Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708927 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: LIKE A DOG! Edition
« Reply #13590 on: July 25, 2012, 05:52:38 pm »

I have a really big problem. I am stuck in a place where I constantly feel like I have to argue with idiot conservatives (who are wrong about almost everything) and idiot liberals (who are wrong about gun control).

Tell all the conservatives you're a muslim, and all the liberals your a fundamentalist christian. Either they'll leave you alone or you'll get lynched. Either way, better than arguing with them, right?

Also, handguns should be illegal but shotguns should be mandatory. Only way gun control will ever work out right. No one messes with someone who has a shotgun, and if EVERYONE has a shotgun... :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13591 on: July 25, 2012, 06:34:26 pm »

I'm not surprised to see Oak Ridge listed as a secondary target most places I go to look at maps, but I am surprised to see Memphis. I guess it's a major population center, I don't know.

And, of course, according to most places I'm going to, if they decide to go after tertiary, I've got a target just south and another just south/west of me.

No idea why Signal Mountain is a tertiary target though. I don't think it's even a population center target, it's a suburb of the target just south of me (Chattanooga.)

There are nuclear plants in Tennessee, would be my guess.

Signal Mountain though I find strange too. I used to live on Signal Mountain, and my dad still does. He'll be tickled pink to know the mountain is designated a tertiary target (albeit by an ancient survey.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13592 on: July 25, 2012, 06:43:59 pm »

Well, Signal Mountain certainly sounds like an important military installation. Maybe FEMA thought the Soviets would take it at face value?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13593 on: July 25, 2012, 06:53:02 pm »

I'm not surprised to see Oak Ridge listed as a secondary target most places I go to look at maps, but I am surprised to see Memphis. I guess it's a major population center, I don't know.

And, of course, according to most places I'm going to, if they decide to go after tertiary, I've got a target just south and another just south/west of me.

No idea why Signal Mountain is a tertiary target though. I don't think it's even a population center target, it's a suburb of the target just south of me (Chattanooga.)

There are nuclear plants in Tennessee, would be my guess.

Signal Mountain though I find strange too. I used to live on Signal Mountain, and my dad still does. He'll be tickled pink to know the mountain is designated a tertiary target (albeit by an ancient survey.)

Oddly enough, the only nuclear plant near Chattanooga (Sequoyah) is about 20 miles north of here, and isn't on the lists, and it's not near enough to Chattanooga or Signal Mountain for it to be considered a reason for them being a target.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13594 on: July 25, 2012, 07:21:58 pm »

Clearly I lived on top of a secret government facility buried deep inside Signal Mountain for half my childhood, and didnt realize it.

Either that or Russia really dislikes my dad my family for some reason. Can't seem to move out of a strike zone :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13595 on: July 25, 2012, 07:29:45 pm »

Why must I have no sense of rhythm?! Argh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13596 on: July 25, 2012, 07:55:43 pm »

Sick and tired of dealing with the shenanigans my community college is constantly peppering me with. I've been there for a year and a half. I've qualified for the Pell grant each semester because my income is so low as to be called "pitiful" by the student aid office. I'm sitting at almost half of the poverty line for Michigan, including just my daughter and I in the household. If I were to actually include the whole household, we would be nearing a third of the official poverty line, from underneath.

Why is it so hard for me to get student aid!? I'm fully qualified for the Pell, I turned in all the paperwork months ago, I've turned in multiple copies of most of the paperwork because those idiots keep losing shit, and I'm still not registered for aid! I'm seriously considering just going to the school I need to transfer to and saying fuck community college. I can't even get an associate's degree in English in this place.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13597 on: July 25, 2012, 08:24:56 pm »

Sick and tired of dealing with the shenanigans my community college is constantly peppering me with. I've been there for a year and a half. I've qualified for the Pell grant each semester because my income is so low as to be called "pitiful" by the student aid office. I'm sitting at almost half of the poverty line for Michigan, including just my daughter and I in the household. If I were to actually include the whole household, we would be nearing a third of the official poverty line, from underneath.

Why is it so hard for me to get student aid!? I'm fully qualified for the Pell, I turned in all the paperwork months ago, I've turned in multiple copies of most of the paperwork because those idiots keep losing shit, and I'm still not registered for aid! I'm seriously considering just going to the school I need to transfer to and saying fuck community college. I can't even get an associate's degree in English in this place.

Punch them in the face, MZ. Right in the face. Then transfer far far away.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13598 on: July 25, 2012, 08:27:36 pm »

Ah, the good ol' Punch and Run.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13599 on: July 25, 2012, 08:38:58 pm »

I can't go too far, unfortunately, or I'd get the hell out of dodge and take my daughter with me.

Also, for once in my life, I don't think punching anything is really going to help my situation. I mean, unless I can punch money out of people.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13600 on: July 25, 2012, 08:40:56 pm »

Mario punches stuff and coins come out all the time. I don't see why the same wouldn't apply here.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13601 on: July 25, 2012, 08:44:03 pm »

I think it's called "mugging", right?
You hit people and money pops out? Along with screams and pleas for mercy, but those are rather less valuable...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13602 on: July 25, 2012, 08:45:29 pm »

You hit people and money pops out? Along with screams and pleas for mercy, but those are rather less valuable if it's not being filmed...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13603 on: July 25, 2012, 08:46:19 pm »

If you could put those in a bottle, would they be worth more?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13604 on: July 25, 2012, 09:10:41 pm »

You hit people and money pops out? Along with screams and pleas for mercy, but those are rather less valuable if it's not being filmed...

This is awesome and I approve wholeheartedly.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 3345