Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707146 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12540 on: June 20, 2012, 10:09:07 pm »

The hell are you talking about? All food is finger food.

I'm with Japa on this one. Plus, you know, cultural stuff.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12541 on: June 20, 2012, 10:09:52 pm »

The hell are you talking about? All food is finger food.
Absolute truth.

Soup, well, the bowl is your eating utensil.

Will agree the subject thing was out of line, and would say bread or something would have been better than fingers for getting up juices, but... finger licking good? Finger licking good. It's a compliment to the chef (or a sign of hunger and/or rather notable anti-waste tendancies *waves*)!

I do tend to tone it back in public, though. At home? Brethren, I lick the bloody plate clean regularly. Paid for that food and by god damn I will eat it. All of it. Speaking of which, I have some leftover barbecue sauce to take care of. Just finished eating!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12542 on: June 20, 2012, 10:10:11 pm »

A bowl is totally a utensil.

And also the only one you need to eat soup or any other liquid based food.

Edit: Ninjaed

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12543 on: June 20, 2012, 10:13:13 pm »

Finger-licking good is a phrase for a reason. Had some delicious home-fried chicken for dinner today, and I'm not about to let the juices go to waste on a napkin!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12544 on: June 20, 2012, 10:20:44 pm »

It's a manners thing, it's seen as unhygienic (which might be a valid concern, but I'm guessing people who eat with their fingers tend to learn to wash their hands before/after), and it's also seen as childish and/or barbarous.

Personally I don't like seeing people eat messy non-finger food stuff with their hands, it irks me the same way eating with your mouth open does. But I'm a little bit weird about food hygene, I have trouble eating food that someone has just touched with something that's been in their mouth (be it fingers, a spoon, a fork or whatever), and I can't drink from something after someone has drunk from it. It's silly, but it's just something I have a lot of trouble bringing myself to do. I don't really know why, I do less hygienic things all the time without any issues.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12545 on: June 20, 2012, 10:28:02 pm »

If it works fine to eat it with your hands, its a finger food. If its a mess to do so, then you have a minor complaint unless its a formal dinner. Thats how I see it, except in the case of food too hot to reasonably pickup unaided.

Also, a bowl is totally a utensil.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12546 on: June 20, 2012, 10:46:29 pm »

Yeah... my problem with the cleanliness rubric is that better than half the time, I still end up making less of a mess going fingers than anyone else involved going silverware. This is pretty much regardless as to what the food actually is. Can involve a great deal of finger licking to get through the whole thing, but still...

Which isn't to say everyone else around has no manners, or something silly like that. I'm just a borderline impeccable food consumer, regardless as to method of consumption. It's actually kind if uncanny, sometimes. I think it's mostly because I've ate hungry enough that consuming absolutely everything involved in the meal is habitual -- food not in belly is food not in belly. Cleanliness means you ate everything.

Though I'm totally with you on the eating/drinking after other people thing, Pnx. I don't mind reconsuming my germs, but everyone else's can stay the hell away. And yeah, compulsive digit hygiene before and after consumption becomes habitual.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12547 on: June 20, 2012, 11:45:45 pm »

So, you guys know that hiding from germs just makes them stronger? I don't actively seek out germs, but I don't use sanitizers/germex, and I'm not afraid of eating/drinking after someone I know well. I personally find the whole, "AH, GERMS!" thing kind of INCREDIBLY stupid, seeing as how you have about three pounds worth of biomass that isn't you inside your body. Some bacteria are beneficial to the human body, not getting exposed to bacteria prevents your immune system from getting stronger, and all these germ killing things are MAKING THE GERMS STRONGER.
Kills 99.9% of germs, weeding out the weakest and leaving only the strong, dangerous bacteria!
But I digress.

I eat with my hands if necessary, but being an American, people get all wierd when you're eating chili or soup with your fingers.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12548 on: June 21, 2012, 12:05:54 am »

Also we have immune systems for a reason.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12549 on: June 21, 2012, 12:11:53 am »

Yeah. Letting all the Germ-Ex and shit do it for you is just unhealthy. Seriously unhealthy. Sure, you don't ever get sick. But when you do, it ****ing KILLS YOU.
Again, I digress.

What made me rage today? I have a better question. What didn't make me rage today? I'll tell you what didn't: Bay12. Fuck literally EVERYTHING else today.

I like that I censored myself the first time but not the second...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12550 on: June 21, 2012, 08:49:52 am »

Second boss in psychonauts.
The brain tank thing.
The first form was already hard enough, then the last form is really fucking retarded, you cant get near it without taking SOME damage, there is no way of restoring it, and if you try to shoot it from far, you dont have enough range and its chucking stun grenades at you like they are being fired from a minigun.

*ragequit*

(btw, i hope i didnt spoil too much here.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:51:40 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12551 on: June 21, 2012, 08:55:52 am »

Second boss in psychonauts.
The brain tank thing.
The first form was already hard enough, then the last form is really fucking retarded, you cant get near it without taking SOME damage, there is no way of restoring it, and if you try to shoot it from far, you dont have enough range and its chucking stun grenades at you like they are being fired from a minigun.

*ragequit*

(btw, i hope i didnt spoil too much here.)
Stay on the edge of its range, keep moving and be conscious that the confuse grenades last for a while before disappearing. When it has a lock, hide behind a pillar. Keep going, it's hard 'till you get the hang of it. If you get confused, just keep running.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12552 on: June 21, 2012, 09:00:26 am »

Nah, i got that one eventually.
I'm having problems with the second one, where it has this radar-esque lazer.
It slows down while it throws a grenade, but thats not enough time to get in and get out again.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12553 on: June 21, 2012, 09:17:09 am »

IIRC, shield blocks the laser, or you can bounce over it since it's a sweep, or you can go invisible to sneak up on it. Can't remember exactly, it's been a while since I played that part.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12554 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:46 am »

Wait, second boss? I could swear that there more than that before.
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 3345