Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707248 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12555 on: June 21, 2012, 09:21:01 am »

I think i'd have to go find alot more figments then, i'm just rank 22 or so.
Well, its the boss right after the super censor, and i dont recall there being a boss before that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12556 on: June 21, 2012, 09:22:47 am »

Oh, that brain tank.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12557 on: June 21, 2012, 09:22:56 am »

You don't yet have a shield, and can't get it without story progression.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12558 on: June 21, 2012, 09:26:34 am »

A quick peak at the wiki tells me that invisibility should work.
But then there is another one of these questions, it already "scans" around it constantly, i dont think me going invisible would change alot.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12559 on: June 21, 2012, 09:39:02 am »

A quick peak at the wiki tells me that invisibility should work.
But then there is another one of these questions, it already "scans" around it constantly, i dont think me going invisible would change alot.
I think I just kinda jumped over the laser and tanked the damage when it hit me.  That's how I beat it, anyway.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12560 on: June 21, 2012, 10:11:00 am »

Oh that's right...you get the shield in Lungfishopolis. I think that's where my game is last saved at, just because I don't want that level to end.  :P

I'm not sure which is made of more win, Lungfishopolis or the Milkman Conspiracy. Between those and that part in Grim Fandango where--ok, ALL of Grim Fandango--I'd bear Tim Schafer's love child.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12561 on: June 21, 2012, 10:14:14 am »

This whole GAME is made of win.
I go into the levitation course thingy.
Thinking
"Neins mind was in order, this one will probably be too!"
oh, i was so wrong xD

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12562 on: June 21, 2012, 10:20:27 am »

Oh that's right...you get the shield in Lungfishopolis. I think that's where my game is last saved at, just because I don't want that level to end.  :P

I'm not sure which is made of more win, Lungfishopolis or the Milkman Conspiracy. Between those and that part in Grim Fandango where--ok, ALL of Grim Fandango--I'd bear Tim Schafer's love child.  :P
I think Lungfishopolis was the best. Milkman conspiracy was pretty cool, but I found the puzzles kind of frustrating.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12563 on: June 21, 2012, 10:59:56 am »

I think Lungfishopolis was the best. Milkman conspiracy was pretty cool, but I found the puzzles kind of frustrating.
Lungfishopolis was the best for humor and writing ("Oh no! It WAS the orphanage!! FOR PUPPIES!"), but the Milkman was one of the best for visual level design and use of 3D, IMHO. Although Black Velvetopia was one of the best in terms of just pure visual style.

Hmm...needs more rage. LUCASARTS, Y U CANCEL THESE KIND OF GAMES?? 

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12564 on: June 21, 2012, 01:33:31 pm »

An off-duty officer gets in an argument and then attacks a grandmother at a restaurant.  The whole thing is caught on camera in front of dozens of witnesses who all support the woman's version of the story.  The courts, despite all evidence, charge the woman with misdemeanor battery and the cop with nothing.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12565 on: June 21, 2012, 02:53:44 pm »

An off-duty officer gets in an argument and then attacks a grandmother at a restaurant.  The whole thing is caught on camera in front of dozens of witnesses who all support the woman's version of the story.  The courts, despite all evidence, charge the woman with misdemeanor battery and the cop with nothing.

This happened in 2010... and as far as I can tell, Livier Torres was sentenced to prison, and didn't win her lawsuit against the Police Force and Hooters for their brutality either. Hooters agreed with the officer, saying that she attacked first ("spit on the officer"), despite video evidence to the contrary, and the testimony of every other patron of the restaurant. Apparently they managed to sweep under the rug that the officer approached her saying "You people are all the same", and when she asked him to clarify what he meant, that's when he attacked her, slamming her head into the counter repeatedly and twisting her arm before calling for backup, clearing the restaurant of witnesses, and carting her off to prison. Oh, and this is once she had already begun to pay her bill and leave.

God damn, this is sick.

What ever would we do if we didn't have our legal system to defend poor Hooters and violent Police Officers from a penny-pinching Grandmother spending time with her children.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12566 on: June 21, 2012, 03:47:04 pm »

King arhturs gold.
The most recent jump map.
Super meat boy minus the sawblades.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12567 on: June 21, 2012, 03:47:54 pm »

What ever would we do if we didn't have our legal system to defend poor Hooters and violent Police Officers from a penny-pinching Grandmother spending time with her children.
Was that black humour coming from you Soli? I didn't think you were the type.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12568 on: June 21, 2012, 05:04:03 pm »

I reserve it for when I'm either in a really good mood and feel like being a snarky asshat, or when something makes me legitimately pissed off. Very very few things piss me off. Misuse of power and authority, and violations of the social contract are among them.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:07:46 pm by Solifuge »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12569 on: June 21, 2012, 05:21:18 pm »

I don't... what? How do you just ignore video evidence like that?
Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 3345