Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702506 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15045 on: September 15, 2012, 12:13:25 pm »

SoE is going to want the cash infusion, and store presence from retail sales for the first few months at least.

Also, don't trust them. (In general, never trust a promise made by a software company... or any corporation really, but even if it's in writing from a software company.)

They were like Buy Station Cash! you can use it to buy subcriptions and expansions!

So, people bought Station Cash, and were waiting for the next expansion and subscription renewals...

Now, SoE removed the ability to but Subscriptions and Expansions with it, all you can buy is 'fluff' items (some of which give in game power, which is bad for the game...)

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=188111

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=187127

My current subscriptions don't expire until 2014, so I still play tho.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15046 on: September 15, 2012, 12:33:37 pm »

Dad tried to find all kinds of excuses for me not to buy Planetside 2. He succeeded.
Seriously, if i want to buy a fucking game with my own money, why wont he just let me? I dont have my own creditcard, and thats the only way i can buy it.
Buy a prepaid VISA giftcard if they're available where you live (typically in supermarkets and such). You can get them in $50 and $100 where I am, and they can be used in most online transactions as credit cards (though notably not paypal). S'how I've bought most of my recent games.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15047 on: September 15, 2012, 12:39:00 pm »

Alright, i'll check out if i can buy them around here. And paypal is not a problem, as you cant use it for PS2 anyway :P

E: According to the visa site, i am in Francisco. This baffles me, i tought i was in Belgium.

Alright, got on the European site, but i'm not sure if i can buy it anywhere near me. I'll try i guess.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:42:01 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15048 on: September 15, 2012, 12:40:33 pm »

Objection! I've used a pre-paid debit card for Pay-Pal once before. However, I got it directly from my bank and had to register my information on the card.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15049 on: September 15, 2012, 01:04:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

this is most of my family.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15050 on: September 15, 2012, 01:33:14 pm »

Heh. Nice. Like preservatives, "I don't want those in my food!"

Oh, so you want rotten food huh?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15051 on: September 15, 2012, 01:41:14 pm »

Man you how much a pain in the ass to pick out rabbit bones.
Yes. But why are you picking out bones in the first place? Just sort of... work around them.
Also organs don't have any bones in them.
I think because we throw the whole thing in the pot without separating the meat.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #15052 on: September 15, 2012, 02:34:52 pm »

I prefer just eating it fresh. No preservatives required.

/all natural

/hipster

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15053 on: September 15, 2012, 04:27:30 pm »

/all natural

/hipster
That's pretty much the opposite of hipster.
People have been eating food without preservatives since people have been eating food. That's like saying storing all of your files of floppy disks is hipster.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15054 on: September 15, 2012, 04:28:55 pm »

/all natural

/hipster
Hey you know something, theres natural preservatives, MUHAHAHA

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15055 on: September 15, 2012, 04:45:14 pm »

... have we somehow managed to violate the firmament of reality and make unnatural preservatives? I was under the impression that that which exists in nature (which is, y'know, everything that exists :P) was natural.

Strictly those that form without human intervention? Is that what that's supposed to mean?

I sorta' get what it's getting at, but "natural" has always seemed a bit of a nonsense qualifier to me. Preservative is a preservative, whether it's made in a lab or plucked out of the dirt doesn't necessarily make the molecular structure any different...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15056 on: September 15, 2012, 05:38:43 pm »

Just got information from my parents that the city is threatening to take our house away because we haven't torn down the garage yet. We're looking at a time frame of 10 days. They've known about this for quite some time now.

Welp, I know what I'm doing for the rest of the day. Too bad I don't know how to make plastique.
Wait, is that even legal? Just ten days, or face a siezed house? That doesn't seem right. And what's wrong with the garage?
It looks like MZ's parents were holding out on the threat to have the house seized if the garage wasn't torn down and only said anything about it with ten days to go.
How did that turn out, by the way?
It's true.

Nothing's happened yet, by the way.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15057 on: September 15, 2012, 07:46:21 pm »

... have we somehow managed to violate the firmament of reality and make unnatural preservatives? I was under the impression that that which exists in nature (which is, y'know, everything that exists :P) was natural.

Strictly those that form without human intervention? Is that what that's supposed to mean?

I sorta' get what it's getting at, but "natural" has always seemed a bit of a nonsense qualifier to me. Preservative is a preservative, whether it's made in a lab or plucked out of the dirt doesn't necessarily make the molecular structure any different...
We've obviously been siphoning off little bits of Nyarlathotep and Dagon to preserve our junk food.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15058 on: September 15, 2012, 11:30:40 pm »

Ever been so angry that it literally felt like ice was running through your veins?  I spent about 7 hours feeling that way at work today.  I'm still so angry, I don't know what to do with myself.  I've fucking had it with that place.  The entire experience of working there is organized like it's supposed to be a punishment for something.  Any complaint or criticism is met with accusations of laziness, thinly veiled in official-sounding corporate policy jargon and a stripping down of context that completely discards any element of humanity. 

"You're being paid to do a job, so when you're here, we expect you to stay focused on doing your job."

Yeah, that sounds reasonable when taken completely out of context.  This doesn't excuse demanding such machine-like behavior of employees that it damages their ability and willingness to do their job.  Yet it's repeated in every single interaction as if it's the ultimate universal truth.  That statement is abused so much, it's to the point that managers might as well be plugging their ears and yelling "LALALALALALALALA WON'T LISTEN UNTIL YOU STOP SAYING HUMAN BEING STUFF."

I don't know how people live like this.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15059 on: September 15, 2012, 11:33:55 pm »

Ever been so angry that it literally felt like ice was running through your veins?  I spent about 7 hours feeling that way at work today.  I'm still so angry, I don't know what to do with myself.  I've fucking had it with that place.  The entire experience of working there is organized like it's supposed to be a punishment for something.  Any complaint or criticism is met with accusations of laziness, thinly veiled in official-sounding corporate policy jargon and a stripping down of context that completely discards any element of humanity. 

"You're being paid to do a job, so when you're here, we expect you to stay focused on doing your job."

Yeah, that sounds reasonable when taken completely out of context.  This doesn't excuse demanding such machine-like behavior of employees that it damages their ability and willingness to do their job.  Yet it's repeated in every single interaction as if it's the ultimate universal truth.  That statement is abused so much, it's to the point that managers might as well be plugging their ears and yelling "LALALALALALALALA WON'T LISTEN UNTIL YOU STOP SAYING HUMAN BEING STUFF."

I don't know how people live like this.
Dude. Bro. Whoa. I hope things get better, man.

* MaximumZero proffers MANBEARBROHUGS.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 3345