Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709768 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: The Unbinding Of Akura!
« Reply #13815 on: August 06, 2012, 06:14:35 pm »

Pass out? Likely not. Do very silly things? I bet.

Come on, man, you know you like those odds. /peerpressure

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13816 on: August 06, 2012, 06:16:53 pm »

I do very silly things anyway. The alcohol might keep me from literally running away in embarrassment, though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13817 on: August 06, 2012, 06:23:10 pm »

Eh, s'like anything else. A nip of quality liquor or a bottle of good, dark beer can be enjoyable at times, but too many people have no damned self control. Or taste, for that matter.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13818 on: August 06, 2012, 07:13:52 pm »

I still have no student aid. RAAAGH!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13819 on: August 06, 2012, 07:33:57 pm »

The minimum font size on ff.n was apparently just jacked up to "I am half-blind and have never heard of glasses, do you have text for me?". FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

(Hoping so badly it is a momentary derp rather than an intended change--I grew up reading poorly printed doorstoppers with tiny fonts and I'm not about to stop now.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13820 on: August 06, 2012, 08:23:28 pm »

Mobile's smallest is this, I think. Then if you really want it smaller, zoom out, I guess.

Alternately you can nab up one of the fanfic downloader proggies that export to html and just adjust the browser font. Can probably do that anyway if you set the webpage settings to user or whatev'. Did that with firefox when I wanted my soothing grey text on dark blue background and size twenty or so font.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:25:16 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13821 on: August 06, 2012, 09:06:47 pm »

Try clicking the smaller font icon (its next to the larger A). seemed to change it for me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13822 on: August 06, 2012, 11:22:17 pm »

Difficulty generating a non-waterworld in Simearth (PC)

If I could get water vapor out of the atmosphere I could probably fix it but I don't know how to vanish water without it going somewhere...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13823 on: August 06, 2012, 11:56:19 pm »

Thus far, I've never been drunk.

I'll occasionally drink something alcoholic (the only things I like are small amounts of cider, mulled wine (only have that on new year's), the blue WKD that's something like 3%, and apple sourz (can only take a small mouthful of that))

I think that having maybe a small glass of one of these very other month won't kill me.

Actually, two or less (and equivalent) beers a day is healthy for you. You have an entire section of your liver dedicated to just processing alcohol, because of its role in the formation of human society. But any more than two beers a day is unhealthy. I believe one glass of red wine a day is supposed to help ward off either heart disease or cancer. I'm not sure on that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13824 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:09 am »

Drats. I've had three today.

Well, two and a Mike's. I swear, Mike's is like candy. Candy that gets you drunk.

Actually I'd probably put Apple Sourz in the same category.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13825 on: August 07, 2012, 12:07:36 am »

I believe one glass of red wine a day is supposed to help ward off either heart disease or cancer. I'm not sure on that.
It's heart disease, yes, but iirc it's an effect limited to red wines grown in certain areas. Something about soil composition. Cheap shit you buy in an American liquor store probably won't have quite the same effect. S'more likely to be found in European stuff, so far as I'm aware, and that's where the studies I've ran into produced notably positive results.

I've chimed in on alcohol use a number of times, so no real need to repeat m'self, I guess. I will say that, for folks uninterested in the stuff, never feel pressured to consume alcohol. You are under no true obligation to imbibe a mood altering poison, nor are you missing out on anything truly substantial. If you don't want to, don't. You're in no way lesser because of it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13826 on: August 07, 2012, 11:15:51 am »

Physics, more accurately, the part where you have to do math magic to extract one value out of a big pile of equations, or in this case one equation, and it's giving me a god damned headache trying to figure out how they got what they did.

ARGH

Edit:
SUCESS!!!!

Seconds after posting this, I look back at the equation, get an idea and half a minute later and one fixed minus it's finished, god damn it it's infuriation how hidden in plain sight these things can be sometimes, still, it's done, time to move on bigger stuff X)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:20:53 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13827 on: August 07, 2012, 04:22:37 pm »

Try clicking the smaller font icon (its next to the larger A). seemed to change it for me.

It wasn't working for me, although the enlarge icon was.  :-\

3. Run Resize Enable

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13828 on: August 07, 2012, 04:24:27 pm »

It wasn't working for me, although the enlarge icon was.  :-\
Oh? You wanted smaller text? Is that so? Text isn't small enough for you? WELL THEN YOU CAN JUST HAVE LARGER TEXT JACKASS!
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13829 on: August 07, 2012, 05:46:37 pm »

Well, that reminded me why I haven't played hammerfight in awhile. Plenty of nice smashing in one of the modes, and then TWO SIEGE BOMBS AT ONCE as my greeting back into the arena.

You goddamn lunatic of an AI. Why must you make the smashing unfun.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 3345