Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691571 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12660 on: June 24, 2012, 11:42:18 pm »

AI Allies are suicidally overconfident in the backstabbing department.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12661 on: June 24, 2012, 11:49:06 pm »

..We call them peppers here. What are they called there?

They're called either capsicums or chillies, depending on whether they're spicy or not.
Same here in the UK.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12662 on: June 25, 2012, 12:08:22 am »

I... I like watching LPs, I really do, but sometimes watching other people play games, especially turn based strategy games, makes me want to strangle said people. It feels like watching someone that's been somehow inflicted with a recording induced myopia of the brain. Miss so much, do so many things that's just incredibly stupid, etc., etc., etc.

It's painful to watch, and the gut reaction is to beat them until either the stupid or movement stops.

I absolutely adore watching people genuinely skilled -- or at least equally competent to myself (and I'm not very good, at all) -- play. So it's not just a matter of the I'm-not-playing frustrationbutton. It's just the ones that constantly do stupid, stupid, stupid things, over and over and over again. Learn gods damn you!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12663 on: June 25, 2012, 05:07:22 am »

Customer service: the rotten, infested asshole of labor.
But, but - my current labour is gardening!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12664 on: June 25, 2012, 05:58:00 am »

I... I like watching LPs, I really do, but sometimes watching other people play games, especially turn based strategy games, makes me want to strangle said people. It feels like watching someone that's been somehow inflicted with a recording induced myopia of the brain. Miss so much, do so many things that's just incredibly stupid, etc., etc., etc.

It's painful to watch, and the gut reaction is to beat them until either the stupid or movement stops.
This so much. Watching someone play a puzzle game makes me squirm. I cant actually watch a lot of lets players because of their apparent lack of perception and short-term memory. Theyre like "What button should I press?" and I am screaming at the monitor that the tutorial taught them that 5 minutes ago. This videos reaction to this stuff is hilarious, and I wish there was a video for everyone who plays like this.

I absolutely adore watching people genuinely skilled -- or at least equally competent to myself (and I'm not very good, at all) -- play. So it's not just a matter of the I'm-not-playing frustrationbutton. It's just the ones that constantly do stupid, stupid, stupid things, over and over and over again. Learn gods damn you!
May I suggest DeceasedCrab? He mostly does platformers and the like, but does his homework. Gets all the secrets and stuff. If he keeps dying at a spot then he edits it out. Never a moment where he just wanders around wondering what he should do.

If you want to watch his stuff, you could start with Cave Story or La-Mulana. Watching his La-Mulana playthrough left me wondering if he has perfect memory or has a sextuple monitor setup with all the monitors displaying walkthroughs.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12665 on: June 25, 2012, 07:11:59 am »

..We call them peppers here. What are they called there?

They're called either capsicums or chillies, depending on whether they're spicy or not.
Same here in the UK.

Everything I've heard is that the UK also call them peppers.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12666 on: June 25, 2012, 07:29:12 am »

holy fuck Fifty Shades of Gray sounds so creepy why is this book so popular
How could you not love sexually explicit Twilight fanfiction??

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12667 on: June 25, 2012, 07:36:06 am »

Well, the sex could be bad. Other than that I dunno.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12668 on: June 25, 2012, 07:44:02 am »

How popular is it, actually? Because the only times I hear it discussed are exactly like this conversation. I mean, I guess I'm kind of removed from mainstream pop culture, but I haven't seen anyone reading or praising it.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12669 on: June 25, 2012, 07:49:34 am »

see, if it had JUST one more shade of grey, I'd have given it a try, but they stopped one short, and who wants to read a book that skimps on its greys?

Tsk tsk.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12670 on: June 25, 2012, 07:50:53 am »

see, if it had JUST one more shade of grey, I'd have given it a try, but they stopped one short, and who wants to read a book that skimps on its greys?

Tsk tsk.
Yup, we've figured it out. The next big thing will be "One Shade of Grey: Sex With an Alien."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12671 on: June 25, 2012, 08:10:39 am »

How popular is it, actually? Because the only times I hear it discussed are exactly like this conversation. I mean, I guess I'm kind of removed from mainstream pop culture, but I haven't seen anyone reading or praising it.

Apparently it's selling like hotcakes among middle aged women. It's topped numerous bestseller lists.

My theory is that the big reaction against it is because a ton of college-age kids are noticing their mom has a copy. I'm just creeped out by it. I mean, the plot reads like... well, a bad Twilight fanfiction.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12672 on: June 25, 2012, 08:25:53 am »

It presumably does well for a similar reason to why its source material did well, but with the "creepy and surprisingly popular romance novels" fanbase added on top.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12673 on: June 25, 2012, 09:15:45 am »

This so much, especially when you are good in said game (or just played it trough). It is doubly annoying when you are physically with the person playing. Every time I introduce a game to someone and watch him getting started, I have constant urge to start shouting: "Not like that you bloody idiot!" and possibly enforcing the message by beating said person with nearest blunt object. Of course after the urge has been suppressed the message is expressed in somewhat more civil manner.

Also the classic: "Let me show you!", while trying eagerly to push the other person out from his computer chair.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12674 on: June 25, 2012, 09:35:03 am »

That's the reason I can't watch modded Minecraft LPs any more.
Like one particular player who spent an entire episode harping on about how importat collecting tons of sugar cane was then:
A) Repeatedly walked past sugar cane on the way to his mine, that he could easily have grabbed
B) Repeatedly walked past his fully grown sugar cane farm
C) Neglected to use the really cheap item that allowed you to grow sugar cane in mass quantities with a minimum of effort.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 3345