Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 906 907 [908] 909 910 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709211 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: LIKE A DOG! Edition
« Reply #13605 on: July 26, 2012, 01:27:34 am »

associate's degree in English
As an owner of a bachelor's in English, I strongly urge you to find a different field of study.  Namely, one that has jobs.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Punchonomics Edition
« Reply #13606 on: July 26, 2012, 01:40:27 am »

Ordering pizza by phone. The hold music is nice, but they interrupt it every 30 seconds to tell me "Thank a so much for waiting! We know you're hungry, and we'll be with you as soon as possible.". And the music just cuts off when it loops to the start.

No, that is not a typo. I think the recording glitched, because it does a weird little jumpy bit there.
くコ:彡

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13607 on: July 26, 2012, 11:59:36 am »

It was fucking hot here in belgium.
So i hear on the TV, that a baby died in the car of its dad, because the dad FORGOT TO TAKE THE BABY TO THE CRECHE.
SERIOUSLY, WTF?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13608 on: July 26, 2012, 12:01:15 pm »

That happens at least once a year in my area. Usually it doesn't end in a death, but every once in a while...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13609 on: July 26, 2012, 12:04:42 pm »

Not sure what the creche is referring to (school/nursery type thing for young'uns in Belgium?), but we lose a few kids (or at least come close to it) yearly in Florida due to parents leaving them in cars while they go to the store or whathaveyou. You'd think it'd be incredibly obvious how bad an idea it is to leave a child in an enclosed space in summer heat, but apparently not obvious enough for some people.

If there's any crime for which sterilization is an appropriate response, something like that is it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13610 on: July 26, 2012, 12:05:13 pm »

It was fucking hot here in belgium.
Hear hear. I had to change shirts three times this morning alone. And I woke up at around 10AM.

E: A creche is a daycare centre.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13611 on: July 26, 2012, 12:08:33 pm »

Yeah, I've heard of similar before. I have once or twice forgotten to strap my kid into their car seat, but never actually forgotten there's a child in the car with me. I don't understand how the hell that happens unless you're drunk or high.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13612 on: July 26, 2012, 12:08:47 pm »

If I recall correctly, about 700 children in the US die of being left in cars every year. A lot of the time it's infants and newborns, they can't take much heat and what the parent perceives as a quick absence is enough to kill.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13613 on: July 26, 2012, 12:09:59 pm »

Eh, you know how it is. Irresponsible parent wants to go shopping, and leaves the kid in the car as a cheap form of babysitting.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13614 on: July 26, 2012, 01:57:41 pm »

Ordering pizza by phone. The hold music is nice, but they interrupt it every 30 seconds to tell me "Thank a so much for waiting! We know you're hungry, and we'll be with you as soon as possible.". And the music just cuts off when it loops to the start.

No, that is not a typo. I think the recording glitched, because it does a weird little jumpy bit there.
I could not hep but read that in Mario's voice, which made me think of this.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13615 on: July 26, 2012, 02:05:11 pm »

Wich in turn made my day. Thank you for linking that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13616 on: July 26, 2012, 02:06:28 pm »

Y'know...I think I've *been* to that pizza parlor. It was in Poughkeepsie. Two older Italian guys who were walking stereotypes.
Best. Fucking. Pizza. Ever.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13617 on: July 26, 2012, 09:05:06 pm »

Y'know...I think I've *been* to that pizza parlor. It was in Poughkeepsie. Two older Italian guys who were walking stereotypes.
Best. Fucking. Pizza. Ever.

See, stereotypes aren't always bad. Sometimes they make good pizza. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13618 on: July 26, 2012, 09:12:32 pm »

Soapbox time: Stereotypes are only bad when applied. They're bad when they're used as a basis for inductive reasoning; ie, you belong to this group, so you must follow this group's stereotype.  There's nothing wrong with acting stereotypical, so please punch anyone in the face who says stuff along the lines of "stop being stereotypical" or "stop making us look bad." That's both victim blaming and being apologetic to association fallacies.

End soapbox.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13619 on: July 26, 2012, 09:31:53 pm »

Soapbox time: Stereotypes are only bad when applied. They're bad when they're used as a basis for inductive reasoning; ie, you belong to this group, so you must follow this group's stereotype.  There's nothing wrong with acting stereotypical, so please punch anyone in the face who says stuff along the lines of "stop being stereotypical" or "stop making us look bad." That's both victim blaming and being apologetic to association fallacies.

End soapbox.

This. And judging people for acting stereotypical usually just means they shouldn't act like stereotypes you don't like. I've seen stereotypical nerds criticizing stereotypical girls, talking about how horrible it is to fulfill a stereotype. Stereotypical bros criticizing stereotypical gays, stereotypical Christians criticizing stereotypical blacks... the list goes on.
Pages: 1 ... 906 907 [908] 909 910 ... 3345