Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704899 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12300 on: June 12, 2012, 02:53:33 pm »

They turned them them off, they can order them back on. No else is allowed to obviously, because that would be against whatever court order shut them down (but left them in the hosting company's site, instead of seizing them) in the first place.

The slumlord is not exactly equivalent here, because if the slumlord locked his doors because of bankruptcy himself (or with his helpers), and the police had nothing to do with the locking, then yes, they are not obligated to open them, while neither Mega nor Carpathia locked their doors here, the government did it for them and then are keeping everyone else from accessing the 'evidence' (at the MPAA/RIAA's bidding lobbying) except for the fragments they borrowed to make their prosecution and said it was perfectly fine to erase all of the evidence after they were done cherrypicking parts of it. That would be locking the slumlord's doors and then having armed mercenaries keeping everyone out of your slumlord's apartments, and shooting the people who tried to enter through the window if they aren't on your side.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12301 on: June 12, 2012, 02:57:04 pm »

Not so much putting the locks on as just not allowing it to be open for business. The fact that they didn't seize the servers tells me they're not that interested in what's ON the servers, just as long as they're not online. Thus, the data is still preserved and still accessible (through the hosting company). In theory, it means people could even get their illegal pr0n and pirated software from the servers if so incllined...just not by network access.

The fact remains, they are actively preventing people from getting their stuff back, and they are the sole barrier standing in the way. In the bank example, seizing the contents of the vault and distributing the legal items back to their owners would be LESS egregious than barring the doors, blocking off the streets that lead there, and putting a big fence around the whole thing.

Because if you say "its still yours, go get it" and then make that impossible, it is your fault.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12302 on: June 12, 2012, 03:05:14 pm »

If Mega had control of it, they would let people access thier files. Its stupid to do so otherwise.
If Carpathia had control of it, they might give Mega's customers and ftp address or something to retrieve their files with if they felt like it. Or just wait and give access on a case-by-case basis depending on who asks.
The Government is currently going "F you, this stuff is not being touched, and we aren't physically holding the servers so stop whining to us about it, we didn't seize them."

Guess who is the one currently in charge of the files.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12305 on: June 12, 2012, 04:06:21 pm »

Criminalizing homelessness has been going on basically forever...

Food Not Bombs has been fighting legal battles from its inception (in the 80s) for doing nothing but handing out free food.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12306 on: June 12, 2012, 04:21:25 pm »

So Michael Bay is making another movie. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Alarms going off in your head? Good, they should be. Because he's changing their origin story from being teenage mutants to fucking aliens. What the fuck will be the title of the movie? Aliens who look like turtles and pretend to be ninjas?

Michael Bay, choke and die you fucking piece of shit.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12307 on: June 12, 2012, 04:25:19 pm »

I remember that news.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12308 on: June 12, 2012, 04:25:52 pm »

I'm fairly sure thats old news.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12309 on: June 12, 2012, 04:26:50 pm »

It's always aliens.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12310 on: June 12, 2012, 04:27:49 pm »

So Michael Bay is making another movie. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Alarms going off in your head? Good, they should be. Because he's changing their origin story from being teenage mutants to fucking aliens. What the fuck will be the title of the movie? Aliens who look like turtles and pretend to be ninjas?

This was all the internet rage some months ago, but it turned out to be a big mistake.  Someone misread something Michael Bay said somewhere and began spreading nerd rage.  The nerd rage went viral and Bay was forced to release a public statement to clear things up.  The turtles are not aliens.  What he had said (which then got misunderstood and blown out of proportion) was that the ooze is of alien origin.

Of course, his correcting statement was still delivered in the most flippant and condescending manner possible, similar to his public response to accusations of racism following Transformers 2.  So hatred towards Michael Bay is still totally justified... just not because turtles are aliens.  The guy's just a dick and makes terrible movies.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12311 on: June 12, 2012, 04:35:00 pm »

The ooze was of alien origin in the original comics, so anyone whining about that must love the early 90s live action movies more than me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12312 on: June 12, 2012, 04:38:47 pm »

My apologies, someone linked me to the misleading article about it just today.

I won't be surprised though when he gives the aliens a cameo accompanied by explosions.
I do not retract the last sentence from my last post, he's still scum.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12313 on: June 12, 2012, 04:48:24 pm »

"DID YOU JUST SWEAR AT ME!? FINE. HERES A FINE. PAY IT WITH YOUR NON-MONEY YOU LAZY ASS.

ALSO I"M ALLOWED TO SAY THAT BECAUSE I AM THE LAW."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12314 on: June 12, 2012, 04:59:29 pm »

I won't be surprised though when he gives the aliens a cameo accompanied by explosions.
Add in some half naked alien chicks and you've got half the original comic books in a nutshell. So, don't blame it all on Michael Bay if it turns out cheesy.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 3345