Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708238 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #13035 on: July 06, 2012, 10:50:16 am »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at slow drivers. I hate that SOOOO much. Please just GO THE SPEED LIMIT. I KNOW ITS AN UPPER LIMIT. I WANT TO GO THAT FAST DAMMIT, LET ME.

:-[ Hang on, I'm a slow driver! But with the bright yellow learner plates on the car you should probably expect that...

Well that's okay then, if you've got a big yellow motherfucking sign that says, "HEY! I GO SLOW! TRY NOT TO FOLLOW ME!" But if you're here in the states (where the kids drive like maniacs [me] and the old people drive like they have the rest of eternity to get to where they are going) then everyone has the same kind of plates. You can get a 'Permit Driver' sticker for your window, but there aren't any 'Permit Driver' plates. It'd be okay if they literally were not capable of driving a normal speed yet, I would understand that. But these people go, 'Meh, 45 is waaaaaaay too fast, despite the fact my speed-o-meter goes to a HUNDRED AND MOTHERFUCKING TWENTY.* I'ma go thirty.'

*-MPH, I think in KPH 45 is about 60 and 120 is like what, 180? 200?

Multiply m/h by about 1.5 (really 1.6) to get km/h.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13036 on: July 06, 2012, 10:55:35 am »

I learned in a standard, but I drive an automatic now, so I could be a bit biased on judging peope driving standards, except I know they have finer power management and more control over that little jump when you switch gears. Also, standards go just as... Frickin' fast as automatics if not faster.
And that's good. Speed limit = perfect. I only speed because I'm not scared and more than a little bit stupid.

Ninja'd: That's what I thought. So 60 and 180 would be (very roughly) correct-ish.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13037 on: July 06, 2012, 10:58:57 am »

5 miles = 8 km (well, 8.05, but you arent going to get a better integer conversion factor than that).

62 mph = 99.78 kmh.
This is a blank sig.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: July 06, 2012, 11:02:37 am »

And now I've been learned again. :P I might get the hang of these fancy metric thingies one day. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: July 06, 2012, 11:08:29 am »

Actually, the Fibonacci sequence is a good converter for rough estimates.

Miles1 1 2 3 5  8 13 21 34 55  89
Kilometers1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144

Starts being accurate at 2:3, where it's only 200m off.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13040 on: July 06, 2012, 11:12:14 am »

Actually, the Fibonacci sequence is a good converter for rough estimates.

Miles1 1 2 3 5  8 13 21 34 55  89
Kilometers1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144

Starts being accurate at 2:3, where it's only 200m off.

Oh wow. I can... I can actually do that one. You've taught me like three things today Barbarossa. :P
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: July 06, 2012, 11:13:35 am »

I've always thought announcing "I'M A NEW DRIVER" to everyone on the road was a bad idea.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: July 06, 2012, 11:39:58 am »

I dislike the whole "new driver" stuff less than the "baby on board" stickers - they really spoil my fun, preventing me from intentionally ramming other cars...  :-\
This is a blank sig.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: July 06, 2012, 11:53:13 am »

It's just like going into a multiplayer game and announcing to your teammates that you're new. From the start, nobody wants you on their team. Before you make any mistakes, everyone is already biased against you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13044 on: July 06, 2012, 11:55:16 am »

But in this case, "biased against you" means they give you plenty of space. In this game, "losing" means damage to your car (if not personal injuries).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: July 06, 2012, 11:56:54 am »

Well, unless its a good community or the server has some good friendly players on it that will teach you a few tips & tricks.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13046 on: July 06, 2012, 11:58:28 am »

Yeah, the one time I was in a car marked as a training car I had this guy tailgating me and honking at me constantly because I was going the speed limit. "Not wanting you on their team" here results in road rage.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: July 06, 2012, 01:58:47 pm »

People driving slower than the speed limit wouldn't be so bad if you could fucking get around them somehow.  I can be a little more forgiving on single lane roads where there are no options.  However, when there are multiple lanes STAY ON THE MOTHERFUCKING RIGHT.  NOTHING is more infuriating on the road than being stuck behind two people pacing each other at 15 under the speed limit, as if they are hell bent on intentionally fucking up everyone's day.  There is no goddamn excuse for that shit.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: July 06, 2012, 02:19:01 pm »

People driving slower than the speed limit wouldn't be so bad if so many idiots who don't understand driving didn't insist people should be driving at the roof limit or faster.
Love, scriver~

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13049 on: July 06, 2012, 03:35:41 pm »

My mom just walked in and said she was going to get a beer. The problem? She's trying to stay sober! HOW the hell is she going to get away from those drinks if she keeps buying them!? AAAAAAAAA
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 3345