Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709640 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: The Unbinding Of Akura!
« Reply #13755 on: August 01, 2012, 09:23:16 pm »

We are secret liberals.
is this one of those streotypical south areas where being homosexual gets you beaten up?

Every stereotype you have ever heard about the south is true in my town.

Every single one.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13756 on: August 01, 2012, 09:53:14 pm »

We are secret liberals.
is this one of those streotypical south areas where being homosexual gets you beaten up?

Every stereotype you have ever heard about the south is true in my town.

Every single one.

I can get moonshine in my town...
>.>
<.<
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13757 on: August 01, 2012, 10:12:14 pm »

TSC Tag Printers.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Temperamental pieces of shit with way too many things that need to be calibrated and configured purely on the software side alone. And nothing like having a colorblind customer who has to interpret blinking LED codes for you.
"PC Load Letter"? What the fuck does that mean?

Not quite that bad. The printer wasn't exhibiting the behavior its own manual said it should. And after talking to TSC Tech Support, they pointed me to a diagnostic tool which let me cut out the user.

Until the printer said it was a Ribbon Encoder Error, whatever the hell that is. Ok, you're right, it was that bad. Gah, fuck those printers. Tomorrow I go to do battle with it again ><
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:16:13 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13758 on: August 02, 2012, 01:35:42 am »

Why do you have to be like this, Valve? And why must I agree to your new terms?

SECTION 12 CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT. IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, SOME OR ALL OF SECTION 12 MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU.
I hope that section sure is void for me, then.

YOU AND VALVE AGREE TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES AND CLAIMS BETWEEN US IN INDIVIDUAL BINDING ARBITRATION. THAT INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO: (i) ANY ASPECT OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN US; (ii) THIS AGREEMENT; OR (iii) YOUR USE OF STEAM, YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE SOFTWARE. IT APPLIES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH CLAIMS ARE BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, FRAUD, UNFAIR COMPETITION, MISREPRESENTATION OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
[...]
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU AND VALVE ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND TO HAVE A TRIAL BEFORE A JUDGE OR JURY.
[...]
YOU AND VALVE AGREE NOT TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR COLLECTIVE ARBITRATION, EVEN IF AAA’s PROCEDURES OR RULES WOULD OTHERWISE ALLOW ONE. THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT OF THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM.
Cruise control.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13759 on: August 02, 2012, 01:38:26 am »

I was wondering if anyone ever put "you can't sue us for anything whatsoever, even if we break the law" in their EULAs.

Good thing those things are some of the least binding legal documents in existence.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13760 on: August 02, 2012, 01:40:38 am »

Why do you have to be like this, Valve? And why must I agree to your new terms?

SECTION 12 CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT. IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, SOME OR ALL OF SECTION 12 MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU.
I hope that section sure is void for me, then.

YOU AND VALVE AGREE TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES AND CLAIMS BETWEEN US IN INDIVIDUAL BINDING ARBITRATION. THAT INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO: (i) ANY ASPECT OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN US; (ii) THIS AGREEMENT; OR (iii) YOUR USE OF STEAM, YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE SOFTWARE. IT APPLIES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH CLAIMS ARE BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, FRAUD, UNFAIR COMPETITION, MISREPRESENTATION OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
[...]
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU AND VALVE ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND TO HAVE A TRIAL BEFORE A JUDGE OR JURY.
[...]
YOU AND VALVE AGREE NOT TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR COLLECTIVE ARBITRATION, EVEN IF AAA’s PROCEDURES OR RULES WOULD OTHERWISE ALLOW ONE. THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT OF THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM.
Cruise control.
I find it funny that when Sony did the exact same thing, no one really cared. Regardless, yeah it sucks but I don't see Valve as a company that would abuse something like this. At least they're willing to compromise with the whole small claims court thing.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13761 on: August 02, 2012, 01:42:26 am »

To be fair, class-action suits pretty much suck for anybody but lawyers.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13762 on: August 02, 2012, 01:59:04 am »

Class action suits help small citizens wronged by corporations by bringing the latter to court when individual claimants could have not. It' s a matter of justice, not the lottery
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13763 on: August 02, 2012, 02:00:49 am »

Class action suits help small citizens wronged by corporations by bringing the latter to court when individual claimants could have not. It' s a matter of justice, not the lottery
But a good amount of class action suits are admittedly bullshit, and it costs a lot of money for both sides. Besides, do you honestly see Valve doing anything bad enough to warrant someone to try a class action lawsuit?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13764 on: August 02, 2012, 02:04:00 am »

But a good amount of class action suits are admittedly bullshit, and it costs a lot of money for both sides. Besides, do you honestly see Valve doing anything bad enough to warrant someone to try a class action lawsuit?
They might turn unexplainably evil...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13765 on: August 02, 2012, 02:04:28 am »

It... would no longer surprise me that any corporation raking in more than a few mill a year would do just that, especially when they're not heavily dependent on very localized support. Just seems kinda' endemic these days. If they're not expecting to try to leverage that clause, why make it?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13766 on: August 02, 2012, 02:05:05 am »

Then it is the end of times, and the world will turn into a post-apocalyptic hellscape. So we'd be fucked either way.
Welcome to Reality.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13767 on: August 02, 2012, 02:10:57 am »

Then it is the end of times, and the world will turn into a post-apocalyptic hellscape. So we'd be fucked either way.
Principles, man. Principles...
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13768 on: August 02, 2012, 02:32:14 am »

Let's follow this line of logic...

"Most people aren't criminals. The defendant has done nothing criminal before, either. Therefore, he cannot be brought to trial for anything he does."
"Most computers work. This particular computer has never broken down before. Therefore, it should not be expected to break down in the future."
"Most email attachments don't contain viruses. This sender has never sent me a virus before. Therefore, I can turn off my anti virus software when opening their emails."

Valve is full of Cool Dudes. I like 'em as a company. But they don't get a "Get Out of Lawsuits Free" card for it. No one does or should.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13769 on: August 02, 2012, 10:36:52 am »

FUCK SHIT BADGER TURDS GODDAMN!
I WAS PLAYING THIS AWESOME GAME CALLED DRAGON QUEST 9.
MY PARTY, COMPOSED OF A MINSTREL, AA MARTIAL ARTIST, A MAGE, AND A WARRIOR WAS KICKING ASS
WE SAVED SOME OLD FART THAT ATE A MAGIC FRUIT FROM TURNING INTO A CELL RIPOFF.
THEN WE DID SOME FUCK RETARDED QUESTS.
FIRST QUEST: EGG ON A PARTY MEMBER TO MAXIMUM TENSION FIVE TIMES.
SEE RETARDED SHIT, BUT I GOT SOME SWEET LOOT FOR IT: A SWAG ASS SHIRT FOR MY MINSTREL
THEN WE DID ANOTHER QUEST TO UNLOCK THE ELEMENTALIST(MAGEBLADE) CLASS
KILL TWO FUCKING METAL SLIMES WILE YOU HAVE A WIZARD WARD ERECTED,BUT THE PERSON WHO ERECTS THE WARD HAS TO KILL THE SLIME.
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO NEVER PLAYED DRAGON QUEST METAL SLIMES ARE STUPID LITTLE SHITS THAT HAVE LOW HP, RETARDEDLY HIGH DEFENSE, AND GIVE TONS OF EXPERIENCE POINTS
BUT THEY LOVE TO RUN AWAY AND THEY ARE RARE SPAWNS
QUE SCOOBY DOO CHASE SCENE.
I FINALLY KILL THE LITTLE BASTARDS AND DECIDED TO SAVE THE GAME BACK AT THE CHURCH
SAVE DATA COULD NOT BE ACCESSED PLEASE TURN OFF THE DS.
I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST FUCKING SCREAM!!!
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 3345