Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705610 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12390 on: June 14, 2012, 04:22:05 pm »

Bohemian to me translates to "has a family willing to put up with your unemployment." Otherwise, you're just poor.

Correctamundo.  The even crueler irony there being that if you're in the Bohemian category, not only are you better equipped to deal with being unemployed, but you're more likely to get a job because you're better able to clean yourself up, bullshit a resume, and know people who know people than a genuinely poor person has in those regards.  Except of course, ennui is a big ol' fucking roadblock to that whole "finding a job" thing, and one that nobody even wants to hear about.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12391 on: June 14, 2012, 04:28:33 pm »

Except of course, ennui is a big ol' fucking roadblock to that whole "finding a job" thing, and one that nobody even wants to hear about.

Yep. Desperation is a wonderful motivator, something Bohemians lack.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: June 14, 2012, 08:18:00 pm »

Save states on the ZSNES mess up recordings 50% of the time >_<

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: June 14, 2012, 08:27:11 pm »

All jobs blow moosecock.  Sometimes, enough to find yourself wondering if that bohemian non-existence was really all that bad.  At least you had plenty of free time.

these are words to live by
I seem like an odd candidate to be the one to put this into words, but I fucking love my job. I just wish it was 40 hours a week instead of an average of 8.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: June 14, 2012, 08:30:24 pm »

What is your job?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: June 14, 2012, 08:30:58 pm »

Where do I apply?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: June 14, 2012, 08:35:26 pm »

Blowing moosecock sounds like a horrible job.

In other job-related raeg:

Didn't have much to do during my shift, so we ran some drills. We were taking turns doing Oscar-Bravo runs in our jonboat, and the last guy gets stuck climbing out, falls halfway into the river, and tips the boat, so we have to spend the next twenty minutes alternating between sucking it dry with a shopvac and bailing. Herped when he shoulda' derped and done a backflip into the water.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: June 14, 2012, 08:39:28 pm »

What is your job?
I rep HP in retail stores. I train employees about new stuff coming out (or about computers in general) and help them sell stuff that they can't move.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: June 14, 2012, 09:00:10 pm »

MZ is the guy that sells HP and doesn't afraind of anystore.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: June 14, 2012, 09:21:44 pm »

I hate my job so much that I seriously fantasize about committing violent suicide in the office on the off chance that it would allow me to vindictively haunt the fuck out of upper management.  Not going to do that, but those unhealthy fantasies sure help get me through a bad day.

I angst out about the world in general, because I know that any other job I'm likely to get isn't going to be much better and the reasons this situation exists are all fucking absurd.

If I didn't have an especially needy family, I would be one of those bohemian types.  Bring on the cardboard box and dumpster of freedom.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: June 14, 2012, 09:23:08 pm »

I hate my job so much that I seriously fantasize about committing violent suicide in the office on the off chance that it would allow me to vindictively haunt the fuck out of upper management.  Not going to do that, but those unhealthy fantasies sure help get me through a bad day.

I angst out about the world in general, because I know that any other job I'm likely to get isn't going to be much better and the reasons this situation exists are all fucking absurd.

If I didn't have an especially needy family, I would be one of those bohemian types.  Bring on the cardboard box and dumpster of freedom.
Word to the wise: Dumpster food really sucks. It's better than no food, but real food that you get whole and cooked is the best.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: June 14, 2012, 09:25:13 pm »

I've never really cared about food.  Like anybody, I have my preferences, but the quality of the food I eat has zero bearing on the quality of my day.  Once it's down my throat, I never think about it again.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: June 14, 2012, 09:26:56 pm »

Having really been skimping on food recently, it's not a good idea to go without some decent stuff and variety. 2 months surviving on 3 things did horrible things to my psyche; 3 days after switching to a more varied diet and I'm a billion times happier and more productive. It just costs more is all.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12403 on: June 14, 2012, 09:27:39 pm »

Once it's down my throat, I never think about it again.
Eat spicier food. ^_^

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: June 14, 2012, 09:34:40 pm »

Lol, I thought we agreed biological warfare was wrong?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 3345