Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689411 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14235 on: August 23, 2012, 12:31:24 am »

A certain thread from which bans, mutes and/or forum drama will result. Ugh.
Some people just can't take a really obvious hint

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14237 on: August 23, 2012, 12:40:27 am »

He's mad because macromeme is absorbing his time with kittens?.... nah
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14238 on: August 23, 2012, 12:44:04 am »

Sorry, someone posted a macromeme thing. And yes, I'm very angry that macromeme won't let me stop laughing to breathe.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14239 on: August 23, 2012, 01:02:55 am »

http://www.macromeme.com/dog/hold-my-hand-cat.html

Say it with me now... AWWWW. :D
If there was ever such a thing as a kitten which is too fuzzy, this might be it. Seriously, look at it. Then stop looking and realize you've been d'awwing over a kitten for a good minute.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #14240 on: August 23, 2012, 01:10:46 am »

http://www.macromeme.com/dog/hold-my-hand-cat.html

Say it with me now... AWWWW. :D
If there was ever such a thing as a kitten which is too fuzzy, this might be it. Seriously, look at it. Then stop looking and realize you've been d'awwing over a kitten for a good minute.
"Bah, it can't be that cu... OuO DAWWWWWWWWWWW"
Arg! It's 2AM and I need to have code sent to my employer by this morning, but KITTENS. D:

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14241 on: August 23, 2012, 02:01:33 am »

toxins are broken down by the digestive system.
If by broken down you mean excreted then yep. Passing toxins around the body is a bit counter intuitive.
oh for the love of...

STOP PROVING ME WRONG! IGNORANCE IS FUN FOR FUCK'S SAKE!
THATS WHAT SHE SAID!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14242 on: August 23, 2012, 02:41:48 am »

There is, but there's a couple of biochemical hitches with that. Lactase tablets (specifically β-galactosidase) only works in a high-acid environment like the human stomach. But too much acid denatures the enyzme. And the root problem is that if the lactose isn't broken down before it gets to the intestines, the gut flora there will happily devour it (producing large volumes of hydrogen, CO2 and methane as a by-product).

So you can't mix it into the food, you can't take it on an empty stomach, and if even if you take it at the same time you start eating the dairy product, it's kind of a race against time to see if it can break down the lactose before it makes it to your small intestine. If the lactose wins that race....BOOM goes the dynamite.  :-\

It's just really a crapshoot (no pun intended...well, maybe a little) and you get sick of rolling the dice every time you eat dairy. Aviodance is just a lot easier.
Lactose free products. I'd be very surprised if you don't have any over there. (Although the cheeses aren't necessarily of the highest quality...)

EDIT: Speaking of dairy products, I'm out of Fjällfil. I'm out of fucking Fjällfil and no one's selling any of it in this country... I knew I should've bought more than one package. Now what am I supposed to eat for breakfast?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:29:52 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14243 on: August 23, 2012, 07:09:37 am »

Ugh. For work related purposes I follow a large number of twitter feeds, facebook accounts and blogs related to science, in particular academic physics. One of them (granted, this one is more humour based but still...) in the last 2 days has made me want to go out and start an eugenics programme. Yesterday it posted a picture of a symposium from 1927 which has everyone in it - all the great names from the dawn of the quantum world - Einstein, Bohr, Schrodinger, Dirac, Curie, Lorentz, Picard, you name it, they are in it. Most of the comments were nice to read - all awestruck and praise filled. Not the first one though. The first one simply stated "They were all geeks with Asbergers". The first reply to that was in agreeance, stating that "they all achieved nothing, and are all murderers thanks to nuclear bombs". These comments were ignored by subsequent posters seeing as most people following this particular feed are above such idiocy, but still, who bothers to make the effort to follow something simply to get negative about it? This was followed up by the same feed posting a spectrographic analysis of the first rock analyzed by Curiosity (published by NASA). The first 20 to 30 posts were all people bashing it as "there are no new elements there" and other such banal comments about how it clearly is a waste of money as it "handt found the aliens yet". I was aware that a large section of humanity was ignorant/stupid/childish, but my opinion of it was dragged to a new low, in part by some of the posts I had to read.
This is a blank sig.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14244 on: August 23, 2012, 07:18:25 am »

...What? WHAT?

NO NEW ELEMENTS DERP

That's stupid. So stupid. Of course there's no new elements. We cataloged the world of natural elements years ago, and even the synthetic ones are being unlocked one by one in the Collider somewhere out there.

...This might be part of the reason why NASA is getting cut after cut in budgets. "No aliens, no new elements? Why should taxpayers pay for this instead of other more useful stuff?"

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14245 on: August 23, 2012, 07:21:47 am »

...For some reason there was a huge bin filled with scrap corrugated alumninium aboard the train with me today. I have an image if anyone wants it (my friend took it.)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14246 on: August 23, 2012, 07:24:36 am »

That's totally random and funny xD Pic!

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14247 on: August 23, 2012, 07:28:05 am »

AAARRRGHHH: Here is another comment from the same Mars rover feed...

So, seeing as all the rocks on Earth are made from plants, and this one seems so very similar to the rocks on Earth, where did all the plants on Mars go to?
This is a blank sig.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14248 on: August 23, 2012, 07:31:54 am »

...This might be part of the reason why NASA is getting cut after cut in budgets. "No aliens, no new elements? Why should taxpayers pay for this instead of other more useful stuff?"
I hate people like this.
if it has no immediate effect: WHY SHOULD WE PAY FOR IT!?

Those people probably won't like to cough up for insurance either.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14249 on: August 23, 2012, 07:34:40 am »

That's totally random and funny xD Pic!

Spoiler: Oh, sydenham line... (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 3345