Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708218 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: VROOM VROOM! Edition
« Reply #13335 on: July 16, 2012, 07:53:53 pm »

Get a bindle with some limburger in it. The cheese is flavored by the same bacteria that produce human body odor, and apparently this fools mosquitoes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13336 on: July 16, 2012, 08:06:21 pm »

Or, google your model of computer. You'll probably come up with a spec sheet.
problem: we need the model.

guess what I don't know? All I know is it's ASUS.
If'n you're running Windows 7, click the start menu/orb thingy, right click computer, select properties. It should show up on the next screen.

Spoiler: Should look like this. (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13337 on: July 16, 2012, 08:15:46 pm »

That's not always there.

My laptop, for example, doesn't have it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13338 on: July 16, 2012, 08:18:34 pm »

Not everyone actually has a face-puncher to make sure its easy to find the backup model number, MZ ;D
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13339 on: July 16, 2012, 08:18:43 pm »

Well, doesn't that just suck. It should be printed on the bottom, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13340 on: July 16, 2012, 08:19:58 pm »

But that involves moving the computer! :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13341 on: July 16, 2012, 08:20:47 pm »

Not everyone actually has a face-puncher to make sure its easy to find the backup model number, MZ ;D
Wait, you don't have hands!?

But that involves moving the computer! :P
Suddenly this makes sense. :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13342 on: July 16, 2012, 08:25:50 pm »

Wait, you don't have hands!?
Nah, the job face-puncher. You punch people with your charisma if they make a computer that isn't labeled completely because you sell them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13343 on: July 16, 2012, 08:26:17 pm »

In XP, at least, you can go to Start, click Run, and enter "dxdiag" and it should tell you basically the same stuff.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13344 on: July 16, 2012, 08:52:08 pm »

That works in Win7, too.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13345 on: July 16, 2012, 08:54:47 pm »

I remember having to remotely document a bunch of computers before through a managed services contract.  Our remote management software did a great job pulling the information from 7 of the buisnesses we managed.  It was just cut and paste.

But one business, was using systems that it could not pull any information at all from.  They were stock computers, (HP iirc) but they were apperantly just designed to not report any kind of hardware information to any program, including windows for some things.  I got ram information, but while the size was right the type was wrong.  I actually couldn't pull all the information remotely and had to make a visit after hours to get it all off the damn cases manually.

These people who design these systems that don't report hardware information need to be sat down in front of remote software monitoring half a dozen of them and be given 10 minutes to identify the model numbers or be shocked with electricity and have to start again from scratch, over and over again until they identify them all within the time limit.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13346 on: July 17, 2012, 08:51:37 am »

Argh. Just went out to go for my nightly run around the block, and it's bucketing down with rain. :(
It's annoying being deaf and unable to tell if it's raining from inside. I guess I shall watch some more episodes of South Park; I don't have enough internet credit left to hang out here. Again, ARRRGH.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13347 on: July 17, 2012, 10:00:05 am »

I've been feeling rather poor when I went to my workouts in the morning, so I decided to eat a pear and some orange juice.

I threw up. It wasn't even from me feeling exhausted, but after we got done weightlifting and went to conditioning, I just... stood to the side and threw up.

According to my friends the key is to drink milk, but the whole ordeal is just kind of pissing me off.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #13348 on: July 17, 2012, 10:39:02 am »

Company web filter. No, blocking me from Stackoverflow (reason: forums/newsgroups), my university email (reason: education), pandora (reason: N/A), a tutorial on a university website (reason: education), and dozens of other useful resources does not, in fact, help me get my programming work done. Naturally Bay12 is not blocked because why would they block a video game forum; that would make too much sense!

Most annoying bit is the filter is weird. Most days it blocks nothing, some it blocks a few useful sites, some it practically disables all useful websites. >_<

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13349 on: July 17, 2012, 10:42:40 am »

They bought a broken piece of crap, them?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 3345