy goes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15224 on: September 21, 2012, 09:58:42 pm »

I always treated it like the english version of the onion, at least as far as accuracy goes.
Yeah, but the Onion is satire.

Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 3345