Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705729 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12420 on: June 15, 2012, 04:15:55 pm »

I know a few back at home in the crystalline plane.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12421 on: June 15, 2012, 04:54:07 pm »

Idiot RSR (retail employee) fucked up one of my displays. I was setting up Win7 on an $800 ultrabook, and he hard booted it when I was busy doing something else. "It was frozen and I had to fix it! That, of course, killed windows, and now it won't boot at all. He didn't even show remorse . Fucking moron.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12422 on: June 15, 2012, 05:10:24 pm »

Well if it can't boot, its broke. So he should pay for it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12423 on: June 15, 2012, 06:12:57 pm »

Idiot RSR (retail employee) fucked up one of my displays. I was setting up Win7 on an $800 ultrabook, and he hard booted it when I was busy doing something else. "It was frozen and I had to fix it! That, of course, killed windows, and now it won't boot at all. He didn't even show remorse . Fucking moron.

Windows 7 didn't recover from a hard reset? Just what were you doing, out of curiosity?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12424 on: June 15, 2012, 06:15:54 pm »

Presumably he was installing it. If HP uses a different definition of 'setting up' besides either installing or configuring (and it should work fine if its installed, unless you were poking around the bios), I don't know.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12425 on: June 15, 2012, 06:16:49 pm »

Derp, I missed that part. If it was midway through the install, yeah I can see that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12426 on: June 15, 2012, 07:00:28 pm »

Yeah, right out of the box install.  :'(

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12427 on: June 16, 2012, 11:20:24 am »

Bugs, my camera, my boss.

Bugs, they keep biting me while I sleep. My toes have been especially vulnerable. And if I'm wearing socks, they go for my legs. My arms are covering in scabs of heavily scratched bites, and at one point I suppose I scratched my chest hard enough to rip off a good square inch or so of skin(at least, I hope I did that).

My camera, whoever designed the battery cover should be shot, preferably with something other than a camera. It's the kind that you have to tighten a little screw to close(and they included a tiny screwdriver, how thoughtful), a little too short to close after you put batteries in it. The little bit that keeps the other side of the cover from popping out just doesn't work, causing that end of the cover to come out. And worse, the camera doesn't have any memory backup, so once it loses battery connection, everything on it is lost. Irritating, since I wanted to take a picture of our shiny new information board at work, since it looks a little like one of these, which I find to be pretty funny.

And my boss, who yesterday came out and said that Dept. of Labor slaves such as myself are there because of having been arrested for something. I always suspected he thought that, but actually hearing him come out and say it...

Oh, and about that job thing the other page back, it's pretty damn hard finding a job when all I ever see is the same job posting over and over and over, implying that employers only post openings and never actually hire, probably to scum whatever benefits that situation has. Also not helping is the fact that I may well have some people deliberately trying to sabotage my employment efforts. I know my boss may well be too attached to my skills to really want me to go.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12428 on: June 16, 2012, 05:37:31 pm »

Goddamn sales team. I hate when those dumbasses sell our services out with a fucking guarantee that i can fix the computer issue in two hours. I caught a guy with ntoskrnl.exe BSOD and you can only do a repair install for that, customer doesn't have a disc so i have to upload a iso to him and get back to him on monday. He throws a shitfit as he was told i could fix the damn issue. This literally pissed me off today as i spent 3 hours with the computer already to find the damn problem.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12429 on: June 16, 2012, 08:24:37 pm »

Wrestling with subtitles is probably the worst part of anime. I think I'm going to switch over to some English cartoons once I finish Eva. Probably Avatar.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12430 on: June 16, 2012, 08:28:43 pm »

Goddamn sales team. I hate when those dumbasses sell our services out with a fucking guarantee that i can fix the computer issue in two hours. I caught a guy with ntoskrnl.exe BSOD and you can only do a repair install for that, customer doesn't have a disc so i have to upload a iso to him and get back to him on monday. He throws a shitfit as he was told i could fix the damn issue. This literally pissed me off today as i spent 3 hours with the computer already to find the damn problem.
Eesh. That's fucking terrible. I promise that I will never do that, have never done that, and have never even thought of doing it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12431 on: June 16, 2012, 11:29:23 pm »

WHY WAS NO ONE TESTING CROSS BROWSER!?

WHY AM I ONLY HEARING ABOUT THIS THE DAY AFTER LAUNCH!?

ARRRRGH

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH

rage done.

In other news, I need to see if I can scoop up my laptop from the office - I can't bail on my fathers day obligations, but I can damn well work though them.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12432 on: June 16, 2012, 11:31:01 pm »

WHY WAS NO ONE TESTING CROSS BROWSER!?

WHY AM I ONLY HEARING ABOUT THIS THE DAY AFTER LAUNCH!?

ARRRRGH

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH

rage done.

In other news, I need to see if I can scoop up my laptop from the office - I can't bail on my fathers day obligations, but I can damn well work though them.
Test cross browser? Pff. No one uses firefox, chrome or konqueror. :P

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12433 on: June 17, 2012, 12:54:04 am »

Today, I let someone else ask out an attractive individual when I wanted to. I'm not angry. Really. I promise. Okay, maybe a bit.
RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. This says it perfectly:

Incensed is an understatement, my friend.
 I am livid. I am full to the brim with incessant,
insatiable rage. I am anger. I am the past and the present,
 every atrocity committed and will be done.
 I am the seven faces of the God of Wrath,
born to this earth not of a woman but out of pure
spite, sent to judge equally the living and the dead
 under the mantra of anger. I am a minister of death,
 praying for war. There is an onslaught of pure malice
 and a fire of unforgiving rebellion in my heart that
 has laid dormant for so long, and you,
my dearest friend, are the spark that set fire to it.
 Every cell in my body is now dedicated to the very
enterprise of hate, and every moment I spend, every
breath I take and every move I make, is a means to
 achieve utter and total, blinding rage. Simply put,
buddy, I am a mushroom cloud laying motherfucker,
 motherfucker.

Why do I do this to myself?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12434 on: June 17, 2012, 12:55:23 am »

Wrestling with subtitles is probably the worst part of anime. I think I'm going to switch over to some English cartoons once I finish Eva. Probably Avatar.
Eva and Avatar are probably my two favorite animated things right now. Both incredible series.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 3345