Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709272 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Punchonomics Edition
« Reply #13620 on: July 26, 2012, 09:52:47 pm »

associate's degree in English
As an owner of a bachelor's in English, I strongly urge you to find a different field of study.  Namely, one that has jobs.
I'm also working on Journalism, and then I'm going to leverage my technology background (the HP on my resume) to write about technology. All the while, I'm going to keep taking college classes in everything that way I can write about science, philosophy, art, etc...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #13621 on: July 26, 2012, 10:40:44 pm »

After the lasr diablo 3 update, I have had no less than 3 bluescreens and 4 crashed to desktop in that game.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13622 on: July 26, 2012, 10:49:05 pm »

I've had little trouble running path of exile in the meantime :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13623 on: July 26, 2012, 11:47:05 pm »

Indeed, Path of Exile has been incredibly stable, hasn't crashed once to my memory, and there's even a free weekend starting in 20 hours.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13624 on: July 27, 2012, 06:30:17 am »

Going to be mostly inactive on here again for an indefinite period of time.  I was just informed today at work that I'll be put on written warning next time I'm caught on the internet, which is one step away from fired.  Spent most of my day passing out repeatedly from extreme braindeadness, despite running on a good 8.5 hours of sleep.  Such will be my daily routine for the foreseeable future.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13625 on: July 27, 2012, 06:41:23 am »

Rage//Terror//venting

It seems in the last five years two residents were kicked for dubious reasons. Even one would be extraordinary

Granted that none of them were from my department but still. The fact that you can get shafted without warning makes me feel unsafe. I spent the last year of med school terrified of something going wrong at the last minute, and when it was finally over I was terrified with something going wrong with the residency exam. Now I thought it was safe, but it seems that no matter what I do there's a sword of Damocles over my head. The fact that this kind of event is rare, or that at the moment people are happy with my performancr, or that  I'm popular with residents and permanent staff are irrelevant, as the implicit threat is there, and I don't feel safe.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13626 on: July 27, 2012, 06:47:10 am »

What exactly happened to get them kicked?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13627 on: July 27, 2012, 08:00:23 am »

Thats the shining jewel: NOTHING happened. In theory we are supposed to have more or less armored contracts, but there are humongous gaps in them. The latest one, which is taking place now, happened because, despite having all around positive evaluations, her boss came around with some "she doesn'relate with her peers" BS (lies, btw).
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13628 on: July 27, 2012, 08:03:50 am »

Even if that were a true accusation, it doesn't even have anything to do with being able to practice medicine!

Why would they be kicking people out for no reason anyway? There isn't exactly an overabundance of practitioners.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13629 on: July 27, 2012, 09:36:20 am »

The goddam church bells near work have been ringing since 1500. Its now 38 minutes later.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13630 on: July 27, 2012, 09:37:27 am »

Get noise-cancelling headphones? File a noise complaint?
No Gods, No Masters.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13631 on: July 27, 2012, 09:45:06 am »

I'm at work, noise-cancelling headphones would be out the question really. Filing a complaint would be a little extreme too :D It was probably for some divas wedding or possibly for the Olympics. Something similar was done this morning with Big Ben in London.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13632 on: July 27, 2012, 09:47:24 am »

Yeah it was some kind of thing to mark the "12 hours until opening ceremony".
Probably some local custom about bells and warding off evil spirits. They're a primitive, superstitious lot, those Brits.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13633 on: July 27, 2012, 09:48:37 am »

Don't call me primitive, I'll have you know my cave has all the cool and hip gadgets such as the latest version of fire!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:52:58 am by Briggsy16 »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13634 on: July 27, 2012, 09:54:16 am »

Don't call me primitive, I'll have you know my cave has all the cool and hip gadgets such as the latest version of fire!
Got windows 3.1 on the walls too?
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 3345