Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703843 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12180 on: June 09, 2012, 12:39:16 am »

Slow drivers made me rage today.

My broken hand made me rage today.

Hansland cancels typing: Throwing Tantrum

Hanslanda punches the pillow with his right hand, but the attack passes through.
Hanslanda punches the pillow with his right hand, but the attack passes through.
Hanslanda punches the pillow with his right hand, shattering his right hand, jamming the bone through the muscle.

Hansland has gone Beserk!
Hansland cancels tantrum: Too Insane
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12181 on: June 09, 2012, 01:50:04 am »

My brother and his friends are watching George Carlin. He's talking about racism.

An hour ago these guys were talking about how the only reason they don't say the n word all the time is because they'd lose their jobs. I don't think they'd understand the irony.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12182 on: June 09, 2012, 02:02:40 am »

People keep thinking I'm leaving the country for whatever reason. This is very annoying.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12183 on: June 09, 2012, 02:05:49 am »

People keep thinking I'm leaving the country for whatever reason. This is very annoying.

We'll miss you. Will you have internet access when you're abroad?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12184 on: June 09, 2012, 02:08:16 am »

The plane at least had wi-fi. I'm posting this as we take off.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12185 on: June 09, 2012, 03:23:14 am »

Let's get away from that topic, because we all know where it leads.

Re-casting Salmonbot as a bot is much more entertaining.

I recommend Tom's of Maine toothpaste for strengthening relationships.

Can you reinforce concrete with it? No. Can you use it to slice, dice, and julienne things? No. Is it versatile, strong, and able to withstand more than you? No.

So what is it good for? Nothing.

It's time to get tough about tooth cleaning. It's time to use...

Steel.

I brush my teeth with a bowie knife. Like a man.
Love, scriver~

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12186 on: June 09, 2012, 04:02:52 am »

Let's get away from that topic, because we all know where it leads.

Re-casting Salmonbot as a bot is much more entertaining.

I recommend Tom's of Maine toothpaste for strengthening relationships.

Can you reinforce concrete with it? No. Can you use it to slice, dice, and julienne things? No. Is it versatile, strong, and able to withstand more than you? No.

So what is it good for? Nothing.

It's time to get tough about tooth cleaning. It's time to use...

Steel.

I brush my teeth with a bowie knife. Like a man.

Fuck bowie knives. I brush my teeth with Hydrochloric acid and shark blood. On the teeth of a living, wild, conscious grizzly bear.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12187 on: June 09, 2012, 04:25:51 am »

If I can't find my Bowie knife, I use my brass knuckles to punch the shit off my teeth.
Love, scriver~

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12188 on: June 09, 2012, 08:53:02 am »

ClF3 is the real man's toothpaste.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12189 on: June 09, 2012, 11:14:14 am »

Laundry, AGAIN. Yesterday, my mother tells me to do laundry today(I normally do it on Sunday), and to start early so I can get it on the clothesline early(fun fact, our forbidden dryer is still plugged in), despite the fact that there's no room to put everything on.

Then, as I'm finishing the last load in the machine, it starts raining. And there's no reason to believe that they didn't know about it ahead of time, since they put my bicycle in the garage.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12190 on: June 09, 2012, 01:55:53 pm »

Wow Akura, that's kind of messed up.

Destructoid posted another article about Game of Dwarves, claiming it puts a spin on the Minecraft formula, without mentioning Dwarf Fortress. I mean, how fucking stupid, just how fucking stupid. Too angry for more words than that.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12191 on: June 09, 2012, 01:57:09 pm »

To be fair they might have thought the viewers to be too stupid to know about DF, and opted for a more well known block based building game.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12192 on: June 09, 2012, 02:47:28 pm »

Destructoid posted another article about Game of Dwarves, claiming it puts a spin on the Minecraft formula, without mentioning Dwarf Fortress. I mean, how fucking stupid, just how fucking stupid. Too angry for more words than that.

My skull, it bleeds

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12193 on: June 09, 2012, 02:51:18 pm »

Wow Akura, that's kind of messed up.

considering minecraft was based on a bit of df as well as infimer ( even notch mentions it ). it's clear the df is a far more matured and indepth game. the problem is: most gamers are obsessed with the notion of graphics and shiney over gameplay. when most people watch me play they confuse df for a game 20 years old, often saying" why do you play such an old game" even when i use a texture pack. It's not that DF is unpopular, it's that df is not eye candy in audiences eyes, unlike minecraft which takes things a step up into 3D ( not that df isn't technically 3D ). DF is just not "presentable" to the general public because of it's retro graphics choice and clear look of age which most older gamers would respect and enjoy( i damn well enjoy it i know that ), which newer audiences unfortunately brush off. Comparing the game of dwarfs to DF is liek comparing connect 4 to chess, many know of both, but few know how to play chess well, or even some of the more "secret" rules such as Castling, connect 4 being understood within seconds and can be played even easier. Comparing minecraft to dwarfs is like saying compare lego to connect 4, simple and fun, one being incredibly addictive and popular, the other being simple fun and somewhat addictive.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12194 on: June 09, 2012, 03:03:30 pm »

So after a whole load of irritating experimentation and a thing where I made part of my computer look like something out of a 1980's scifi show I managed to fix the horrible screeching sound that was being generated by my microphone. It turned out my computer wasn't grounded properly. But now there's a whole frustrating thing where my father insists I can't plug my computer straight into the socket because he wants to plug his phone charger there, and now I'm awkwardly positioned with my desk, and tomorrow I'm going to have to rearrange everything in order to give my father that slot he wants to use.
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 3345