Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702782 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Peanutbutter Fatality Edition
« Reply #14700 on: September 09, 2012, 03:08:47 am »

Tried to set floss on fire, because that's what bored pyromaniacs do. Apparently, it's make at least partly out of plastic and will melt and fall right between your fingers and burn the shit out of them. Fuck.
That reminds me of the time where I made a candle wick to stop them going out from the mildest breeze and to give off more light (power outage). It reached a point where it got so hot the wax boiled. Fun fun fun.

Fire safety tip:
1. Pouring water on a boiling hot metal candlestick can have explosive consequences.
2. Blowing it out is out of the question by then, you'll just make the fire stronger.
3. Just place a cup/bowl over the candle, the lack of oxygen snuffs it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Peanutbutter Fatality Edition
« Reply #14701 on: September 09, 2012, 03:44:33 am »

Ah, the folded candlewick. A facinating thing to watch.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14702 on: September 09, 2012, 03:55:19 am »

-> antisec releases information of 12 million ios device UIDIs including user names, postal codes and such.

-> fbi and apple deny it hastily yet UIDIs are proving legit with hundreds of people

-> people are only posting this so apple will look bad.............

DEAR GOD PEOPLE. This goes beyond tarnishing apples image, this is about our privacies and freedoms. IF a government agency, HELL a government agency from ANOTHER GOD DAMN COUNTRY  is allowed to take your information without your consent as well as cover it up AND deny it and it's source than if you think this is about tarnishing a companies image, you are seriously STUPID. YES tarnishing apple is a repercussion of this but hell, what has been said by antisec and all that's come of this leak has only proved more and more how fucked up of a world were living in and why we should continue to strive in fighting for our personal freedoms and privacy. I'm not a professional writer, hell not even a casual, but as long as i can type I will continue to spread things like this. The US says it is above "communism" and "dictator ships" where the government can control and watch every aspect of their lives without any restriction. However things like this only disprove that lie, they spy on us behind our backs, they spy on people in OTHER COUNTRIES and they continue to lie even when they are discovered!
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14703 on: September 09, 2012, 04:46:21 am »

Somehow lost my place in the happy thread. >:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14704 on: September 09, 2012, 05:08:23 am »

-> people are only posting this so apple will look bad.............
If it's spread around everywhere all the better. Misguided, but better.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14705 on: September 09, 2012, 05:38:35 am »

I don't believe them. ._.

Color me skeptical, but the definition of a UIDI is:

Quote from: Apple docs
A unique device identifier is a hash value composed from various hardware identifiers such as the device’s serial number. It is guaranteed to be unique for every device but cannot publically be tied to a user account. You can use it, for example, to store high scores for a game in a central server or to control access to registered products. The unique device identifier is sometimes referred to by its abbreviation UDID.

What do you mean, user names and postal codes? ._. Unless the user happened to download an ad app and input their user names and postal codes...

Besides, no-one has seen the names and the postal codes yet, only the UIDIs, which could just happen to match (though admittedly the chances are extremely low; something like a 1039 to 1 chance). If anyone input their entire UIDI and it matched, I suppose I'll have to withdraw my claim :P

On the other hand, if Apple is lying, well...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14706 on: September 09, 2012, 08:12:28 am »

On the other hand, if Apple is lying, well...
is that grounds to sue?
I think the terms of use have a clause saying the user has to take the documentation at their own risk... Besides, you can sue them as much as you can sure someone who wrote up incorrect documentation for their API kit.

Not so sure about the "sue Apple for privacy" thing either. I'm pretty dang sure you actually input the data when you sign up. Again, "terms of use ... at your own risk ... we won't release it" is probably the set of conditions. Since AntiSec hacked Apple, Apple has no liability for releasing, since arguably Apple did its best to defend its data and AntiSec apparently stabbed Apple's servers in the guts and made it lose its grip on the 12 million UIDI codes.

Meh, shaky any way. It all depends on lawyer fights and stuff >.>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14707 on: September 09, 2012, 11:18:20 am »

I thought the trouble was the stabbed they FBI's servers in the guts and it bled Apple information?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14708 on: September 09, 2012, 11:46:15 am »

Just got information from my parents that the city is threatening to take our house away because we haven't torn down the garage yet. We're looking at a time frame of 10 days. They've known about this for quite some time now.

Welp, I know what I'm doing for the rest of the day. Too bad I don't know how to make plastique.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14709 on: September 09, 2012, 12:13:13 pm »

Just got information from my parents that the city is threatening to take our house away because we haven't torn down the garage yet. We're looking at a time frame of 10 days. They've known about this for quite some time now.

Welp, I know what I'm doing for the rest of the day. Too bad I don't know how to make plastique.

Get some Ammonium Nitrate (fertilizer) and fuel oil, mix and you've got crude ANFO, industrial explosive.

Getting the booster and detonation caps is up to you, though.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 10:23:19 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14710 on: September 09, 2012, 11:53:52 pm »

Get some Ammonium Nitrate (fertilizer) and fuel oil, mix and you've got crude ANFO, industrial explosive.

Getting the booster and detonation caps is up to you, though.

Or you could do this the easy way and make a REALLY FUCKING BIG sparkler bomb. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14711 on: September 09, 2012, 11:55:46 pm »

I think this is the last Things That Made You thread that I haven't conquered with my awesomeness yet.

That time has passed! The Time of Descan is at hand! Tremble before me, mortals!

I'm kind of drunk!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14712 on: September 09, 2012, 11:57:10 pm »

I think this is the last Things That Made You thread that I haven't conquered with my awesomeness yet.

That time has passed! The Time of Descan is at hand! Tremble before me, mortals!

I'm kind of drunk!

Now is the time, guys! I'll distract the Terrible One with my sexy, you steal his booze!

* Hanslanda hits on Descan
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14713 on: September 09, 2012, 11:59:26 pm »

The Conversion of Hanslanda is at hand!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14714 on: September 10, 2012, 12:01:57 am »

The Conversion of Hanslanda is at hand!
Mwahaha, now it's time to pull out the big guns!

NO, NOT THOSE BIG GUNS
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 3345