Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702863 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Poor Snake......Edition
« Reply #12075 on: June 06, 2012, 11:26:29 pm »

I've done the first session of the laser hair removal today. It fucking hurted fucking like fucking fuck, fuck it! And that was with the laser potency so weak it didn't even got my skin red.

Oh lord, this isn't making me excited for the potential hair-related things that lie in my distant future.
I hate to say this, but I am suddenly really, really glad I don't have to go through that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12076 on: June 07, 2012, 12:00:21 pm »

> watch planetside 2 trailer at school
> random person comes along
> "WOW THAT LOOKS RETARDED DURR DURR DURR"

IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, HOLD YOUR MOUTH SHUT GODDAMNIT!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12077 on: June 07, 2012, 12:47:11 pm »

Colds and allergies have rather similar symptoms, since the things you actually feel are caused by your immune system rather than the source of the problem.

You might have very minor allergies.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12078 on: June 07, 2012, 12:54:31 pm »

I've done the first session of the laser hair removal today. It fucking hurted fucking like fucking fuck, fuck it! And that was with the laser potency so weak it didn't even got my skin red.

Oh lord, this isn't making me excited for the potential hair-related things that lie in my distant future.
Do they have laser hair restoration treatments? I might be up for that. Although thinking about what that might entail...
"We put hair back into your head by shooting it in there with a laser!"  :o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12079 on: June 07, 2012, 12:57:15 pm »

They actually do have treatments where they take hair from the back of your head and put it on top.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12080 on: June 07, 2012, 01:03:53 pm »

But then I'd have a big gap on the back of my head. I need to get hair from someone else's head.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12081 on: June 07, 2012, 01:05:39 pm »

You'd prefer using your pubes instead?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12082 on: June 07, 2012, 01:10:25 pm »

But then I'd have a big gap on the back of my head. I need to get hair from someone else's head.
I charge $100,000 per scalping.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12083 on: June 07, 2012, 01:14:02 pm »

So my mother has this hare-brained plan to let some "friends" of hers (who happen to be $8000 in debt to their previous landlord) come live with her and pay her rent. I finally assented on the condition that she have a rental agreement drawn up, that I be allowed to review it, and that she run it by a real estate attorney first.

None of this happened, to my knowledge, and they're moving in this weekend. SO MUCH RAEG. I do not want to have to spend my weekend driving three hours round-trip to show up and forcibly prevent people from moving in, and making my mother look like the complete failure that she is.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12084 on: June 07, 2012, 01:26:48 pm »

You'd prefer using your pubes instead?
hair from down there.

I hear in Australia it's standard procedure to use hair from down under.
Love, scriver~

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12085 on: June 07, 2012, 03:29:20 pm »

Thank God these forums come equipped with a rage catcher (i.e. this thread).

Today, the last day of school, after WEEKS of stressing about a video project for AP European History, having FINALLY FINISHED MY PART (screenwriter (done way long ago), actor/director (finished two weeks ago), editor (done yesterday)), I thought that the main editor/cameraman had pulled through and was done with his part of the project. I drop off a flash drive with my exported video at his house, see his progress -- he's working on the beginning part of the video.

So I think 'that's fine, he procrastinates and finishes close to deadlines. It'll be a long night for him, but it'll work out'. Hah, right. This morning before school I receive this text: "Hey a bit of a crisis occured last night....premiere crashed and deleted your video (i don't know exactly how). Is it ok if my dad comes by and picks up the flash drive?". Okay, it'll work, he'll get the flash drive, put my video in (which, I might add, was fully done and needed no extra editing) and export it.

PSYCHE! That's the wrong number assumed competency level! Turns out his computer crashed again, so he had to coach his dad through putting it together via text.

And that turned out as you might expect.

Okay, we're in the class right now, but if we have my brother (who actually knows how to edit film) pick up the external hard drive and put it together on my computer, it could work. And it did! Huzza--

Wait.

What.

The video was done, it starts with an intro (fancily done by my partner), goes into my part, has music, flashbacks, smooth transitions, subtitles -- and then goes back to his part. The part he cobbled together at the last minute (translation: everything he edited except the intro). It had no music, abrupt and sudden switches between scenes, no headings (which were rather important, seeing as we were making a video about time travel), misspelled words in the two places that actually had text (BTW, there were ONLY TWO PLACES THAT HAD TEXT in the part he edited), scenes missing (plot-related important ones, I might add), screwed up credits, and poorly done effects (one thing I originally thought he excelled at).

In summary, and this is coming from a person who nearly never swears, fuck cooperation. I'm never letting someone I don't have absolute faith in take on a leadership role in any group I'm in again.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12086 on: June 07, 2012, 03:31:40 pm »

@Araph : Yeah...

That's why I personally did my group's video project for school. I made sure to make it airtight by myself, but I transferred before I was able to know how well it was marked ... <.<
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:35:29 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12087 on: June 07, 2012, 03:33:19 pm »

That really sucks. Fear of something like that happening is why I pretty much always just do the damn project myself and let whoever is supposed to working with me slack off, unless they're someone I know is a hard worker.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12088 on: June 07, 2012, 03:38:53 pm »

It's even worse because I, for some time before this, considered my partner to be a competent and professional worker. This sudden metaphorical blast of cold water to the face at an important juncture is quite a strike to the genitals.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Look at it this way. At least you learned this before you got to college (assuming you're going, you're in AP so I'd assume you are.) Now you can go into higher education knowing that your worst enemies in a group setting are your other group mates.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 3345