Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703453 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

People who are good at their job at expensive. We need to cut costs, you know!

And if we train them, then they'll BE good at their jobs, and might be able to get another and we'll have to pay them more money... too risky, too much a waste of time. God, don't you have any clue how business WORKS!?
Obviously not. It's that kind of thinking that truly warrants a million dollar salary and stock options.
CAPITALISM....FUCK MY LIFE D:

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

just found that (unless something changed) 0x10c will be monthly pay to be able to play it.

I'm out.
Oh, come ON!
Well, if anyone besides WoW was to keep floating the subscription-based model, Notch isn't a bad choice. But that doesn't mean I'm going to help there.

Also, Shareware was 'Here, have a large demo. The rest of the game is only a cd-key away, just buy the game first please.'Arcen Gmaes still does a similar model for their games, its nice.
P2W is 'Heres the game, now pay us (more) to be competitive plz.'
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Y'know what makes me rage lately?  Being sleepy.  It's really, really annoying.  I mean, I'm driving, and no matter how much I tell my body, "Hey, you can't go to sleep right now, or you'll die!", it doesn't really listen.  So I spent the 90 minute drive home from work today yelling at myself in the car to stay awake.  That was an interesting experience.

Sure, I could go to bed earlier, but I already feel like a kid going to bed at 10PM because I have to get up at 5AM.  Going to bed earlier than that...

Seriously though, what's with sleep?  Why do we have to fall unconscious and hallucinate for about 8 hours a night or feel like complete crap the next day?  ???
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Mm, honestly I've always preferred subscriptions over PtW/microtransaction "free" models, as long as the fee isn't absurd. Case in point was (and is) Runescape. I haven't played it in ages, and I think the membership fee has gone up, but back when I did, it was damn near perfect. You could play what essentially amounted to a free, unlimited-time demo with the more basic skills, a smaller area, and a much more limited range of items and storage space, but it was still a decent game in its own right, and the fee was only $5/mo. I'd love to see a good MMORPG (likely another browser-based one, but still) operate like that, rather than the bullshit that you have to deal with from WoT et al., or with the absurd sub fees for EVE, WoW, etc.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

And then SalmonGod was a spambot.

This is exactly what I was thinking as I typed the post :P

But seriously... my teeth were extremely sensitive to cold my whole life.  Drinking anything with ice in it was painful.  In my early twenties, I got my first couple cavities and my dentist began saying forboding things.

Then I read about all the debate about fluoridation.  I decided I'd go ahead and see what happens if I get away from it.  I changed nothing about my habits besides drinking only non-fluoridated water and using only non-fluoride toothpaste, which leaves Tom's as the only option.

After a couple months, I noticed my teeth weren't sensitive to cold anymore.  Every dentist visit since then, they've had nothing to say but "Keep it up and you'll have your teeth for the rest of your life."

I had to use fluoride toothpaste again for a couple months last year, because my wife bought a tube for me by mistake.  My teeth quickly went back to being cold-sensitive again and just feeling weaker.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

/reports SalmonGod
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I've got to admit, the salmonbot almost had me fooled. It must have taken some very clever programming to build up a reputation for years before making the sell.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

That'll make my sell in a couple years even more successful, I bet.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

I'm getting ready to execute the script that will turn every post I've ever made into an ad.
*Hugs*

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Can I have something like that to activate when I die? Just edit every single thing I've ever done on the internet into spam posts.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Can I have something like that to activate when I die? Just edit every single thing I've ever done on the internet into spam posts.
You can do that. I've been thinking of setting one up for when I die that tells all my internet friends.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

You can do that. I've been thinking of setting one up for when I die that tells all my internet friends to buy things.

fixed

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

You can do that. I've been thinking of setting one up for when I die that tells all my internet friends to buy things.

fixed
Would you rather know I died or know that I support buying Generibrandtm?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why choose just one?

"You know Generibrand brand product is good! Why, I just died, and it was so good that I managed to tell you so ANYWAY!"

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

So my signifigant other has a habt of taking over various online accounts of mine.

It started with email... no problem, I dont realy use it much outside of my work account which she has no access to.

Then PayPal, which goes through out joint account anyway, so she is entitled to access it.

Then eBay, which started to get frustrating - how hard would it be to set up your own?

Then Facebook, to play stupid social games. My account is now simply a spamfest of Sims Social notices and suchlike.

Now Twitter, which I had set up for professional use only - contacting students, distributing materials and so on. Instead its full of shitty celeb twaddle.

How long before this account is hijacked and some possessive nutjob is posting crap? Not sharing the passwords gets me the "What are you hiding?" treatment...

Bah.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 3345