Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701484 times)

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #14955 on: September 14, 2012, 11:33:27 am »

That calls for a celebration, crack open some bourbon and get wasted! :D

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #14956 on: September 14, 2012, 11:35:11 am »

That calls for a celebration, crack open some bourbon and get wasted! :D
Rum. Only rum.

Vodka is acceptable if it is cold outside, you have a fur hat, a Russian friend is in your company, or you have been practicing your Russian accent.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14957 on: September 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am »

No, no, no. It was bad enough when all the drunken assholes had to drive down into Tennessee to buy liquor. Now? FFFFF-

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14958 on: September 14, 2012, 12:23:41 pm »

Oh god I... I think I need help.

I have a change of majors form in front of me and I'm about to check "Religious Studies"
I have a Religious Studies minor.  :-[
Probably the most interesting part of my undergrad curriculum, to be honest. Mostly spent learning Taoism, Ch'an/Zen Buddhism and Chinese Folk Religion, but also some non-specific eschatology, cosmology and mythic theory. Which is awesome. Mircea Eliade was a hoopy frood who knew where his axis mundi is. And learning the Aarne-Thompson system (think of it as the academic version of TvTropes).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14959 on: September 14, 2012, 12:43:10 pm »

Oh god I... I think I need help.

I have a change of majors form in front of me and I'm about to check "Religious Studies"
I have a Religious Studies minor.  :-[
Probably the most interesting part of my undergrad curriculum, to be honest. Mostly spent learning Taoism, Ch'an/Zen Buddhism and Chinese Folk Religion, but also some non-specific eschatology, cosmology and mythic theory. Which is awesome. Mircea Eliade was a hoopy frood who knew where his axis mundi is. And learning the Aarne-Thompson system (think of it as the academic version of TvTropes).

At my college, the classes on Ancient Christian Studies and all those semi-historical religious studies classes were always the first ones filled out. I liked taking all kinds of history in college (took enough to qualify for a history minor I believe) and I was always peeved I could never register fast enough to get into one of those.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14960 on: September 14, 2012, 01:04:57 pm »

My roommate's party girl friend came by again, thankfully with him this time but just as disingenuous as ever. "Hope we'll get over our differences and be friends" she says, oh fucking please, she tried to hit me up for sex after having met me for five minutes. I can't place exactly what it is I hate about her so much, but she makes me angry every time I see her.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14961 on: September 14, 2012, 01:06:54 pm »

Note to self: Never hit on MSH or he'll hate you forever.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #14962 on: September 14, 2012, 01:11:04 pm »

I can think of worse things in the world than getting hit on by an easy chick. Though sleeping with your roommates gf is generally a  really bad idea unless they are into that kind of thing.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14963 on: September 14, 2012, 01:16:12 pm »

My roommate's party girl friend came by again, thankfully with him this time but just as disingenuous as ever. "Hope we'll get over our differences and be friends" she says, oh fucking please, she tried to hit me up for sex after having met me for five minutes. I can't place exactly what it is I hate about her so much, but she makes me angry every time I see her.
Bear in mind that they're also freshmen. Which means they're doing the typical "OMG I CAN DO EVERYTHING I NEVER COULD AT HOME" and racing like lemmings over that booze-filled, drug-clouded sex cliff. Roughly 1/3 of them will flunk out and not be back next year. Darwinian attrition will steadily take care of most of the rest over the next 3 years, or modify their behavior to where they're actually somewhat interested in learning.

I say this as a member of the Lemming Class of 1993. Managed to pull up just short of the cliff.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14964 on: September 14, 2012, 01:19:41 pm »

I think this might be what religious conservatives feel like when they give firebrand sermons on "sexual immorality", but on a personal level. I really am kind of a tyrant upon my own behaviors.

I wish I could quantify exactly what it is that makes me hate her, but I can't. I recognize that it is totally irrational, but that doesn't change how I feel about it. It's almost like some kind of weird hate crush.
I can think of worse things in the world than getting hit on by an easy chick. Though sleeping with your roommates gf is generally a  really bad idea unless they are into that kind of thing.
She's not his gf. He doesn't want a gf. He wants to sleep with a different woman every night as often as possible. He says that romantic relationships are trouble and limit the amount of sex you can get.

All the same? I suspect she really doesn't like him that much, since she convinced him to give up his room key to come by with one of her friends and try to hit me up on the aforementioned incident. I think she hangs around him to get increased access to me since I want little to do with her myself. I don't think he knows about it and I'm glad he doesn't, since I know his head would explode if he found out I had the chance to sleep with her out of no effort and turned her down.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14965 on: September 14, 2012, 01:20:26 pm »

In B4 STD.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14966 on: September 14, 2012, 01:23:11 pm »

In B4 STD.
Literally :P

Possible she has a fetish on you?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #14967 on: September 14, 2012, 01:29:23 pm »

Ohai there invisible fraps icon.

What, I can't remove you?
Nor click on you?
And dragging fraps to taskbar doesn't do anything because you're already here?

That's cool, I've always wanted a random space in the middle of my icons anyway.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14968 on: September 14, 2012, 01:30:40 pm »

I think this might be what religious conservatives feel like when they give firebrand sermons on "sexual immorality", but on a personal level. I really am kind of a tyrant upon my own behaviors.

I wish I could quantify exactly what it is that makes me hate her, but I can't. I recognize that it is totally irrational, but that doesn't change how I feel about it. It's almost like some kind of weird hate crush.
Kind of like Frollo?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14969 on: September 14, 2012, 01:33:20 pm »

Ohai there invisible fraps icon.

What, I can't remove you?
Nor click on you?
And dragging fraps to taskbar doesn't do anything because you're already here?

That's cool, I've always wanted a random space in the middle of my icons anyway.
Can you end the task?
Kind of like Frollo?
No. Frollo is caught in cognitive dissonance about whether he wants to kill Maria or not even though he's enamored with her.

By "weird hate crush" I am referring to involuntary reoccurring thoughts about someone such as in a state of infatuation, except instead of liking her I hate her.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 3345