Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705568 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12375 on: June 14, 2012, 12:49:10 pm »

Well it's clearly an advertising piece that the advertisers managed to screw up the formatting on (or maybe Yahoo copied and pasted it wrongly somehow).

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12376 on: June 14, 2012, 02:20:39 pm »

I think I shall, too.

'well, you see, he should have gathered that money by legal means then distributed it to the lazy basta-'
*punch to the face*

You need to stop listening to MaxO, greatorder.
Love, scriver~

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12377 on: June 14, 2012, 02:26:47 pm »

So, my department building got hit by lightning. At that very moment a large number of staff laptops were having windows service pack 1 installed and a few other software and hardware specific updates installed. The resulting power surge/outage did something wierd to this very one I am typing off, and it required a fresh installation of Windows 7. It took almost 3 days to perform for one reason or another, and resulted in the loss of some useful (if not massivley important, hence the reason whi it wasnt backed up) stuff, including a saved Lets Play, notes for my RTD and a bundle of photos/notes/presentations.

3 days. Bah.

This is a blank sig.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12379 on: June 14, 2012, 03:18:43 pm »

"That position has been filled."

I'm 0 for 4 now, I believe.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12380 on: June 14, 2012, 03:22:23 pm »

"That position has been filled."

I'm 0 for 4 now, I believe.
I'm 0 for 35+ on Federal jobs.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12381 on: June 14, 2012, 03:27:40 pm »

Well considering you're twice my age and therefore probably a significantly more appealing worker (having this "experience" I keep hearing about but am unable to obtain) this does not bode well for me.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12382 on: June 14, 2012, 03:40:35 pm »

Well considering you're twice my age and therefore probably a significantly more appealing worker (having this "experience" I keep hearing about but am unable to obtain) this does not bode well for me.

The reverse is probably true. Sure they may want people with experience, but younger workers have lower expectations, are willing to sacrifice more to keep their jobs and generally expect lower pay than older people with families, mortgages and what not.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12383 on: June 14, 2012, 03:41:01 pm »

Ah, but I keep on getting passed over for jobs as experience costs money. Why take me on with my many years of proven success when a newbie who will do as they are told and not start bossing chumps around is less than half the cost?
This is a blank sig.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12384 on: June 14, 2012, 03:44:41 pm »

So they tell old people they want younger people and they tell young people they want older people?

I give up trying to understand this.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12385 on: June 14, 2012, 03:47:49 pm »

Yea, as long as they give you a reason why you aint getting the job, it doesnt really matter how real it is as long as it sounds plausible.
This is a blank sig.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12386 on: June 14, 2012, 03:53:10 pm »

Catch-22 of unemployment. You're not alone in that regard. Here's my business card for the BEMAC, Beneath Existential Minimum Austerity Club.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
/rant
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12387 on: June 14, 2012, 04:09:05 pm »

I fell really bad now, browsing this forum on paid work time as I do jack squat, but believe me I feel your pain folks.  I kicked around with a college degree and existing employment for over a year before I was finally tapped for an internship that turned into a paying position only after paying a recruiter to find the guy for me, and then only by picking up a new skill as a hobby and bullshitting my way through the interview, leaving my diploma to gather dust.

There are a million fucking reasons why you won't be hired from any particular job, and there's no getting away from it all boiling down to too much competition for the same position.  If you're young, there's a guy with ten years experience who just got laid off and is desperate enough to take the same starting pay you would have.  If you're older, there's a young guy they can train to their specifications instead of having to retrain you and worry about your more expensive health insurance.  Now everywhere it's a competition between laid-off experience and fresh potential with useless degrees, both willing to work for peanuts.  And it's not going to change until the whole damn economy improves, and the economy isn't going to improve so long as nobody has any spending power because they have shitty income and a load of debt.

So yeah, rage the fuck out, and know that your old friend Aqizzar is still there with you, even as I get paid to sit on my ass and rant about bullshit.  Because the greatest joke of all is, when you finally get that stable paying job and pull yourself up out of the doldrums, you remember what mankind has known since the dawn of time.

All jobs blow moosecock.  Sometimes, enough to find yourself wondering if that bohemian non-existence was really all that bad.  At least you had plenty of free time.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:11:45 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12388 on: June 14, 2012, 04:11:48 pm »

All jobs blow moosecock.  Sometimes, enough to find yourself wondering if that bohemian non-existence was really all that bad.  At least you had plenty of free time.

these are words to live by

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12389 on: June 14, 2012, 04:16:35 pm »

these are words to live by

Or not, when you're dumpster diving for your next meal. Bohemian to me translates to "has a family willing to put up with your unemployment." Otherwise, you're just poor.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 3345