Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689498 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

It's disgusting and foul, and to be frank, I'd rather gnaw off my own arm than eat it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Not being able to eat cheese at all would suck, poor redking.  :(
Oh, I can eat it (and do, from time to time). I just pay for it an hour or two later. The effect is not dissimilar from the cartoon gag of swallowing a cherry bomb and having it go off in your stomach.  :-\

My son is a fair bit more serious issue. It's the actual milk protein that causes him problems as opposed to the sugars. And it makes him phlegm up so that he sounds like Darth Vader with a bad chest cold. Takes him weeks to get over it, and even a small amount of something like mac-n-cheese will trigger it. Imagine being a kid and not being able to have mac-n-cheese.  :(

I hope he'll grow out of it. But it's further incentive to try and make our house as dairy-free as possible. Which is when I began to realize just how much damn dairy is in everything. Even non-cheese stuff, milk casein gets used as a thickener.

The bitter irony is that I grew up consuming vast quantities of milk, ice cream and cheese. At some point, my genes kicked in and said, "Right, that's enough of THAT!" and stopped making lactase. I'm only moderately comforted by the fact that mitochondrial DNA analysis shows that retaining full lactase production past puberty is actually a late mutation in Homo sapiens, arising in Northern Europe. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a "pure" human and you're all Viking mutants.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a "pure" human and you're all Viking mutants.  :P

This... This is awesome.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a "pure" human and you're all Viking mutants.  :P
I...have no problems with this. Scrawniest Viking ever, hell yeah!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Behold your ancestor! (click to show/hide)

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

what I'm saying is that I'm a "pure" human and you're all Viking mutants.  :P
Evolve or die RedKing. There's a dairy revolution happening, and you'd best pick the winning side :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I fucking hate cheese. Too much fat. I don't like fat or sugar.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But it's delicious! Especially feta. So salty. Although feta that isn't soaked in brine is terrible.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14198 on: August 22, 2012, 12:52:13 pm »

Havarti. All day, every day.

Also Munster.

And Gorgonzola and Gouda for cream sauces.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14199 on: August 22, 2012, 12:52:56 pm »

OHGODYES. Havarti. I'd totally forgotten about that. Definitely picking some up when I get the chance.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14200 on: August 22, 2012, 12:54:04 pm »

I like being a Viking mutant, thank you very much.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14201 on: August 22, 2012, 12:57:11 pm »

Hellishly sharp cheddar is good stuff. As is Habanero Jack.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Evolve or die RedKing. There's a dairy revolution happening, and you'd best pick the winning side :P
Oh you'd like that, wouldn't you, you frommage freak! You curd-eating cur! You...Limburger...umm....limb?

FWIW, the more aged and "sour" the cheese is, the less problems I have because most of the lactose is converted into lactic acid by the bacteria. Hard cheese like peccorino or Romano or Parmesan, only a minor problem. Double Cream Brie, on the other hand, is a delicious exercise in masochism. Feta is pretty much safe (and OMNOMNOM). I don't often find them, but those Spanish acid-set cheeses are usually okay too, along with Indian paneer.

EDIT: Oh, and yogurt. Yogurt is a godsend. Basically, anything with enough microbes in it to nom all the sugars away is my friend.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:07:39 pm by RedKing »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Oh you'd like that, wouldn't you, you frommage freak! You curd-eating cur! You...Limburger...umm....limb?
You leave me no choice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14204 on: August 22, 2012, 01:05:17 pm »

Isn't there medication for lactose intolerance? I don't know how effective it is, but it should be worth taking a pill to eat your brie, shouldn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 3345