Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704844 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12315 on: June 12, 2012, 05:02:17 pm »

ALSO I"M ALLOWED TO SAY THAT BECAUSE I AM THE LAW."

RESPECT MAH AUTHORATAH

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: June 12, 2012, 08:10:28 pm »

Daughter is sifting through the newspaper coupons, "reading" them.
She brings me a page of coupons for a restaurant and wants to eat there. I want to eat there, too.
I don't get paid 'til tomorrow.

Coupons expire today.

FUUUUUUUUU-

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #12317 on: June 12, 2012, 09:45:13 pm »

My response to the fines-for-swearing stupidity:

Going with the assumption that it doesn't just get completely thrown out, there are a few ways to get around it. I think the best case solution (with the law still being in effect) is to just alter the words that are considered profane. So instead of saying Fuck, shit, etc. make up some random ass word and circulate it secretly as a substitution which has no actual meaning. That way you avoid being arrested and also if someone tries to get you arrested for using the meaningless word they will be S.O.L.
Another way to get around it would be to substitute the perceived profanities with their literal counterparts: Ass = donkey/posterior, Shit = defecant/solid waste/ Scat/ trail apples (horse shit)/ raisenets (rabbit shit), Fuck = fornicate/fornication.

Seems to me that the entire issue is a question of semantics, and should be fought against with more semantics.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12318 on: June 12, 2012, 10:13:00 pm »

Of course, bullshit just has to be cow manure. :p

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12319 on: June 12, 2012, 10:25:57 pm »

I dunno, I think I'm just gonna go there and swear at them until they change it.

On the other hand... fuck that place. If they want to ban the one thing they've got going for them over there, let them.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12320 on: June 12, 2012, 11:18:52 pm »

You know the MPAA only allows one swear word to be in a movie before they give it an R rating? You know what I think of that? Fuck that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #12321 on: June 12, 2012, 11:24:04 pm »

I think I learned that while watching either "Be Cool" or "Get Shorty." Travolta's character explains that, while saying fuck to give an example word, and that is the last swear word in the entire movie and allows the movie to have a PG-whatever rating.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: June 12, 2012, 11:42:26 pm »

Hehe, yeah, Be Cool is what I was going for. I'm glad someone got that, but seriously fuck censorship. Censorship is fucking bullshit perpetuated by fundamentalist Moral Guardians hypocritical fuckwads who don't know how to raise a child. You should expose your children to the fact that life isn't perfect and shit happens, instead of hiding them from everything bad and letting them get horribly shocked when they're free from you're tyranny. Its like that parable thing of the kid who's parents kept him in a 'clean room' environment his whole life, and when he turned 18 and they let him out, he DIED because he didn't have an immune system. [/rant]
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: June 13, 2012, 12:01:37 am »

The fuck? Fuck, I mean, fuck, for fuck's sake. Fucking shit, damn. Fucking fuckers fucking with fucking language. Fuck that, fuck them. Fuck da police, fuck the corporations, fuck censorship (fucking fuckity fuck, fuck those fucking fuckers, for fuck's sake.).

Also: Fuck Michael Bay. Just because fuck him.
___

What is wrong with them? Honestly, do they have nothing better to do? Sort of pathetic, if you ask me. Closeminded people trying to change language to suit their stunted preconceptions, nothing more or less. There are so many things wrong with that. Also, disrespect authorities, verbally reprimand those who destroy lives for profit, and oppose censorship (really, I'm so sick of this rubbish and these moral guardians).

Also: Fuck Michael Bay. Just because.

No major differences in meaning there, just in the way it was conveyed. Honestly, I sort of think that people should be careful with profanity--not because it is "offensive", but because it is sort of supposed to denote emphasis. Strewing one's speech with it just makes one a target for snobs (not entirely without cause) while also drawing the ire of pro-censorship types (not that any of them would ever willingly accept that label), while heavily self-censoring for the sake of censorship (or goodness help us, "Protecting The Youth") is rather sad in and of itself. On another note, as who-knows-how-many people have said before, there is something rather strange about humans that our two main categories of profanity (in English, at least) are drawn from sex and excretion, two of the most common (and essentially human) activities there are, with god/religion coming in a distant third (and slowly being phased out). S'always entertaining to read a SF or fantasy novel where the characters all swear with cultural influences or violent images (see: Dragonriders of Pern, Wheel of Time, et al.).

On to the next rage: I USE TOO MANY PARENTHESES, DAMMIT.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: June 13, 2012, 12:06:58 am »

Lol, good points, all. I'm just tired of censorship right now. And yes, Fuck Michael Bay. Just because.

()()()()()()()()()( :oOH no, you found me!>.> <.< Run!)()()()()()
He's fucking with us.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: June 13, 2012, 01:14:47 am »

Sent an email to the school I might be going to, pretend to be mother making sure that her Gay son will be treated correctly. They send me back an email saying "Of course he will! [Blurghotherstuffhere] However, if you would your son rather not be gay, here's a few camps you can try sending him to! [Insert fucking stupid links here]" FUCK YOU SCHOOL. FUCK. YOU.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: June 13, 2012, 01:21:33 am »

You know the MPAA only allows one swear word to be in a movie before they give it an R rating? You know what I think of that? Fuck that.
You know that the MPAA has no legal authority whatsoever and is ran by a bunch of Christian fundamentalists? Fuck that as well.
Sent an email to the school I might be going to, pretend to be mother making sure that her Gay son will be treated correctly. They send me back an email saying "Of course he will! [Blurghotherstuffhere] However, if you would your son rather not be gay, here's a few camps you can try sending him to! [Insert fucking stupid links here]" FUCK YOU SCHOOL. FUCK. YOU.
That's pretty horrible, but I applaud your forethought.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: June 13, 2012, 01:23:32 am »

You know that the MPAA has no legal authority whatsoever and is ran by a bunch of Christian fundamentalists? Fuck that as well.
They have enough influence that its like they do. "Oh, your movie got rated NC-17 for lesbians? Well, your never going to get shown at any movie theater, ever! Fuck you, and have a nice day!"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: June 13, 2012, 07:18:08 am »

You don't need the damn theater, though. Not in all cases, theres been at least one movie thats been made online.

And ratings are nowhere near the only thing to fuck the MPAA about. So many other things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: June 13, 2012, 08:10:11 am »

Like attempted censorship of the internet. They and their fellow-dinosaur (the RIAA, obviously) have been marching in gooselockstep for the sole purpose of surpressing everything that threatens their outdated, self-profiting stranglehold on the entertainment industry. They're outdated, and rather than stepping aside gracefully, they're trying to knock everyone over the head with a baseball bat so they can tie them up in their basement/kinky torture dungeon.

The kinky torture dungeon is full of their worst nightmares: a VHS player, a diorama of a self-publishing band, and a large series of tubes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 3345