Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709966 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: The Unbinding Of Akura!
« Reply #13905 on: August 10, 2012, 10:51:09 am »

Boredom is better than crazy religious folk, Akura.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13906 on: August 10, 2012, 10:58:10 am »

After sweating your ass off in a warehouse for almost no pay, I'd think you'd consider getting paid for doing nothing a blessing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13907 on: August 10, 2012, 11:03:35 am »

I'm not even mad about the thumb. It's basically a little cut. That's probably when I should have stopped drinking, yeah, but I has just opened a beer so I couldn't just leave it.

*Little tear of pride* They grow up so fast... :P But in the future, it may be better to quit while you are ahead. I had alcohol poisoning once, and it was possibly the least fun experience I've ever had in my life. I vomited for two days, and then I dry-heaved for another day. :/ After the first day, death would have been the kindest mercy possible.
*Alcohol poisoning brofist*

I woke up naked and autographed in a strange house. later found out that I had spent much of the night sleeping in a tub full of warm water as several people I barely knew desperately tried to keep my body temperature up because I was essentially shutting down. Once I stabilized, they took payment by attempting to embarass me with things like writing snide comments about my genitalia on my genitalia. Ah, college.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13908 on: August 10, 2012, 11:15:13 am »

I'm not even mad about the thumb. It's basically a little cut. That's probably when I should have stopped drinking, yeah, but I has just opened a beer so I couldn't just leave it.

*Little tear of pride* They grow up so fast... :P But in the future, it may be better to quit while you are ahead. I had alcohol poisoning once, and it was possibly the least fun experience I've ever had in my life. I vomited for two days, and then I dry-heaved for another day. :/ After the first day, death would have been the kindest mercy possible.
*Alcohol poisoning brofist*

I woke up naked and autographed in a strange house. later found out that I had spent much of the night sleeping in a tub full of warm water as several people I barely knew desperately tried to keep my body temperature up because I was essentially shutting down. Once I stabilized, they took payment by attempting to embarass me with things like writing snide comments about my genitalia on my genitalia. Ah, college.

*Brofist*

I was only nineteen, and I worked at a bar. My boss decided to have a big bonfire at her house to burn all the furniture she didn't like. (She was a bit... Eclectic.) So, we get there, and I hadn't even planned on drinking, but one of the other cooks had a gallon of Canadian Hunter with him, and it was fucking freezing with snow on the ground. So I took a big swig of the whiskey, which isn't something I do normally. I'm a mixed drink kinda guy. Anyway, about ten minutes later, a female I had been involved with arrived, so I thought, "Uh oh, better drink some more, I don't want to be thinking about her." Good news, this was an excellent plan and it worked perfectly.

Bad news, I forgot to stop drinking. I drank the whole gallon. I'm 145 lbs. This was a bit too much alcohol. Then, I decided to have a few beers. Nine. Nine fucking beers. I remember the first beer, and waking up in my bed puking. Apparently while I was being driven home, I was shouting very loudly about '****ing me some sexy bitches!' I'm a very quiet person in general, so everyone involved thought it was hilarious when they heard about it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13909 on: August 10, 2012, 11:19:36 am »

For any of you young'ins out there, those are basically two testimonials as to why you don't drink :p
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13910 on: August 10, 2012, 11:21:45 am »

For any of you young'ins out there, those are basically two testimonials as to why you don't drink :p

This. Being drunk is fun, to a point, and after that point, it goes downhill extremely rapidly from 'Just made an ass of myself' to 'oh shit I'm dying'.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13911 on: August 10, 2012, 11:23:14 am »

After sweating your ass off in a warehouse for almost no pay, I'd think you'd consider getting paid for doing nothing a blessing.
Note: NOT being paid. I only get $30 from my parents(which is still far less than I should be getting from my benefits), and most of that goes to taking the bus.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13912 on: August 10, 2012, 11:24:11 am »

So, what is this non-paid job for, again?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13913 on: August 10, 2012, 11:26:42 am »

Dude, you seriously need to get a job that pays, even if it's flipping burgers or being a garbage man. You're spending mental and physical energy on something that you're not getting shit from. It's seemed like a trend for you in this thread that people use you, and while your circumstances in some ways make that unavoidable....you need to quit giving it away. A job, any freaking job, that pays is better than a job that does not. You're not getting anywhere doing this, you're not making any ground and you're not gaining anything you can call your own.

Don't mean to lecture you, but man, you need to get paid for what you do, plain and simple.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13914 on: August 10, 2012, 12:09:56 pm »

Came out to take a little siesta in my car over lunch break, found this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm the car on the right/top. I have about three inches of space to get into the car. Or I can turn the other cheek and climb in through the passenger side. Or I can just say "You have a shiny new SUV. I have a 13-year old car with 150K miles and which has technically already been totalled. Guess which of us has more to lose, motherfucker?"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13915 on: August 10, 2012, 12:23:40 pm »

Nice shoes. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13916 on: August 10, 2012, 12:43:34 pm »

Hell, I'm 23 and don't drink. Partly because I haven't yet found a taste I enjoyed, but mostly because I'm afraid of ending up a mess with twisted ankles and glass in my guts.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13917 on: August 10, 2012, 12:44:27 pm »

Akura, didn't you say at some point that your benefits come through a card, which your parents have control of right now?

If so, try and see about getting the card they have frozen and reissued to you directly, to keep it out of their hands.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13918 on: August 10, 2012, 01:15:55 pm »

Hell, I'm 23 and don't drink. Partly because I haven't yet found a taste I enjoyed, but mostly because I'm afraid of ending up a mess with twisted ankles and glass in my guts.

Haha, I'm not a good example at all, am I?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13919 on: August 10, 2012, 01:41:36 pm »

Haha, I'm not a good example at all, am I?
Well, you're not the only example. My dad was an alcoholic for a while, though he recovered and hasn't drank since. I don't really want to end up the same way, or worse, and the fact that I have two parents with addictive tendencies means I have to be extra careful.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 3345