Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710092 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: The Unbinding Of Akura!
« Reply #13965 on: August 12, 2012, 09:42:59 pm »

Therapists are either hit in miss in most scenarios, I've had my share of bad therapists who don't really give a shit about you, and I've had good therapists who legitimately wanted to help. Having had some issues in the past myself, all I can suggest is try going to an independent therapist and just sort of let it out. You'd be surprised how relieving it can be to just talk to someone who isn't going to judge you like an average person would.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #13966 on: August 12, 2012, 11:31:18 pm »

It takes about a year for the brain to significantly recover from the long term effects of addictive substances.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13967 on: August 13, 2012, 12:02:41 am »

Every once in a while I consider picking up a pack of cigarettes just because I like smoking one probably no more than once a month, at a party every once in a while. But then smokers scare me away every time.

Just... the faint desperation in their voices as they ask around if anyone's got another cigarette left is worrying. And these are just social smokers. I can distance myself from the guy who's been smoking for years, but not the people who smoke maybe two cigarettes a week. That's not really too much more common than I think I'd do it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13968 on: August 13, 2012, 12:07:32 am »

It takes about a year for the brain to significantly recover from the long term effects of addictive substances.

Disclaimer: This post is not intended to be an attack, aggressive, or anything like that at all. Just in case, wanted to throw that out there. :D I love you all, especially you kaenneth. :P
[rant]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/rant]

Ahem. :) Sorry about that. My Drug Court counselor also found out very fast that I didn't just jump into drugs blindly. I'm the sort of person to exhaustively research the things I'm interested in.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13969 on: August 13, 2012, 12:14:51 am »

You're smarter than me, man.

Smoking formaldehyde gets you very, very high. It also kills you very, very fast. So, when you brick the weed, you put a good amount of formaldehyde into the water you're using, and the weed gets the people who buy it real high, and you can smuggle it easier. Win win, right?
Yeah, not so much. See, someone like me comes along and smokes this marijuana. And the formaldehyde. The formaldehyde does nasty, cruel things to your brain. For example, I once passed out, then woke up an instant later. Except I couldn't remember anything. And not like, 'What's today? Where are my keys?' can't remember. Like, 'who the fuck am I? Where am I? What am I? Who are these smiling creatures around me?' can't remember.

This is probably the scariest thing I've read all day. But now I have a something to tell my friends when they talk about how awesome it would be if weed was legalized but how it doesn't need to be regulated because that would ruin everything. I've always known there was crap like this that goes down in unregulated markets but I've never had a specific example.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13970 on: August 13, 2012, 12:26:36 am »

You're smarter than me, man.

Smoking formaldehyde gets you very, very high. It also kills you very, very fast. So, when you brick the weed, you put a good amount of formaldehyde into the water you're using, and the weed gets the people who buy it real high, and you can smuggle it easier. Win win, right?
Yeah, not so much. See, someone like me comes along and smokes this marijuana. And the formaldehyde. The formaldehyde does nasty, cruel things to your brain. For example, I once passed out, then woke up an instant later. Except I couldn't remember anything. And not like, 'What's today? Where are my keys?' can't remember. Like, 'who the fuck am I? Where am I? What am I? Who are these smiling creatures around me?' can't remember.

This is probably the scariest thing I've read all day. But now I have a something to tell my friends when they talk about how awesome it would be if weed was legalized but how it doesn't need to be regulated because that would ruin everything. I've always known there was crap like this that goes down in unregulated markets but I've never had a specific example.

Yeah, and I use willingly. I'm not smarter than you, bro. I'm far more reckless.
Also, they've tested brick weed before and found such fun substances as: bone, dirt, shit, mold (smoking mold fucking kills you, btw :D ) other drugs like crack, pcp, meth, etc in minute quantities, and other unidentified substances.
I'll repeat that. They found bone and crack and mold in the cheap stuff. If you're gonna smoke, smoke the good stuff, for god's sake.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #13971 on: August 13, 2012, 12:50:54 am »

I've never used illegal drugs myself (However, I do have prescriptions for Dexedrine and Oxycontin...)

Most of what I know about addiction/recovery I picked up while trying to support friends through the process.

So I'm not an expert; all I meant was, to give it time.

Anyway, as for weed; never use it, but I don't see why it's illegal, while alcohol and tobacco aren't. It should be legal with the union of the laws for alc/tab applying; i.e. can't DUI, can't smoke it within 25 feet of public buildings, etc. etc.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13972 on: August 13, 2012, 12:57:19 am »

I've never used illegal drugs myself (However, I do have prescriptions for Dexedrine and Oxycontin...)

Most of what I know about addiction/recovery I picked up while trying to support friends through the process.

So I'm not an expert; all I meant was, to give it time.

Anyway, as for weed; never use it, but I don't see why it's illegal, while alcohol and tobacco aren't. It should be legal with the union of the laws for alc/tab applying; i.e. can't DUI, can't smoke it within 25 feet of public buildings, etc. etc.

No, I got what you said. I wasn't trying to attack, like I said, I just... Have some pre-existing knowledge on the subject. And I'm not shutting down the treatment offered to me, I do listen to it with an open mind. But I haven't been convinced yet.

Also, be very careful with those prescriptions. Those substances are very highly addictive, as I'm sure you know, and have terrible withdrawals, from what I've been told and seen. 

Also, yeah. Pretty much my opinion. It isn't like cocaine or meth or something bad like that. And it is mostly illegal because of legislation put into place nearly a century ago to preserve the cotton monopoly, and Budweiser spends millions lobbying to keep it illegal. ::)
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13973 on: August 13, 2012, 07:05:08 am »

Arrgh. I walked all the way across the road to the servo station on the other side... Only to discover they had some clueless person working there tonight and closed early. >:( (Well, it's a 24-hour thing, but at 10PM they close the main door and process transactions through a security window-type-thing.)

So, no frozen caffiene for me. Damnit. It wasn't even 10PM yet!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13974 on: August 13, 2012, 05:29:12 pm »

AHH THE RAGE, (first world problem warning) neighbours turn on the lawnmower at 8 A.M, it wakes me us and pisses me off totally because i want to sleep a few hours more, no you really cant turn on the lawnmower when everyone woke up? like 12 A.M+? And you stay all day home today so whats the problem with not doing it early in the morning waking up people.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13975 on: August 13, 2012, 05:31:02 pm »

Its less hot out than it would be at noon. Is it a really loud mower?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13976 on: August 13, 2012, 05:34:18 pm »

Man, I've fired up the lawnmower at six before. I'm constantly tempted to do it around four or five AM, actually, just as the sun's rising. Possibly earlier if I've got the lighting for it from somewhere else. Only the chance of noise level crimes or whatever stops me.

Because noon? In Florida? Ahahahaha, your sleep is not worth that.

... but seriously, 8 is early? Nono. Two is early. Five is fairly standard (go to sleep at nine, get eight hours). The sun comes up then during the summer.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13977 on: August 13, 2012, 05:49:39 pm »

Its not loud but i sleep with open window because its hot on some days, and neighbours are right near us, mowing their front lawn next to the window of my room. I often go to sleep at 1:00. 8 is early. 6 is earliest you can turn on loud stuff without risking the police here.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #13978 on: August 13, 2012, 07:17:29 pm »

Edit: wrong thread... >.> oops!
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13979 on: August 14, 2012, 08:19:43 pm »

Went to Macdonalds last night for quick eats and i walk into some bitchy mom complaining how it was taking too long to cook her fries and wanted some freebies. Taking a look over to the kitchen she ordered 5 large fries and 1 kiddie. Now if i remembered correctly, that's basically a whole bag of fries to cook up give or take and its nighttime so all the food is cooked fresh to order and takes about 5 minutes to cook up a batch of fries.

Is it the employee's fault that you had to ordered so many damn fries that she has to cook more for you? Was it gonna kill you to wait for goddamn 5 minutes for fresh not undercooked food?

Not only that, she brought her troop of brats inside that were whining and complaining (average number of kids in a family around here that are under 13 years old are about 5 kids). Well employee chick couldn't handle it anymore and gave her a free large to shut bitchy up. Well i after they bailed i went up and ordered my food, wait for 5 minutes or less (not that i cared), and grabbed my food.

This is now the second time i been to this place at night and someone was complaining about time totally ignoring the lack of a line. I swear i walk into another person complaining i going to make them cry. These people are working night shift and don't need this shit, they are doing their job. I can't believe how damn impatient these people are around here. Fuck you Utah, i want to go back to Colorado where people were more sane.
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 3345