Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705980 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12450 on: June 18, 2012, 05:30:34 pm »

Teach him how to print them out himself? And also to remember to use both sides of the printing paper.

Is it considered discrimination if you fire all the old people for not understanding new technology?

It should be. Employers should pay for their education first rather than firing them.
Love, scriver~

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12451 on: June 18, 2012, 05:52:52 pm »

They had meetings on how to understand all the new stuff. Quite a few. Only about half of them actually learned anything.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12452 on: June 18, 2012, 05:54:53 pm »

My boss likes to schedule grunt work projects about 3 days before they need to be done. So today, he points to a half finished room full of people's construction equipment, dry wall, tools, ect....and is like "yeah, let's get this moved now." It was 100 degrees outside.

He was right there with us working, so that's good. But things always seem to happen at the last moment at this place, and when it comes time for the heavy lifting and filthy work, it always seems to fall to the new guys.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #12453 on: June 18, 2012, 05:55:21 pm »

They had meetings on how to understand all the new stuff. Quite a few. Only about half of them actually learned anything.

Then you fire the half that didn't learn.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12454 on: June 18, 2012, 05:56:46 pm »

I'm satisfied with that solution, not that anyone actually got fired.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12455 on: June 18, 2012, 06:40:03 pm »

I can understand the urge for hardcopies, sorta', but this situation...

It's... look. I'm dealing with roughly a decade worth of files. School files. That were managed by about three or four different people, and went through a number of format changes. There are about four different "standard" folders in these goddamned cabinets, some of them possibly older than the cabinet they're in.

I... I just want, y'know. Them all the same format, and nice flat folders with nice printouts of the relevant information and naught else. Some of these folders are thicker than my wrist. And maybe an easy way to check and see where a folder's supposed to be... y'know, if we actually have one. Stuff like that. I can stand some paper imprint, I just want the ease of use that comes from a bloody database and a laser printer.

Today's secondary and related rage: Digging through files. Finding place file is supposed to be. No file!
 (╯°Д°)╯︵ ┻━┻ *wookie screams*

Yeah. Technically, there's still a filing cabinet in another building that probably has more files in it. The cabinet is locked. No one knows where the key is. Whee! Narglefargleendyourchildrenwarble.

Minor funny, though. There's supposed to be a folder for me somewhere in this mess. Guess what's not there! Ahahaha!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:56:18 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12456 on: June 18, 2012, 07:11:28 pm »

Answer to locked cabinet: Chainsaw.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12457 on: June 18, 2012, 07:31:15 pm »

I was going to say learn how to pick locks, as you'd probably want the contents intact, but chainsaw saves so much time...
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12458 on: June 18, 2012, 07:44:16 pm »

*pats his Lock Pick set*
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12459 on: June 19, 2012, 07:20:53 am »

A post in the minecraft section of my tf2 community's forum.

By the best gamers.
The guys that rate everything even SLIGHTLY related to minecraft bad, and that rate MW3 10/10.
And everybody is like:

"OH WE AGREEEEEEEEE"

Seriously wtf. ugh, i hate it when people go ahead and do that.
Not that minecraft is the best game of all fucking time, it has a lazy programmer, but its a good game.

EDIT:
Shameless way to make people agree with me:
he would probably rate df 0/10 due to graphics. (and due to the inability to understand anything.)

EDIT2:
But then again, the main person saying that minecraft is bad is the same person that says that 2fort is the  best map, and that payload maps have lots of overpowered engie spots >.>
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 07:29:12 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12460 on: June 19, 2012, 08:18:20 am »

The Attrition war that is Summer wears on. Latest Casualty: My sleeping ability, couldn't even get more then three hours of sleep tonight. :(
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12461 on: June 19, 2012, 10:58:26 am »

The Attrition war that is Summer wears on. Latest Casualty: My sleeping ability, couldn't even get more then three hours of sleep tonight. :(
Huh, where I am, it's seesawing between being cold at night and hot during the day. It hasn't been too bad, yet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12462 on: June 19, 2012, 11:22:33 am »

Crows should all die in a fire instead of cawing outside my window at four in the morning.   >:(
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12463 on: June 19, 2012, 01:13:38 pm »

I hate that feeling of being stuck and unable to do anything (noticeable) about it. I have no money and want to buy a game (it's not actually out yet, so I guess there's another problem here), so I spend as much time as possible working on a bunch of different projects that (while unlikely to ever actually get me money) I hope will amount to something someday. So my day goes like this: 1) Open Skyrim. 2) Be unsatisfied and realize I should be working towards my goal. 3) Work for half an hour. 4) Get bored. 5) Repeat.

Now I'm all unmotivated.

Also, a stupid cat woke me up early this morning. *Grumble grumble*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12464 on: June 19, 2012, 04:51:46 pm »

<sigh>

Stop complaining about things you don't know about. Learn IPv6 and then tell me that your statement is still true, and you'll at least have a more believable nonsense coming out.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:02:19 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 3345