Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702374 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Poor Snake......Edition
« Reply #12015 on: June 04, 2012, 09:16:47 am »

In the (presumably) final jumping part of Psychonauts, the bit where you follow your father through the meat circus as he tries to murder you (gee thanks Dad) and the water rises. There is a broken, flaming vertical spiral of climbing net. I have died on this obstacle somewhere approaching sixty times now. What the fuck.

That's the exact part where I got stuck too. It wouldn't have been so bad if the camera was even slightly cooperative, but they decided to lock it for that specific sequence. The camera is pretty much the only thing they got wrong in the whole game.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12016 on: June 04, 2012, 09:55:54 am »

It's just too long without a checkpoint; there's the part with the ropes and the flinging of shit by Dad just before it that's difficult the first time round, annoying the next twenty and trivial from then on, and each time you barely get any further.

Possibly the worst part is how long it'd take for you to actually lose the game: if you fall in the water, you don't actually lose any lives or health. That means you have to wait for slipups dodging your dad's projectiles or falling into the fire to actually take damage, and it's just interminable.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12017 on: June 04, 2012, 12:58:29 pm »

Self promoters. The people who can't open their mouths without trying to sell themselves or what they do. The kind of people who take everything they've done and spin it into a title, making a mountain out of their molehill. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's people talking to you LIKE YOU HAVE A MEGAPPPHOOOONNNNNEEEEEE and you're at the Big Top.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12018 on: June 04, 2012, 03:32:13 pm »

The screen on my laptop (which I only got last Christmas) suddenly decided to just quit out on me. Dunno if the data is still intact but now I can't fucking use it
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12019 on: June 04, 2012, 03:34:03 pm »

The screen on my laptop (which I only got last Christmas) suddenly decided to just quit out on me. Dunno if the data is still intact but now I can't fucking use it
If it still turns on, the data is probably fine. Might be a bit difficult to get to it without attaching a monitor to yor laptop though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12020 on: June 04, 2012, 04:25:45 pm »

If it still turns on, the data is probably fine. Might be a bit difficult to get to it without attaching a monitor to yor laptop though.

A poor consolation considering the only other computer in the house is the slow as fuck, constantly crashing PoS franken machine we've had since fucking '95. I mean we've upgraded it since then but the piece of shit spazzes out whenever there are more than two windows open
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12021 on: June 04, 2012, 04:37:31 pm »

So, you're one of those people who still have a builtin floppy disk drive, then?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #12022 on: June 04, 2012, 04:51:24 pm »

So, you're one of those people who still have a builtin floppy disk drive, then?

I still have several 5 1/4 drives. 8 inch is before my time however.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: June 04, 2012, 04:54:17 pm »

I still have a floppy drive and I built this PC in 2000 :P I like having multiple fail-safes in terms of boot options.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12024 on: June 04, 2012, 04:55:25 pm »

I'm one of those people. Although the only thing wrong with this machine other than being old is that the CD and CD/DVD drives no longer work.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12025 on: June 04, 2012, 07:39:03 pm »

Battlefield Premium came and what do you know a shitton people already bought and unlocked every damn gun in the game, not even worth leveling up anymore.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12026 on: June 04, 2012, 08:17:06 pm »

Was it worth leveling it in the first place, though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12027 on: June 04, 2012, 10:41:21 pm »

Was it worth leveling it in the first place, though?
Well yea since you get your newb slaying weapons in the end, now everyone can get it with a wallet.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12028 on: June 04, 2012, 11:44:49 pm »

Battlefield Premium came and what do you know a shitton people already bought and unlocked every damn gun in the game, not even worth leveling up anymore.

I'm getting the expansion packs so I can get the co-op maps, but I'm pretty much over BF3. What could have been a decent, long-term game that's doing it's own thing has turned into just a slightly more mature version of CoD. The only reason I still have it installed is it's the go-to game for a few of my friends. But all I basically do is sit back and shoot stupid people, because the game still gets played like BC2, with added bonus of corridor maps turning into nothing but RPG and M320 spam. Trying to play the game tactically with friends is damn near impossible unless you're all sniping or being sneaky fucks with mortars and what not. The only upshot to the Premium Pack/Quick Kits (not one but TWO ways to completely skip the leveling scheme) is there are so many noobs playing right now that don't know the first thing about the game, and are easy pickings. But that's hardly a reason to play.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12029 on: June 05, 2012, 11:23:13 am »

That combined peanut butter and jelly stuff. Not only does it taste like crap and is damn near impossible to spread properly, I nearly shattered my wrists(both of them. At the same time) trying open the jar. Almost a shame I didn't. I could use a good lawsuit and an excuse not to work.

Also, the recording they have answering their phones is equally shitty. I AM CALLING BETWEEN THE HOURS OF NOON AND 5 PM, GOD DAMN IT.
About the same here, except it stops at 4PM(I wait for a bus supposed to arrive at 4:44PM), and I've never bothered to try and call. Supposedly, there's a secret number that you can call during sensible hours, and you still have to pretend to be related to a bus driver.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 3345