Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 837 838 [839] 840 841 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707216 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12570 on: June 21, 2012, 05:37:48 pm »

I reserve it for when I'm either in a really good mood and feel like being a snarky asshat, or when something makes me legitimately pissed off. Very very few things piss me off. Misuse of power and authority, and violations of the social contract are among them.
I'm really too jaded to get angry at this kind of thing anymore. It just happens way too often.

EDIT: Not that this has ever stopped me being snarky, in fact it only makes me snarkier.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12571 on: June 21, 2012, 05:57:37 pm »

There are times when I REALLY want to embark on a campaign of vigilante justices against the asshats who completely deserve it but are protected by the system.

I won't, of course, but goddamn it if I don't want to. It's not like justice can be relied upon to do it's job...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12572 on: June 21, 2012, 07:11:21 pm »

Sorry for the double post, but...

I am NEVER fucking going to the fucking doctors ever again. I would seriously rather die at this point than ever deal with these fucking ass clowns again.

No I am not going to pay the 600 dollars you've just MAGICALLY decided I owe you. Not happening! Sorry, motherfuckers! YOU DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING DO ANYTHING. YOU TOLD ME NOTHING WAS WRONG AND SENT ME HOME. YOU FUCKING LIED, YOU FUCKERS, AND NOW YOU'RE MAKING ME PAY OUT THE ASS FOR IT!?!?

And it would be three times that if it wasn't being covered in part by insurance - all this for 7 minutes with a doctor who shrugged and sent me on my way after doing a barrage of pointless tests I told him I didn't want. And I just paid a fucking thousand dollars in who knows what this morning for OTHER bills, and it's impossible to find out what they were even for, because god forbid they actually tell you.

Fucking.

Hate.

Doctors.

I have a 1,600 bill, AFTER insurance, for absolutely fucking nothing.

Edit:
Seriously, fucking scum of the earth. If there was one here right now, I would be hard pressed not to beat the motherfucker into a bloody pulp. Hard fucking pressed.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:26:34 pm by GlyphGryph »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12573 on: June 21, 2012, 07:36:31 pm »

I reserve it for when I'm either in a really good mood and feel like being a snarky asshat, or when something makes me legitimately pissed off. Very very few things piss me off. Misuse of power and authority, and violations of the social contract are among them.
I'm really too jaded to get angry at this kind of thing anymore. It just happens way too often.

I'm at the same point, too.  I spread this stuff around anyway, not because I think it's notable but because other people do... and they need to get past that stage before anything will be done about it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12574 on: June 21, 2012, 07:56:23 pm »

I just had one of those frustrating moments where I thought of something, then promptly forgot about it but remembered that I'd thought of something. Now I'm trying to remember what that thing I thought of was.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12575 on: June 21, 2012, 08:51:12 pm »

You know what fucking sucks?

When your neighbours have five fucking dogs.

In their FUCKING SEMI.

And then they leave them out FOR HOURS while they go somewhere (work, I presume).

All this after THEY NEVER FUCKING TRAINED THEM.

So they bark for THREE FUCKING HOURS STRAIGHT!

FUCK YOU, NEIGHBOURS.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12576 on: June 21, 2012, 11:02:35 pm »

Call Animal Control. You might be doing those dogs a favor.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12577 on: June 22, 2012, 12:18:25 am »

Wells Fargo is charging me $10 a fucking month for having a account there, thats about 100 times the interest that I am getting from having an account there.
So if I continued with Wells Fargo, they would charge me 120 dollars a year and give me about a dollar of interest.
Well, I guess they lost my business.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12578 on: June 22, 2012, 12:20:37 am »

Wells Fargo is charging me $10 a fucking month for having a account there, thats about 100 times the interest that I am getting from having an account there.
So if I continued with Wells Fargo, they would charge me 120 dollars a year and give me about a dollar of interest.
Pretty sure they only charge you if you have below a certain amount of money in your account. I've had Wells Fargo for years, I've only ever gotten fines when I dropped below $50 or so.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12579 on: June 22, 2012, 12:47:19 am »

Pretty sure they only charge you if you have below a certain amount of money in your account. I've had Wells Fargo for years, I've only ever gotten fines when I dropped below $50 or so.
I have a few different accounts open: My lowest balance in any of them is $65.
The balance in the account they are charging me in (my main savings account) is ~$850, and it is called Monthly Service fee.

After doing a bit of checking it appears that I need $1500 in my main account or something.
Screw that, they decide to charge me money on the sly even when I have a significant amount of money there, I expect that they will try to screw me over with more fees as well later even when I fix this problem.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12580 on: June 22, 2012, 12:51:08 am »

Weird, I've only got about $350 in savings and I'm not getting charged anything.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12581 on: June 22, 2012, 01:16:56 am »

I think it varies by some arcane requisites, the amount they charge and the conditions that you need to fulfill not to get charged.
Also, it only started three months ago for me, so I don't know if it started then because they started it then, or they changed the prerequisites or what.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12582 on: June 22, 2012, 01:25:27 am »

That's ridiculous. The charge for a bank has always been you giving them all your money. Now they want to keep some of it permanently?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #12583 on: June 22, 2012, 07:12:20 am »

Some weird problem in half life blue shift, I got to elevator and it hurts me and the scientists, killing the other and blaming me and terminating the game. Apparently problem with the steam version. I hear of some blue shift unlocked mod which helps, but that requires original half life which I dont have...
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12584 on: June 22, 2012, 09:29:07 am »

You could always try to fulfill some other condition. I'm paperless with Bank of America, and have no minimum balance and no monthly fee, all for telling them that I'm doing something I was doing anyway.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 837 838 [839] 840 841 ... 3345