Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 886 887 [888] 889 890 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708170 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: VROOM VROOM! Edition
« Reply #13305 on: July 14, 2012, 08:48:10 pm »

To be fair, urea is also found in sweat.
And gunpowder.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13306 on: July 14, 2012, 10:22:16 pm »

Holy fuck lord 1600ms lag?
This is the worst connection ever, I think I found a connection worse than orb's
Thank god for my att and Verizon phone

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13307 on: July 15, 2012, 03:57:37 am »

Playing legend of Grimrock.
It appears I have a little bit of lag, it isn't noticable during the game or combat 99.9% of the time.
However, when I need to go VERY FAST in anything other then a strait line, the game will screw with me (whats that, you want to go straight twice then turn right? Nope, you go straight three times then turn right, whats that, your pressing the buttons slower so you don't go too far forward, Nope, you will be .1 secs too slow for the puzzle because you had two .05 delays between pressing buttons), to the point where for a very simple puzzle that I already know how to do, will take twenty or thirty times to get it perfectly right so that the controls don't stick and I don't go just a tiny bit too slow because the controls are sticky.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13308 on: July 15, 2012, 04:09:23 am »

Motherfucking Grimrock how does it work.

No really I have no idea how to fight. I mean I could probably look it up online but I haven't had the opportunity yet.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13309 on: July 15, 2012, 04:18:35 am »

I get a ping of ~2000 on an AUSTRALIAN server that's hosted 30km from me. WHY IS THIS SO?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13310 on: July 15, 2012, 04:29:51 am »

1. KAG's netcode isnt exactly optimal
2. Mayby you are downloading things?
3. ISP's are greedy bastards.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13311 on: July 15, 2012, 04:48:53 am »

Combat is pretty simple, you right click on a hand with a weapon in it (or a empty hand for unarmed attacks), and you attack anyone in the square in front of you.
Melee can only take place in the front row (with a few exceptions eg. thief with assassination at 12, or using spears), so place your warriors at the front.
Enemies (excluding magic and elemental attacks) can only attack the two people directly in front of them (which is almost always your front two people unless you are surrounded or have your flank facing them), another reason to have your warriors in front is so they can tank any damage.
You use magic by right clicking on a mages hand/staff and using the rune combination of the spell (and if you have mana and the appropriate skill level, then you cast it), I don't think you start with any known spells though, so you simply have to find them in the dungeon.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13312 on: July 15, 2012, 04:50:56 am »

On the bright side, you apparently did not inherent The Crazy.
I wonder about that sometimes too.  If I get really stressed I start playing imaginary conversations in my head, daydream like.  A few are so gripping that I pretty much stare into space for a minute or two, clenching my teeth in anger, then suddenly I snap out of it and have to talk myself into forgetting about the daydream because it isn't real.  I'm also really absent minded.  I mean sure, I'm smart and everyone says I'm a very nice guy, but I honestly don't feel entirely... normal.  Or maybe that's a sign that there's nothing really wrong with me.

In other Crazy News, my schizo bro told me today that he often sees people with cloaking devices.  He apparently spots them just as they realize he sees them and then they turn "invisible," often right in front of him?  I don't even know anymore.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13313 on: July 15, 2012, 04:56:51 am »

Combat is pretty simple, you right click on a hand with a weapon in it (or a empty hand for unarmed attacks), and you attack anyone in the square in front of you.
Melee can only take place in the front row (with a few exceptions eg. thief with assassination at 12, or using spears), so place your warriors at the front.
Enemies (excluding magic and elemental attacks) can only attack the two people directly in front of them (which is almost always your front two people unless you are surrounded or have your flank facing them), another reason to have your warriors in front is so they can tank any damage.
You use magic by right clicking on a mages hand/staff and using the rune combination of the spell (and if you have mana and the appropriate skill level, then you cast it), I don't think you start with any known spells though, so you simply have to find them in the dungeon.

Actually, you start with able to do fireball. The scrolls only serve to tell you the rune combination, but if you have the required skills for the spell, and know the rune combination, then you can cast it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13314 on: July 15, 2012, 12:06:59 pm »

Actually, you start with able to do fireball. The scrolls only serve to tell you the rune combination, but if you have the required skills for the spell, and know the rune combination, then you can cast it.
That'd imply that I had levels in Fire Magic.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:08:41 pm by Darvi »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13315 on: July 15, 2012, 12:10:37 pm »

The only levels I take are in punchin' folk. Possibly stabbin' folk.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13316 on: July 15, 2012, 12:12:32 pm »

"Punchin' Folk", the new music genre invented by MZ. Also "Stabbin' Folk", the music your head play the day after.
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13317 on: July 15, 2012, 12:17:44 pm »

"Punchin' Folk", the new music genre invented by MZ. Also "Stabbin' Folk", the music your head play the day after.
Yes, see, the secret to "Punchin' Folk" recordings is to make people believe that a recording studio is actually a local irish pub, and then stream in barely audible messages from the Westboro Baptist Church. Eventually, someone will start a fight, and the recording begins!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13318 on: July 15, 2012, 12:19:09 pm »

Drunk hipsters. More specifically, cleaning up a boat after about a thousand of them trash it while listening to some band which was also composed of drunk hipsters. Drunk hipsters: because basic hygiene and personal responsibility are too mainstream. It probably didn't help that I had to deal with it in the wee hours of the morning; but hey, at least I got some overtime.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13319 on: July 15, 2012, 12:21:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure any sufficiently drunk group of people would act similarly, hipsters or no.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 886 887 [888] 889 890 ... 3345