Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 912 913 [914] 915 916 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709374 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Punchonomics Edition
« Reply #13695 on: July 30, 2012, 04:07:16 am »

AAGH B12 SPACE PROGRAM GET OUT OF MY MIND
What is this and why have I not heard of it?
General DF discusion. There was a slight derail. The topic you're looking for is How many people play dwarf fortress.
Slight derail? SLIGHT DERAIL? The Derail was large enough that if it was physical it would knock earth out of orbit!

That's why it was only a slight derail.

And the derail only got interesting after the pictures were added. :D Awesome pictures.
Yeah, that was an awesome rendition of LW, i never even imagined his avatar from the side :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #13696 on: July 30, 2012, 10:04:14 am »

I managed to FUBAR my window manager. Again.
[/post]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13697 on: July 30, 2012, 10:11:25 am »

Tried to do some TF2lobby with friends.
Got in a game as pyro, with a friend, yay!
I tried to connect 3 times but fucking tf2 kept getting stuck at retrieving server info.
Everybody else gets in and i'm fucking replaced. Fuck valve.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13698 on: July 30, 2012, 03:24:31 pm »

Playing some DF. Fort's first siege, send the military out, guess what happens literally on the first blow of the battle?
The Goblin Lasher punches The Recruit in the head with his right hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
The Recruit has been knocked unconscious!
The Recruit has been struck down.

Doesn't help that they're lashers. We're all going to die.
e: Oh boy, in less than 3 turns, another dwarf is dead. Lashers, man.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13699 on: July 30, 2012, 04:06:42 pm »

As masters of the whips, I'm pretty sure the gobbos are Legendary gimps by now.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13700 on: July 30, 2012, 04:17:07 pm »

That "torture for fun" tag ain't for nothing.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13701 on: July 30, 2012, 05:20:06 pm »

There are so. many. spiders. in this house. I'm fine with spiders as long as they're sitting in their webs in corners and stuff. But this is getting to the point where if I pick up something that's been sitting on the ground for a few days, it's likely to have a spider under it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13702 on: July 30, 2012, 05:46:18 pm »

It's like that but with earwigs in my house right now. Little fuckers are everywhere this year, more than I've ever seen before. There were even two sitting inside the bread's plastic bag today, which I hadn't opened for just 12 hours or so. I have no idea how they managed to find their way into it. And my cat seem to spend whole nights hunting them, so there's always a few new carcasses lying around the house ever morning.
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13703 on: July 30, 2012, 07:11:37 pm »

Internet keeps going out intermittently

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13704 on: July 30, 2012, 07:14:23 pm »

Consistently?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13705 on: July 30, 2012, 07:46:21 pm »

Couldn't remember my PayPal password and had to change it. When prompted to enter a new password found out that for security PayPal will only accept passwords that cannot be remembered and I'm probably gonna have to reset my password every time I use the ****ing thing.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13706 on: July 30, 2012, 07:48:14 pm »

Couldn't remember my PayPal password and had to change it. When prompted to enter a new password found out that for security PayPal will only accept passwords that cannot be remembered and I'm probably gonna have to reset my password every time I use the ****ing thing.
Write it down.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13707 on: July 30, 2012, 07:55:09 pm »

Consistently?

Inconsistently, but often, like falling down stairs. It keeps happening.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13708 on: July 30, 2012, 08:13:06 pm »

Write it down.

That's what I did. But I don't use PayPal very often, so I'm left with two options: either write it down physically where it will almost certainly get lost by the time I need it again, or write it down in a file on my computer. I did the latter, which means that any hacker that gets into my computer will be able to get my paypal information, which probably more than cancels out anything gained by requiring excessive length and the inclusion non-alphanumeric characters. It is this last fact that is most rage inducing; The fact that overall the policy serves no useful purpose whatsoever.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13709 on: July 30, 2012, 08:15:02 pm »

Perhaps you should find a way to encrypt what you have written down.
So that only hackers who aren't lazy can use it?
Pages: 1 ... 912 913 [914] 915 916 ... 3345