Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708076 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: VROOM VROOM! Edition
« Reply #13290 on: July 14, 2012, 04:09:23 pm »

The guilty one has a taste for human flesh. Knowing this, you dump a bunch of people in the middle of the ocean and wait for sharks to start eating them.
And in the process poison the sharks, it's brilliant!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13291 on: July 14, 2012, 04:15:05 pm »

This is starting to sound like some convoluted Dwarf Fortress plan to kill rampaging wildlife.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13292 on: July 14, 2012, 04:17:21 pm »

This is starting to sound like some convoluted Dwarf Fortress plan to kill rampaging wildlife.

I think that would have to involve a breeding program.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13293 on: July 14, 2012, 04:21:47 pm »

Hehe!
Unfortunately, mass-slaughtering everything larger than a roach and turning your embark into a barren wasteland is only funny in DF... In RL it's terrible.
I just had a thought, (not really related to what I was on about before) if more property development companies and suchlike played DF, maybe they'd get all their lust for environmental destruction out of their systems and pollution wouldn't be created at such a nasty rate... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13294 on: July 14, 2012, 04:41:46 pm »

But they don't lust after environmental destruction. They lust after money, and don't give a shit about the non-monetary costs.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13295 on: July 14, 2012, 06:53:59 pm »

What is wrong with my mother ._.  Today we went out to buy my late birthday present, a computer chair so I don't have to use the uncomfortable wooden ones around the house.  It's been about three months since my birthday.  I asked dad what a reasonable price would be, and he didn't give a solid answer but I knew that meant we'd have to see based on what we saw there.  I warned him that the pricier ones are made with better materials, thus last longer.  He seemed okay with that.  We got to the store, and lo and behold, my mother is trying to buy the cheapest, most uncomfortable, suckiest chairs in the store when I'm trying to get something that's mid-range but comfortable.  After we buy something actually reasonable and we get back home, my mom starts throwing a screaming fit (while cutting vegetables, mind you) because she had a price range in mind that she never mentioned, never hinted at, never communicated in any way until we were RIGHT THERE in the store STANDING IN FRONT OF THE STORE EMPLOYEES.  I don't even know what price she had in mind!  She swear her method when it comes to money goes something like this:

1)Overspend on her own crap
2)Complain when other people buy things
3)Never talk to family about money ever, especially budgeting
4)Freak out when someone buys something that messes up her carefully planned invisible budget
5)Break rule #3 when you're angry and scream about money and budgeting at the top of your lungs while trying to cut vegetables

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13296 on: July 14, 2012, 06:55:55 pm »

Euld, with the other stories you've told I am beginning to suspect your mother is mentally ill.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: July 14, 2012, 07:37:04 pm »

It's the moral responsibility of humanity to kill everything that fights back.
Oh, I'm certain the shark was acting in self defense :P
"Shark fin soup."
and the shark's fin is actually tasteless!

I've tried shark meat before, and found it tasted disgusting.
The shark I had was tender, moist, somewhat salty and delicious. It was rib meat, though, not the fin.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: July 14, 2012, 07:57:47 pm »

Euld, with the other stories you've told I am beginning to suspect your mother is mentally ill.
I've started to wonder about that too for a while.  After my older brother came down with schizophrenia and started exhibiting a lot of the same symptoms (but worse) it really got me thinking.  There's absolutely no chance of her seeking treatment or counseling though.  She's just like that.  Most normal people suspect themselves of being crazy or broken, while the crazy people say they're totally normal and everyone else is crazy.  My mom is definitely in the second group.  I've never heard her wholeheartedly apologize for anything and always complains about how nobody "organizes things right."  *sigh*  And apparently grandma (her mom) was very much like that too.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13299 on: July 14, 2012, 07:59:40 pm »

On the bright side, you apparently did not inherent The Crazy.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13300 on: July 14, 2012, 08:01:01 pm »

It's the moral responsibility of humanity to kill everything that fights back.
Oh, I'm certain the shark was acting in self defense :P
"Shark fin soup."
and the shark's fin is actually tasteless!

I've tried shark meat before, and found it tasted disgusting.
The shark I had was tender, moist, somewhat salty and delicious. It was rib meat, though, not the fin.

Sharks deal with osmoregulation by storing large amounts of urea in their tissue. So, the reason they taste bad is their meat is full of the same compound that's found in urine.

Coelocanths do a similar thing, which is one of the reasons they're not good eating.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13301 on: July 14, 2012, 08:05:05 pm »

That and they're so rare we thought they were extinct until 1938.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13302 on: July 14, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »

Haha, Max likes the taste of pee.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13303 on: July 14, 2012, 08:09:45 pm »

All the cool kids do.

Are you not a cool kid?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13304 on: July 14, 2012, 08:17:42 pm »

To be fair, urea is also found in sweat.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 3345