Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703991 times)

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14565 on: September 01, 2012, 02:11:14 pm »

I wish I could but he gets rather... set in his ways. He was positive he had West Nile Virus before that. I think I'm just going to wait for him to forget about it and silently rage to myself (and not so silently rage to you all I guess). It's just frustrating that I have the in-depth knowledge of biology in the family and instead of asking me to look up things he goes on bodybuilding sites for information. No wonder he's sick, he's been using all sorts of stimulants for months now in addition to a few other things that kill off white blood cells and generally kill your immune system. And while it's healthy to go to the gym, I think it's a little naive to say that a place where people sweat, spit, and rub themselves all over isn't going to be covered with some sort of pathogen.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14566 on: September 01, 2012, 05:11:41 pm »

Sigh. I come home for the weekend and load up Guild Wars 2. It tells me that it has to send me an email notification since I'm using a new IP address. "Oh," I think. "I'm glad my account is protected."

So then they don't send me the goddamn email. It's been like ten minutes.

edit: It turns out this is a known issue. Oh well, guess I'll play Diablo 3 instead. It's more reliable.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:14:57 pm by penguinofhonor »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14567 on: September 01, 2012, 07:56:30 pm »

Bug bombs appear to have been insufficient. Either that or some lingering bastards just tried to take a bite out of me.

Either way, I appear to have spent four hours outside and heavily contaminated all the cooking related surfaces in the house for... well, I won't say nothing, because it's offed a fair number of other bugs, but the target, it was missed. Guess that means high effort response comes next. Damnit.

Fleas. Why have we not gotten around to being those little parasite bastard's extinction event?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14568 on: September 01, 2012, 08:49:45 pm »

Raaaagh!!! why does my volume control icon refuse to appear in the frigging taskbar?!!

...Seriously guys, help me. :( In taskbar properties, the 'volume' option is greyed out and unselectable.

I've had this happen to me a couple of times. No missing processes/services, so Frumple's solution was a no-go for me. Just follow the standard generic advice that any IT personnel will give you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14569 on: September 01, 2012, 09:18:32 pm »

Raaaagh!!! why does my volume control icon refuse to appear in the frigging taskbar?!!

...Seriously guys, help me. :( In taskbar properties, the 'volume' option is greyed out and unselectable.

I've had this happen to me a couple of times. No missing processes/services, so Frumple's solution was a no-go for me. Just follow the standard generic advice that any IT personnel will give you.
Reboot, click all the buttons, try again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14570 on: September 01, 2012, 09:22:24 pm »

Mine vanished for about six months (as did the network icon) then inexplicably became selectable again after an auto-update. The option for it is greyed out because the driver files that allow it to exist have become corrupted or been spontaneously deleted by something. I never found any solution for it, but Microsoft eventually came through for me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14571 on: September 01, 2012, 10:36:16 pm »

Usually, when that happens, the Realtek AC'97 drivers have spontaneously combusted. I figure that it's because the drivers were meant for Windows 98, and later versions of Windows use it just fine until they figure out that they're antique and go, "Welp, I don't need that old-ass garbage anymore. Time to throw it away."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14572 on: September 02, 2012, 09:44:14 am »

Fucking hell, everything is shit right now. I am up to my neck in stupid.
Can't believe how close I came to losing it just before. I seriously had to mentally stop myself from jumping up and smashing [ANNOYING FAMILY MEMBER#1] in the face. Makes my bitching about the missing volume icon seem kinda insignificant. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14573 on: September 02, 2012, 10:56:57 am »

Dude. Just do what I do: retreat to a private place and initiate protocol: Just Don't Give A Shit.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14574 on: September 02, 2012, 03:14:48 pm »

someone took a shit on you , you went in the corner crying and yelling : "i don't give a shit !"
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14575 on: September 02, 2012, 04:00:26 pm »

My network icon always looks like the Ethernet cable icon, even when it's connected to wi-fi. It's been like this for about six months.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14576 on: September 02, 2012, 04:13:46 pm »

My network icon always looks like the Ethernet cable icon, even when it's connected to wi-fi. It's been like this for about six months.
Is the ethernet cable hanging out it or is it just wifi?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14577 on: September 02, 2012, 04:29:47 pm »

Just wi-fi. I've fiddled with the Ethernet port thinking it might have been broken or something, but it works fine. If I hover over the icon it still says wi-fi. Nothing is broken. Everything is working perfectly except the image.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14578 on: September 02, 2012, 04:30:24 pm »

wow.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14579 on: September 02, 2012, 09:05:52 pm »

Just wi-fi. I've fiddled with the Ethernet port thinking it might have been broken or something, but it works fine. If I hover over the icon it still says wi-fi. Nothing is broken. Everything is working perfectly except the image.
Drivers and the network service is jacked up. try reinstalling drivers and use this command "netsh WINSOCK reset"
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 3345