Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 915 916 [917] 918 919 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709548 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: The Unbinding Of Akura!
« Reply #13740 on: July 31, 2012, 03:50:39 pm »

Mouse wheel is acting up again, this is immensely frustrating. Sometimes when I scroll the wheel it works perfectly, sometimes it doesn't work at all, and sometimes it works, but only for some of the clicks. This is in many ways more irritating than if it didn't work at all.

I'm also completely unsure how to fix this, a bit of googling suggests it might be an issue with the mouse drivers, but uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them didn't help and I'm not sure what else to do.

I love computers, but I really wish it didn't take so much fiddling to get them working smoothly.
It could be the physical mouse that is acting up (but it also might not be).
I personally would recommend a new mouse, unless your current one is super awesome besides that I suppose.
It's a fairly new mouse, only a few months old, and I actually had this exact issue before and discovered it was caused by adobe acrobat reader and a firefox plugin. But now it's started happening again and I'm not sure why.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13741 on: July 31, 2012, 04:00:39 pm »

Checked for crud next to the scroll wheel?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13742 on: July 31, 2012, 04:32:38 pm »

Well, I looked at the mouse wheel and there didn't seem to be any crud around it... I figured there might be something in the inner mechanisms, but I didn't feel like taking it apart to have a look so I just experimentally tried blowing into the cracks as hard as I could... This actually seemed to work, go Nintendo cartridge repair power?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13743 on: July 31, 2012, 06:18:56 pm »

Well, I looked at the mouse wheel and there didn't seem to be any crud around it... I figured there might be something in the inner mechanisms, but I didn't feel like taking it apart to have a look so I just experimentally tried blowing into the cracks as hard as I could... This actually seemed to work, go Nintendo cartridge repair power?

Every problem can be solved by blowing.

:|
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13744 on: July 31, 2012, 06:29:35 pm »

:|
to keep this rage worthy, go tell this to my gf

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #13745 on: July 31, 2012, 06:31:26 pm »

into the OOC thread with you!

EDIT: actually, I think derm would have my head.
S'okay, I did it for you.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #13746 on: July 31, 2012, 07:12:41 pm »

Mouse wheel is acting up again, this is immensely frustrating. Sometimes when I scroll the wheel it works perfectly, sometimes it doesn't work at all, and sometimes it works, but only for some of the clicks. This is in many ways more irritating than if it didn't work at all.

I'm also completely unsure how to fix this, a bit of googling suggests it might be an issue with the mouse drivers, but uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them didn't help and I'm not sure what else to do.

I love computers, but I really wish it didn't take so much fiddling to get them working smoothly.
I personally would recommend a new mouse, unless your current one is super awesome besides that I suppose.
It's a fairly new mouse, only a few months old, and I actually had this exact issue before and discovered it was caused by adobe acrobat reader and a firefox plugin. But now it's started happening again and I'm not sure why.

I hate Adobe so much.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13747 on: July 31, 2012, 07:14:20 pm »

I hate Adobe so much.
SUPPORT HTML5, KILL THE ADOBE BEAST AND HIS FRIEND HAWT JAVA

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Punchonomics Edition
« Reply #13748 on: July 31, 2012, 07:34:57 pm »

Whoever decided it was a good idea to leave the front door open one hour before the train leaves with the cat loose inside...

You're now responsible for the new hole in the door. And the pain medication for my head.

Good luck finding your cat, man. :( I know you mentioned it in another thread, just thought I'd say that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13749 on: July 31, 2012, 10:31:02 pm »

I got a new phone with a new carrier and I needed to set up my voicemail. Unlike with the previous carrier,  a password is mandatory. And, through trial and error, I find out that the password has to be a number and has to be random. And it cuts me off if I enter things too fast or don't enter numbers quick enough for it's liking, so I had to go through the whole thing several times.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #13750 on: July 31, 2012, 11:17:29 pm »

There exists an Abridged Oxford English Dictionary. This appalls me.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13751 on: August 01, 2012, 02:15:35 am »

Someone accidentally spilled a lot of water onto my phone, but the perpetrator has yet to reveal themselves and I am left trying to follow a trail of clues until I find out who did it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13752 on: August 01, 2012, 01:25:55 pm »

TSC Tag Printers.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Temperamental pieces of shit with way too many things that need to be calibrated and configured purely on the software side alone. And nothing like having a colorblind customer who has to interpret blinking LED codes for you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13753 on: August 01, 2012, 08:17:04 pm »

TSC Tag Printers.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Temperamental pieces of shit with way too many things that need to be calibrated and configured purely on the software side alone. And nothing like having a colorblind customer who has to interpret blinking LED codes for you.
"PC Load Letter"? What the fuck does that mean?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13754 on: August 01, 2012, 09:00:27 pm »

Apparently today was Chik-Fil-A day, and it caused quite a ruckus in my super-extreme conservative section of the Southeast. The ENTIRE HIGHWAY leading up to our town's only Chik-Fil-A was backed up for multiple miles by people wanting to support Chik-Fil-A's moral crusade against the sins of homosexuals. My dad and I had to sort of keep our mouths shut about it as we worked around town today.

We are secret liberals.
Pages: 1 ... 915 916 [917] 918 919 ... 3345