Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710136 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: The Unbinding Of Akura!
« Reply #14011 on: August 16, 2012, 09:20:31 pm »

My dad is a pilot for Alaska Airlines... have you guys had good experience with them? :X  I really hope so, I use them fairly often (being a pilot's son gets ya benefits) and I've never had issues.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14012 on: August 17, 2012, 12:34:24 am »

Me and the guy I was traveling with did some calculations, and between walking out through security for smokes, walking the the trail of tears that is MSP's concourse system trying to find a place to eat, relax, bathrooms (wherein I saw things I cannot repeat out of sheer disgust).....I believe I walked about 5 miles today.

Thank god I'm home. I should feel like a normal person again after a shower and a day of decompression.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:45:32 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14013 on: August 17, 2012, 04:50:28 am »

At least it's not United.
Probably the best possible way to get back at the airline. Vengeful country music.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14014 on: August 17, 2012, 09:50:02 am »

Reading Fast Food Nation for school, its contents are just incredibly rageworthy.
It's FEF, not FEOF

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14015 on: August 17, 2012, 10:19:58 am »

how so? rage as in "thats so right people are dumb!" or rage as in "BURN ALL COPIES OF THIS BOOK ON SIGHT!" or rage as in "This author is stupid"
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14016 on: August 17, 2012, 10:22:50 am »

Most books specifically read for school generally aren't great. They're either stupid (like in possibly furt's case), are shakespeare and take forever and a half to get through because half the class doesn't know what in the heck they're saying, or other.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14017 on: August 17, 2012, 10:34:29 am »

No I mean rage as in it makes you want to start a revolution type rage
It's FEF, not FEOF

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14018 on: August 17, 2012, 12:28:57 pm »

Most books specifically read for school generally aren't great. They're either stupid (like in possibly furt's case), are shakespeare and take forever and a half to get through because half the class doesn't know what in the heck they're saying, or other.

It's funny you say this, because when my class read Julius Caesar, I read all the parts of people who died, Marc Antony's speech, and most of the longer parts, because I was the only one who understood what they were saying. Then I got to put it into layman's terms for everyone. I especially liked Marc Antony's speech because when I explained it, people were like, "Oh those guys are sooooooo fucked."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14019 on: August 17, 2012, 01:07:56 pm »

Internet blacking out periodically after having it already fixed to remedy the exact problem that it's been having consistently.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14020 on: August 17, 2012, 01:09:46 pm »

Some dumbass wants to promote competive sport in belgian elementary schools.

I think that this will only cause the less sportive children (like i was) to feel worse...
And obviously make the popular kids more popular.

I think.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14021 on: August 17, 2012, 01:15:35 pm »

It's not that bad, except for some of the more extremely introverted children. Besides that, some competition is always good.

We really shouldn't have to avoid actions to prevent some people from feeling bad.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14022 on: August 17, 2012, 01:49:09 pm »

No I mean rage as in it makes you want to start a revolution type rage

Well, you know, we all want to change the world.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14023 on: August 17, 2012, 02:06:23 pm »

It's not that bad, except for some of the more extremely introverted children. Besides that, some competition is always good.
Not fully agreeing with you, here. Something about organized team sports somehow turns a significant fraction of children into raging assholes. Could have done without that shit when I was younger. Only thing it taught was that being a asshat wins games and makes a fair chunk of other people miserable. Not a single damn positive thing from it, unless you count a foundation for misanthropy as a good thing.

Pickup games or whatever with friends (i.e. non-assholes or, if you lean that way, assholes) aren't that bad. Competitive sports in public school was fucking miserable, as a rule.

We really shouldn't have to avoid actions to prevent some people from feeling bad.
Man, what? Maybe if there was a second option of some sort, which I guess there might be in some areas. Kids don't want to play with jackasses, they shouldn't be forced to play with jackasses.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14024 on: August 17, 2012, 02:10:17 pm »

Not fully agreeing with you, here. Something about organized team sports somehow turns a significant fraction of children into raging assholes. Could have done without that shit when I was younger. Only thing it taught was that being a asshat wins games and makes a fair chunk of other people miserable. Not a single damn positive thing from it, unless you count a foundation for misanthropy as a good thing.

Pickup games or whatever with friends (i.e. non-assholes or, if you lean that way, assholes) aren't that bad. Competitive sports in public school was fucking miserable, as a rule.

Man, what? Maybe if there was a second option of some sort, which I guess there might be in some areas. Kids don't want to play with jackasses, they shouldn't be forced to play with jackasses.
This.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 3345