Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708602 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: LIKE A DOG! Edition
« Reply #13455 on: July 21, 2012, 08:40:42 am »

Nothing like a guillotine above your neck to inspire family love.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13456 on: July 21, 2012, 09:38:26 am »

Blaagh. My hands feel sleepy.
As weird as it sounds, it's true; I feel fine and alert (compared to usual, at least), but my hands feel tired. :-\
It is annoying.

Also, '+1'ing the ANNOYING PARENTS thing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #13457 on: July 21, 2012, 09:51:14 am »

I CAN'T GO TO SLEEP  :'(
I need to sleep and wake early for me to play games with the Bay12 Mabinogi group, above others. Not been able to go to sleep for fifty minutes.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: VROOM VROOM! Edition
« Reply #13458 on: July 21, 2012, 10:39:44 am »

While sitting in a truck, I see a bumper sticker that says "Catholics for Obama". While certainly not something to rage about, the driver decides to point out "You won't be saying that when they force you to abort your kid". If it wasn't for the fact that he was driving a truck heavily laden with food for the poor, on a very busy highway, I'd have hit him in the head for that.

Also, my computer deciding to randomly reorganize my desktop icons. I didn't touch anything to make it do that. A quick hard reset fixed it, though.

Ewww. That sucks. I work in produce and I see rotted food all the damn time. Potatoes are the worst to have go rotten. Most other stuff grows a bit of mold or some fuzzy white feathery mold, or just turns gross colors. Potatoes liquify and produce this nasty nasty smell. That's how I find them, just stand by the potatoes and sniff a couple times.
Humans haven't really needed or used scent to the extent of its abilities in centuries, but this is one case where even our pathetic sense of smell is useful.
Tell me about it. We're getting craploads of craploads of potatoes in, among other produce, and some of it is already bad when we get it. Or at least, when we get to it, a few days later.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: July 21, 2012, 10:42:15 am »

While sitting in a truck, I see a bumper sticker that says "Catholics for Obama". While certainly not something to rage about, the driver decides to point out "You won't be saying that when they force you to abort your kid". If it wasn't for the fact that he was driving a truck heavily laden with food for the poor, on a very busy highway, I'd have hit him in the head for that.

Also, my computer deciding to randomly reorganize my desktop icons. I didn't touch anything to make it do that. A quick hard reset fixed it, though.

Ewww. That sucks. I work in produce and I see rotted food all the damn time. Potatoes are the worst to have go rotten. Most other stuff grows a bit of mold or some fuzzy white feathery mold, or just turns gross colors. Potatoes liquify and produce this nasty nasty smell. That's how I find them, just stand by the potatoes and sniff a couple times.
Humans haven't really needed or used scent to the extent of its abilities in centuries, but this is one case where even our pathetic sense of smell is useful.
Tell me about it. We're getting craploads of craploads of potatoes in, among other produce, and some of it is already bad when we get it. Or at least, when we get to it, a few days later.
Have you seen bad onions? They liquify into this weird black goop.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: July 21, 2012, 10:57:05 am »

Seen them? The other day I was bagging them. It's a bitch to clean off.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: July 21, 2012, 11:50:41 am »

Yeah, most fruit isn't so bad when it rots, just gets soft and moldy. It seems vegetables, and tubers in particular get really nasty really fast.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: July 21, 2012, 07:06:46 pm »

So I'm working on my homework for sculpture class.  It requires an oven because you have to bake certain parts before others, that way you don't end up squishing a section you finished.  I was alternating between baking and going out to the garage to put more on when suddenly my brother sets the oven to 400 before I'm about to put a new piece in.  I check inside, there's nothing in there.  I ask him to get his cooking over with, he says nothing but walks to the kitchen.

I check back later, and he's put in THREE SALMON STEAKS in the freaken oven.  Those things are freaken' expensive and in absolutely no way does he need to cook all three.  Our family saves those for big dinners.  No exceptions.  And he just randomly threw them in for lunch 'cause apparently he can't figure out how to apply normal things like ham slices to bread slices like the rest of us.  I so want to beat the living daylights out of him so bad.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: July 21, 2012, 07:41:22 pm »

Did... did he at least season them? Does he have a dill garnish ready, or zested orange in with an asian sauce? Waste of good food (and money) like that makes me rage...

Especially because salmon, or any fish for that matter, doesn't keep.

(Edited for freshness)
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: July 21, 2012, 08:11:31 pm »

Yeah, most fruit isn't so bad when it rots, just gets soft and moldy. It seems vegetables, and tubers in particular get really nasty really fast.

You haven't known fear until you've had to fight zucchini / courgette blossom end rot.
Reach down to pick up a huge zucchini, and feel your hands curl around a squelchy smelly half of it.

D:

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13465 on: July 22, 2012, 12:00:51 am »

*Shudders*
Today we checked some wrapped cucumbers. They felt like rubber. Cucumber is supposed to snap crisply if you bend it. These literally were like rubber. Needless to say, we threw them away.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: July 22, 2012, 01:56:22 am »

When I was a kid in first grade, I left a orange in the back of my cubby. When it was cleaned out at the end of the year, there was only white dust (AKA fungus left.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #13467 on: July 22, 2012, 07:07:17 am »

Typing out an eloquent post in a debate going on in a thread on another forum (not Bay12). I'd been typing it out for an hour. I click the button to post. Suddenly error. The post didn't even get posted. Cue me screaming on the inside "FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK".

From now on, i'm copying my posts to the clipboard before i post, because FUCK.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13468 on: July 22, 2012, 07:19:49 am »

Typing out an eloquent post in a debate going on in a thread on another forum (not Bay12). I'd been typing it out for an hour. I click the button to post. Suddenly error. The post didn't even get posted. Cue me screaming on the inside "FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK".

From now on, i'm copying my posts to the clipboard before i post, because FUCK.
I feel your rage. That's nowadays pretty much the standard procedure for any post I write on any forum. Sometimes I even load up a text editor and write it there first for the relatively long posts I write. Better safe than sorry.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13469 on: July 22, 2012, 07:30:06 am »

Have you seen bad onions? They liquify into this weird black goop.
I recently came back from "vacation" and the first thing I noticed when I opened the cupboard was the stench of onions. The onions had been working on their bomb for over a month.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 3345