Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703530 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15135 on: September 17, 2012, 11:03:15 pm »

Blehbleh. I think... four, five... maybe six? Days ago, grandmadre just about set the house on fire trying to boil a dishrag (to clean the thing, or something). No actual fire, but the inside of the house looked like it was pretty foggy for quite a while.

Sad part is I can still smell the goddamn smoke. Nearly a week later. It. Sucks. Just noticed it for, like, the Nth time today. Smell, can still feel lung capacity somewhat diminished... sucks. Just... sucks. Hate smoke inhalation. Hate cigarettes. Hate incense like a m'fugger. Can almost bear scented candles (especially if it smells like food), but even that's pretty annoying. Hate smoke in general if it's not wood fire, and even that in limited quantities (and I still smell it many days and many baths later).

What Zeus is it about smoke that gets... stuck? And how does one un-stick it?

Why are PDFs so horrible.  I really just wish there was some other standard for documentation.  Trying to scroll through them is so annoying.
There's... conversion stuff, somewhere. I think. A decent-ish screen resolution and just using page up/down instead of trying to do that bullshit mouse crap sometimes helps. I've read a few pdf ebooks or whatever, but it's definitely my least favorite format that shows up regularly. Not sure why people like it :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15136 on: September 17, 2012, 11:10:52 pm »

Blehbleh. I think... four, five... maybe six? Days ago, grandmadre just about set the house on fire trying to boil a dishrag (to clean the thing, or something). No actual fire, but the inside of the house looked like it was pretty foggy for quite a while.

Sad part is I can still smell the goddamn smoke. Nearly a week later. It. Sucks. Just noticed it for, like, the Nth time today. Smell, can still feel lung capacity somewhat diminished... sucks. Just... sucks. Hate smoke inhalation. Hate cigarettes. Hate incense like a m'fugger. Can almost bear scented candles (especially if it smells like food), but even that's pretty annoying. Hate smoke in general if it's not wood fire, and even that in limited quantities (and I still smell it many days and many baths later).

I am so glad I am not the only one. See if you can get out an just smell the fresh, clean night air, when we are not around to pollute it, when any sane person should be asleep. It should help.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #15137 on: September 17, 2012, 11:11:19 pm »

There's... conversion stuff, somewhere. I think. A decent-ish screen resolution and just using page up/down instead of trying to do that bullshit mouse crap sometimes helps. I've read a few pdf ebooks or whatever, but it's definitely my least favorite format that shows up regularly. Not sure why people like it :-\
I think its because they're universal or some crap like that. PDF's work on any computer (I think. You'd better kill me fast before I break something).

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15138 on: September 17, 2012, 11:15:48 pm »

What part about scrolling don't you like?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15139 on: September 17, 2012, 11:20:56 pm »

So choppy.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15140 on: September 17, 2012, 11:28:29 pm »

Did you switch it to scroll though the page and not jump though them?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15141 on: September 17, 2012, 11:50:59 pm »

Did you switch it to scroll though the page and not jump though them?

Not sure what you mean, and the moment has passed anyway.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to re-topologize a high poly creature mesh into a low-poly version for game engine use.  QRemesher is a godsend, but it seems to break on more complex models.  Trying to figure out how I would go about box modeling from scratch within Silo, with the sculpt as a 3d guide.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:53:27 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15142 on: September 18, 2012, 03:34:41 am »

My father once forgot that he was boiling a pot of beetroot to preserve it. He had to repaint the kitchen and a lot of the rest of the house to get the smell out.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #15143 on: September 18, 2012, 05:04:43 am »

Slightly unrelated: Once, my mom was cooking a starch-noodle-dish with things like veggies and meat in it. Suddenly kitchen fire, and the pot is spewing flames. Mother calmly places lid on pot and waits. After the fire dies, she opens it up and—voila! Instantly cooked! :D
Wasn't burnt, either.

I suppose this is why some Chinese cooks set their food on fire.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15144 on: September 18, 2012, 05:07:52 am »

Oooh, kitchen fire stories? My brother was making homemade wax candles on the kitchen stove when it caught fire.

Protip: do not pour water on burning wax. We had a char mark up the side of the wall for years. My brother also has a nice scar on his hand.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15145 on: September 18, 2012, 09:07:58 am »

I had boiled some water and was adding the raw pasta.

I handled this poorly, resulting in fire and smoke and panicking.

Well, it was a memorable second date, I suppose.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:35:39 am by GlyphGryph »

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15146 on: September 18, 2012, 09:08:10 am »

Ugh. Fuck Reddit. Fucking useless, anti-Semites, homophobic, disabled-hating, legitametely creepy, smug Internet Atheists. These people need to go fuck themselves and realize that no sane person, other than their idiotic legion of LE UPBOAT FOR HATRED LOLOLO friends will ever get anywhere near them because they can't do anything without spewing creepy bullshit.
Here have another less racial / ethical reason to hate them as well www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LmjiTduSe0
They really have gone to hell haven't they? It's like... 4chan all over again.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15147 on: September 18, 2012, 11:19:40 am »

Racists ruin your day so quickly. Rage was held in check by extreme contempt.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15148 on: September 18, 2012, 11:21:42 am »

I had boiled some water and was adding the raw pasta.

I handled this poorly, resulting in fir and smoke and panicking.

Well, it was a memorable second date, I suppose.
I...wait, what? How the hell did that happen?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15149 on: September 18, 2012, 11:25:05 am »

Yeah, how did a coniferous, waxy-needled tree grow out of your pot? I can see how that leads to panicking, though...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 3345