Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708630 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12960 on: July 04, 2012, 01:51:27 pm »

The support beam between the doors is twisted, making the car unsafe for anything other than turning into a dirt track racecar or selling it for parts.
I should hope you already know which of these options is the correct one.
If it's legally her fault, which it should be, MZ's insurance shouldn't even come into the picture.
I live in a no fault state. I'll pay my deductable, and then my insurance will collect from her insurance, and I'll probably get my decuctable back.
Ah. In North Carolina the at-fault party's insurance pays for all damages directly.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12961 on: July 04, 2012, 01:56:08 pm »

The support beam between the doors is twisted, making the car unsafe for anything other than turning into a dirt track racecar or selling it for parts.
I should hope you already know which of these options is the correct one.
My dad is already ready to turn it into a short track monster.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12962 on: July 04, 2012, 02:05:35 pm »

I was just t-boned by a woman on her cellphone. She didn't see a stop sign, and plowed into me full bore.

Daughter and I are shaken up, but otherwise unhurt (I have some bruising on my ribs from smacking the driver's side door, but that doesn't really count.)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Ugh, what is it with Michigan drivers? I've been hit twice (once totaled), and barely dodged and weaved around at least two would-be collisions, from people ignoring signs and/or being distracted.

Sorry about the vehicle, but glad you and the wee moppet weren't injured. Make the visit to the doctor for both of you anyway, since even the physical shock of impact can cause issues. Better safe than sorry, and insurance should cover that expense too.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 02:08:18 pm by Solifuge »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12963 on: July 04, 2012, 02:13:03 pm »

I was just t-boned by a woman on her cellphone. She didn't see a stop sign, and plowed into me full bore.

Daughter and I are shaken up, but otherwise unhurt (I have some bruising on my ribs from smacking the driver's side door, but that doesn't really count.)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Ugh, what is it with Michigan drivers? I've been hit twice (once totaled), and barely dodged and weaved around at least two would-be collisions, from people ignoring signs and/or being distracted.

Sorry about the vehicle, but glad you and the wee moppet weren't injured. Make the visit to the doctor for both of you anyway, since even the physical shock of impact can cause issues. Better safe than sorry, and insurance should cover that expense too.
I have vehicle insurance, but no medical insurance (daughter is on Medicaid, so the exwife is going to take her for a checkup.) My ex's dad's girlfriend (could that be any more convoluted!?) is an RN, and checked us out right away. And yeah, about the near-crashes, I've gotten to the point where I don't even get mad about them anymore. I dodge probably one or two a week. Then again, I come from a long line of racecar drivers, so it's just second nature to drive in really close quarters with other cars.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12964 on: July 04, 2012, 02:20:27 pm »

I'm pretty sure the auto insurance (depending on your carrier) will cover medical expenses (even checkups) related to the incident, independent of medical insurance. I'd know, since I went in for some neck/back work a week after my accident, and they covered me, despite not having medical insurance at the time.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12965 on: July 04, 2012, 02:24:05 pm »

Sweet. I'll have to talk to my insurance dood about that.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12966 on: July 04, 2012, 02:26:11 pm »

Insurance agent specializing in auto and commercial insurance here, if you have any questions just shoot me a PM.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12967 on: July 04, 2012, 02:30:35 pm »

As the at-fault driver, if she is insured (which she is required to be by law) they will pay for any medical bills you incur as a result of the accident. Get EVERYTHING checked out prior to make sure you didn't incite a previously-existing condition into overdrive because of the accident, which the dumb b*tch is nonetheless legally liable for.

If she was un- or under-insured then your own policy will take care of that. I'm not sure how it works in Michigan but here in NJ you're obligated to have between 15,000 to 25,000 Personal Injury Protection (medical for you) coverage on each vehicle within your policy. If the incompetent driver's policy limits are low then there might be a problem, but all that is for each insurance company's lawyers to settle and not something you should worry about as everything will be solved without need of further involvement on your behalf. Am I correct when I assume that vehicle is a personal vehicle and thus covered by a personal auto policy? If so then you're taken care of.

tldr; she screwed up and now she will pay for her error. No worries, you're covered.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 02:32:17 pm by Ehndras »
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12968 on: July 04, 2012, 02:31:33 pm »

One can only hope, but I'm so used to fate screwing me over that it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

The worst part is, I didn't even get to punch anyone out.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 02:33:32 pm by MaximumZero »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12969 on: July 04, 2012, 02:36:54 pm »

Oh no, there is no need for hope. She is screwed and whether its from her company, your company, or her own pocket, your expenses WILL be paid.

Only the insurance companies can work out the upper limit on the coverages, but if anything pops up - headache, migraine, minor aches or pains, anything at all - get it checked out.

My mother is disabled today because she incurred a serious spinal injury in an accident but it didn't become apparent until it was no longer possible to get medical coverage since enough time had passed since the claim was made and treatment was done. When the injury finally became aggravated enough to merit serious treatment, it was too late. Today, she has to have spinal surgery but there's a 60% chance she'd die during surgery. As such, she told the doctors to go f*ck themselves and has been living with the pain and total disability for half a decade now. She can't do ANYTHING, when she's in the country to visit me I have to do everything from carry her bags to even open her water bottles, she no longer has the strength for any physical work at all nor can she walk more than a few blocks without going numb or having extreme pain.

Took 3 years for the symptoms to start setting in, so I advise you not as an agent/broker but as someone who's taken care of a disabled person - take good care of yourself, man. I'm sure this isn't your case but shit, its always best to be careful and keep your bases covered.

...Especially when someone else is paying for it. :-P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12970 on: July 04, 2012, 02:55:27 pm »

...I thought I responded to this already.

Anyway, my insurance agent has a long, long track record of success. I'll talk to him about a possible medical checkup.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12971 on: July 04, 2012, 03:29:17 pm »

Dropped my bike today.  There are these patches of gravel on either side of my driveway.  My driveway is on an incline, so I have to back my motorcycle down a hill, and turn as I hit the bottom.  It's a little tricky, but typically no risk.  Except my kids like to throw that gravel around.  It's very large gravel.  Rocks about 3/4 the size of my fist.  We scold them for it every time, and make them put it back.  Today I hit one of those rocks, just as I was turning.  It threw me way off balance at just the wrong moment, and put me leaning too far over to recover.  I ended up easing my bike softly to the ground.  It's quite a heavy bike. 

I don't think there's any damage.  It just propped up on the foot pedals, leaving two neat holes in the heat-softened pavement (it's 101F and no clouds).  I was just barely able to pick the thing back up and put it upright.  Rode to work just fine.  Immediately called my wife and told her to chew them the fuck out and make them pick up those damn rocks  >:(

Seems it's a bad day for Bay12 and its vehicles.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12972 on: July 04, 2012, 03:59:14 pm »

When I get home, I'm having a drink. Holy headfuck.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12973 on: July 04, 2012, 04:07:44 pm »

umm........ my HVAC fan in my car broke yesterday again?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12974 on: July 04, 2012, 04:32:06 pm »

I just found out that after dropping $700 on car repairs, which included fixing the first right turn signal....that the front right running light still doesn't work. After spending that much, one would THINK they would have caught that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 3345