Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704838 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12270 on: June 12, 2012, 12:29:44 am »

You people and your parties. I don't get it, I really don't. Going to hang out with a large number of people you don't know and possibly become extremely uninhibited sounds more like Hell than fun to me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12271 on: June 12, 2012, 12:42:27 am »

Parties aren't fun for me actually. I'm a very introverted person, so me having fun at a party is me sitting somewhere trying to put off the impression I'm having fun because all these fucking people keep coming up saying, "Why aren't you having fun? Get up and dance/talk/insert obligatory party action!"
I much prefer one on one than anything else. I'm a very single-minded person, and adding people to the conversation just makes it unpleasant for me. And if you have a friend that acts like I just described at parties, LEAVE HIM/HER THE HELL ALONE! THEY ARE IN FACT HAVING FUN! Just because they aren't doing what you're doing doesn't mean they aren't. [/rant]

But yeah, parties aren't really much fun.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12272 on: June 12, 2012, 01:00:47 am »

I much prefer LAN parties. Anything else requires interaction with people I don't know, and that freaks me out.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12273 on: June 12, 2012, 01:21:10 am »

That's why I always make sure there's a significant amount of people I know there. Even with alcohol, I tend to just ignore people I've never spoken to before and go talk to friends.

I'm not the kind of person who goes to huge parties with like 100 people there, but when someone's like "Man, don't invite more than like ten people. I don't want this to be a huge party" it just seems sort of silly. I'm fine with hanging out with like five people, but I also enjoy having 3-5 friend groups to drift between. And I very frequently get acquainted with friends of friends there, which is something that doesn't happen when there aren't very many people invited.

Explaining parties is harder than I expected.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12274 on: June 12, 2012, 01:24:59 am »

Parties: MOAR MUSIC! MOAR BOOZE! MOAR FOOD! AWKWARD SILENCE!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12275 on: June 12, 2012, 01:28:11 am »

The music is for filling the awkward silence, man.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12276 on: June 12, 2012, 01:42:21 am »

The BOOZE is for filling the awkward silence, the music is for mood.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12277 on: June 12, 2012, 02:01:24 am »

Found out I have to get corrective jaw surgery. Woo hoo ::)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12278 on: June 12, 2012, 04:46:43 am »

Found out I have to get corrective jaw surgery. Woo hoo ::)

Chin up, son.

I'm so sorry
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12279 on: June 12, 2012, 11:24:49 am »

My boss has hired a new warehouse manager. Not somebody who knows anything about management or warehouses, just someone who completely shares his worldview that every non-TRUE Christian(that is, people who completely agree with him) is a lying, thieving, baby-raper/killer(and not neccesarrily that order). And the first thing the boss did when he walked into the warehouse was shut off the radio and yell at us for not having Christian music on(and the music itself was pretty tame, this station).

And when it came time to head out with the trucks, there was one guy who didn't really want to go, and they made him go, just him and the driver, while I, who didn't want to stick around the warehouse all day, they completely ignored, pretending I didn't exist for the few minutes it took the trucks to leave. Then they had me cleaning out a gaylord(industry name for a really big cardboard box) that we use to hold the empty plastic bags we give to people to hold the food we give them so that we could use it to hold clothes, since the boss(I think) had given away/thrown out all the rest of the gaylords we had in stock folded-up and out of the way. And it's not like we give out clothes to people, no, that's too much of a hassle. Instead we just let it pile up until there's so much we have to send it to New Jersey to be shredded. And nobody at work is allowed to take any of the excess clothing since if one person can, everyone would have to be able to.

And in that gaylord I was cleaning, I found a few old, rather hateful pampleths, one titled "Three LIES that Jehovah's Witnesses will tell you" and one about Mormons and the Jesus they worship(which had an illustration of a demonic Jesus).

I seriously need to find a job.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12280 on: June 12, 2012, 11:26:14 am »

My boss has hired a new warehouse manager. Not somebody who knows anything about management or warehouses, just someone who completely shares his worldview that every non-TRUE Christian(that is, people who completely agree with him) is a lying, thieving, baby-raper/killer(and not neccesarrily that order). And the first thing the boss did when he walked into the warehouse was shut off the radio and yell at us for not having Christian music on(and the music itself was pretty tame, this station).

And when it came time to head out with the trucks, there was one guy who didn't really want to go, and they made him go, just him and the driver, while I, who didn't want to stick around the warehouse all day, they completely ignored, pretending I didn't exist for the few minutes it took the trucks to leave. Then they had me cleaning out a gaylord(industry name for a really big cardboard box) that we use to hold the empty plastic bags we give to people to hold the food we give them so that we could use it to hold clothes, since the boss(I think) had given away/thrown out all the rest of the gaylords we had in stock folded-up and out of the way. And it's not like we give out clothes to people, no, that's too much of a hassle. Instead we just let it pile up until there's so much we have to send it to New Jersey to be shredded. And nobody at work is allowed to take any of the excess clothing since if one person can, everyone would have to be able to.

And in that gaylord I was cleaning, I found a few old, rather hateful pampleths, one titled "Three LIES that Jehovah's Witnesses will tell you" and one about Mormons and the Jesus they worship(which had an illustration of a demonic Jesus).

I seriously need to find a job.
well theres alot of call centers around here.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12281 on: June 12, 2012, 11:31:15 am »

I kinda want one of those pamphlets. They sound hilarious.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12282 on: June 12, 2012, 11:34:40 am »

You're still working for the fundamentalists? Dude, it's been almost two years now, you need to do something about this.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12283 on: June 12, 2012, 11:35:02 am »

You're still working for the fundamentalists? Dude, it's been almost two years now, you need to do something about this.
Seriously.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #12284 on: June 12, 2012, 11:40:16 am »

I just lost several hours of work because someone was overly gratuitous with the code formatter, and CVS has super crappy merge capabilities compared to SVN.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 3345