Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704969 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14415 on: August 26, 2012, 11:04:27 pm »

I am completely incapable of disabling Avast from running in the background. There is no disable option. Task Manager gives a "denied" message. What the fuck.

Sounds like you need to start in safe mode and obliterate that motherfucker. Or ask MZ for real computer help, he wears glasses.

*Hides glasses*
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14416 on: August 26, 2012, 11:08:10 pm »

Its to dangerous! Here take this!
http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14417 on: August 26, 2012, 11:14:21 pm »

...Theres a stop option in each of the shield sections on the actual avast ui. Just stop al of them until otherwise needed. Did you not try looking through avast before task manager?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 11:19:13 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14418 on: August 26, 2012, 11:30:28 pm »

A) I expected a functional tray icon menu thing, similar to every other program in the world that runs in the background
B) since the Avast UI functions mostly as a giant advertisement for the paid version I hate using it
C) I searched Avast for a "close" or "exit" button and found neither
D) I did this, and it's still running in the background. It still can't be closed. Now it's also bothering that I need to turn the shields back on.

edit: IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DISABLE IT FROM RUNNING ON STARTUP RAGGGGGHHHHHHH
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 11:36:42 pm by penguinofhonor »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14419 on: August 26, 2012, 11:38:31 pm »

I am completely incapable of disabling Avast from running in the background. There is no disable option. Task Manager gives a "denied" message. What the fuck.

Sounds like you need to start in safe mode and obliterate that motherfucker. Or ask MZ for real computer help, he wears yellow glasses.
FTFY.

Also, Telle beat me to the link for the uninstaller. AVG+MalwareBytes is a much better choice if you insist on going free. If you don't mind shelling out a little bit, Kaspersky is the way to go.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14420 on: August 26, 2012, 11:38:44 pm »

Found it.
Settings> Troubleshooting> turn off self-defense module > Yes, I did actually click that.
Task Manager works as usual afterwards. Didn't need safe mode.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14421 on: August 26, 2012, 11:40:46 pm »

Yellow glasses? That's pretty boss.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14422 on: August 27, 2012, 12:44:58 am »

splitcam is a piece of crap adware ridden junk heap of a webcam splitter.... but the only one that will allow me to play from my usb capture dongle with no lag. already cleaned up the shit it pulls, wondering if it does more, so far it's : changed my home page, changed my new tab page, and removed adblock plus. all of which has bene fixed and locked from it's nabby little hands.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14423 on: August 27, 2012, 12:50:26 am »

Have you looked into HiJackThis to see if it's left anything else running?

Yellow glasses? That's pretty boss.
Prevents eye fatigue from being on the computer all damned day.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14424 on: August 27, 2012, 01:13:57 am »

I am now imagining MZ as Walter from The Big Lebowski.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14425 on: August 27, 2012, 01:16:15 am »

Trying to land in a 737 in Microsoft Flight Simulator X, elevators got stuck on the final leg of approach, trim is way too fidgety, I stall and crash.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14426 on: August 27, 2012, 01:25:50 am »

I am now imagining MZ as Walter from The Big Lebowski.

Maximum Zero: You've got a sword? Well, I give no fucks. Let's see who wins this fight, motherfucker. *Facepunch*

Also, I just searched for that, and no one gives a shit that Walter, barehanded, fought a guy using a goddamn sword. Am I misremembering this scene?
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14427 on: August 27, 2012, 01:31:30 am »

I have swords, though. :P

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14428 on: August 27, 2012, 01:32:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He's fucking with us.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14429 on: August 27, 2012, 08:21:21 am »

Do you have a suit of armour as well?
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 3345